With today's cuts and the release of BIG Mike

With the releases today and of BIG Mike, who do we take in Round 1?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. With the releases today and of BIG Mike, who do we take in Round 1?

• DT Haloti Ngata
    • SS Michael Huff
    • TE Vernon Davis
    • RT Winston Justice

I flipped a coin between Ngata and Davis. Davis won. It's that close for me. I don't believe Huff or Justice are top 10 worthy. Even top 15 would be stretching it for these two.......... Now Hawke, that is a nice wild card VABills...........

I'm favoring Huff but Ngata definately a bigger need with Adams gone.

615693[/snapback]

Arrghh!!! Don't you guys read what Marv says? We will not be drafting Ngata or any other 2-gap DT. Ain't going to happen. We'll either take Huff or Davis or trade down if possible.

Arrghh!!! Don't you guys read what Marv says? We will not be drafting Ngata or any other 2-gap DT. Ain't going to happen. We'll either take Huff or Davis or trade down if possible.

615937[/snapback]

I agree with you some what. I think we either draft Huff or trade down.

615937[/snapback]

I'm thinking you're right. In light of these recent cuts, so many of these guys seem logical to draft. I'd be happy with any number of them. I'll wait to see what FA brings. It's really the only way to get a good feel as to how our first selection may go. This is exciting stuff. There is a certain cleansing feeling I'm having with these cuts. Seems fresh. I'm on board with Marv. I feel good about him and his decision making. I trust him more than anything else.

I don't understand why everyone wants Ngata so badly.

He may be the bes player at his position, but he's not that elite, "once in a great while" guy like Vernon Davis or Michael Huff.

Honestly, i'd much rather see us go with one of them and then draft a Gabe Watson, Claude Wroten, or Orien Harris in the 2nd because I don't think they're that far off of Ngata. Then i'd make a V-Line (or is it B-Line?) for a guy like Rocky Bernard, Grady Jackson, or Brentson Buckner in FA.

I think it's much easier to fill the need of DT then it is to fill SS or a good TE.

I don't understand why everyone wants Ngata so badly.

He may be the bes player at his position, but he's not that elite, "once in a great while" guy like Vernon Davis or Michael Huff.

Honestly, i'd much rather see us go with one of them and then draft a Gabe Watson, Claude Wroten, or Orien Harris in the 2nd because I don't think they're that far off of Ngata. Then i'd make a V-Line (or is it B-Line?) for a guy like Rocky Bernard, Grady Jackson, or Brentson Buckner in FA.

I think it's much easier to fill the need of DT then it is to fill SS or a good TE.

616060[/snapback]

That and Wrotens hundreds of pounds of pot would be good huh? Wroten may not ever see a football feild again after his speeding and drug trafficking charges.

That and Wrotens hundreds of pounds of pot would be good huh?  Wroten may not ever see a football feild again after his speeding and drug trafficking charges.

616072[/snapback]

100's of pounds? I saw it was a baggie in his shoe...unless he has HUGE shoes and REALLY small feet.

Story I saw said a total of 25 grams.

100's of pounds?  I saw it was a baggie in his shoe...unless he has HUGE shoes and REALLY small feet.

Story I saw said a total of 25 grams.

616096[/snapback]

Well the NFL network was reporting pounds and pounds , although they were not sure how much. Read one place it may have been in the Bam Morris level, around 1000 pounds.

Well the NFL network was reporting pounds and pounds , although they were not sure how much.  Read one place it may have been in the Bam Morris level, around 1000 pounds.

616113[/snapback]

I'm guessing it's a non-issue, the prosecutor dropped the drug charges.

Dropped

I'm guessing it's a non-issue, the prosecutor dropped the drug charges.

Dropped

616117[/snapback]

Yeah, he's right VA.

It was nowhere's near the amount that you're speculating. Not to mention, it was trafficking (sp?) and not useage.

Whatever it was, the case was dropped. The speeding thing you're talking about is news to me. From all the sources I see, Wroten was supposed to be a 1st round pick. Then this happened and even though he was found innocent, it made him drop a round or two.

To say that he's done is downright silly. The NFL frowns on drug users more than dealers (as said as that is). The fact that he got off and claims innocence combined with the fact that he was found to not be a user helps a lot.

Antaaj Hawthorne was a 2nd rounder who failed a drug test at the combine and he was drafted in the 6th. There's NO WAY Wroten goes undrafted.

For me it has to be Vernon Davis- he will put points on the board.

You can get a run stuffer later in the draft or FA -and if we are playing a 2 deep Zone system then there are a lot of Safety's in this draft that can impact right away. Bullock the kid from Nebraska has talent almost equal to Huff. also the kid from Penn St ETC.

We don't have to jump on Huff if we are going to use a two deep zone.