Gonna Be a bunch of Disapointed fans

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=65730

According to this article from the front page, It doesn't look like the bills may make a huge push for Bentley. Looks like they may go with Preston at centre instead. This board is going to become unreadable with the millions of posts screaming for Marvs head if Buffalo doesn't make a push for him.

I like some of the articles choices for players Buffalo could go after.

According to this article from the front page, It doesn't look like the bills may make a huge push for Bentley. Looks like they may go with Preston at centre instead. This board is going to become unreadable with the millions of posts screaming for Marvs head if Buffalo doesn't make a push for him.

612697[/snapback]

pure media speculation if you ask me......

preston is flexable and can play guard or center, although it is important we get him in the line-up at one of those two spots......if we have a shot at a guy like bentley preston will surely take a backseat......

Giving the job to Preston... give the job to Pucillo, give the job to Lawrence Smith, same old, same old... could be another disaster waiting to happen, I hope Allen Wilson is wrong here.

OTOH, I do like this a lot:

The team wants to retain DE Ryan Denney, a top backup who can play the run and has improved as a pass rusher.

I'd actually be disappointed if we spent $3.5-4.0 on an interior OL.

612733[/snapback]

I would only be disappointed if we spent that money, and the guy sucked!

Conventional wisdom seems to be that all of the Bills problems stem from a bad offensive line (not saying I disagree), and for all of his bluster and flash, TD never really addressed this part of the team in any sort of concrete way. It may be time...

Marv could have the first 15 picks in the draft and take every decent player available at those positions, and this board would still be filled with a plethora of posts screaming about their unhappiness.

Fans, like the media, need unhappiness to survive.

612704[/snapback]

so true

612697[/snapback]

Not me. I wanted Preston to start last year when it became obvious Teague was a liability on the pass rush. I think this guy will remind of Kent Hull.

It certainly is a risk putting Preston at center.  I personally would rather have an established guy like Bentley, Hartwig, or McKinney in there and Preston at RG.  But if (an unfettered) Jim McNally thinks that Preston can start, who am I to argue?

612956[/snapback]

please note - mcnally has been wrong before (see anderson, bennie)

pure media speculation if you ask me......

preston is flexable and can play guard or center, although it is important we get him in the line-up at one of those two spots......if we have a shot at a guy like bentley preston will surely take a backseat......

612730[/snapback]

It's speculation indeed though Wilson is the Bills' beat writer for the Buff News and does have a pulse on the team. As he did correctly predict the Bills would get Parrish and Everett in TSN's predraft magazine last year. Of course I like the article too as he's speculating like me that Ryan Pickett and Givens/Bryant be a good fit. :D

please note - mcnally has been wrong before (see anderson, bennie)

613017[/snapback]

Why was McNally wrong? Perhaps I missed something. I don't recall McNally doing any lobbying for Bennie Anderson, or have any history with him. I remember TD bringing in a few different guards and them leaving without signing contracts and eventually signing bigger deals with teams before sucking as bad as Bennie Anderson did.