• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem at all with Road Runner.

602371[/snapback]

Not my connection. I'm on a smokin' fast connection at work. It says:

Cannot open the file. Verity the path and filename are correct and try again.

Son of a beotch.

Well, the interviews were interesting to say the least, but I really wish someone else other than Ed Kilgore was doing the interview. His questions can be horrid at times. Sometimes, he'll say something along the lines of "Now, the team has struggled lately here in Buffalo, so, do you think it's important to win quickly?"

Ahhhh, no Ed, I'd prefer to stay on the losing track for the next few years. I hate super softy questions like that.

Anywho, DJ was pretty generic still with his responses and typically used the "if we don't do X, then you can't win in this league" phrase. He also said that he doesn't really know if we have the right players on this roster, but that the organization will do whatever it takes to find them.

Marv was insightful at times, but scary (to me) at others. I'm kind of tired of hearing him recall his anecdotal 80s Bills stories. He always tells the story about how Polian took until 3:00am to convince to do the Bennett deal. He reminds me a grandpa that sits the kids down to tell them stories, which is fun to a point, but kind of scary in another sense to me. I just don't like reliving the past. Enough already.

I don't know if this is a new thing or not, but I'm not sure how i feel about Overdorf primarily managing the cap. He may have done this before, but I find it hard to believe that TD didn't control that aspect of the job. If there is one thing TD was ok with, it was cap management. But, maybe it was mostly Overdorf in the past.

Marv REALLY stressed defense though. He listed his top 3 qualities for a winning team as: 1) great D-Line, 2) great O-Line, and 3) Quarterback play (interesting how opposite that was of the previous regime). So, by that line of thinking, you have to believe that Ngata is the guy if Mario Williams is gone. Unless, the lines are the focus of free agency, which is also likely.

Anyway, bring on the real offseason!!

Basically... Jauron has been focused on completing his staff, and that you need to win games with big plays, however the other team needs to fear the run.

Marv went out ona limb and divulged they are really trying to keep nate clements, Jauron- the importance of have 3 or 4 starong corners in todays NFL.

Levy-stressed having high chracter guys on the team, and that modrak is holding the reigns duringt he draft. order of priority, D-lin, Oline, QB.

OK, here is the biggest thing I took out of those interviews.......

DEFENSE

It sounds to me that Ngata will be a Bill (I am not thrilled with that, by the way....he is overrated). According to Marv, and to Jauron as well, defense is the key and where they are going to focus all of their efforts.

Marv said, without a doubt, that he believes DEFENSIVE LINE is the most important part of the team. With that said, look for D-LINE to be our #1 pick (see above).

He then went on to say that OFFENSIVE LINE is the second most mportant part of the team. I really believe that he has these 2 backwards, but oh well. They are both important. I get the feeling that they will address this area more through FA. With who.............well, we all know that Bentley and Hutchinson are the big names out there, but the rest of the league is aware of these guys as well. Not going to be easy.

But, according to these guys, it looks as though the Defense is their #1 priority. Not a surprise by any means, but I think these interviews are a good representation as to where this team is going.

Oh, and Nate will be a Bill.......that is a good thing, but he needs to step it up. I do hope they get a contract worked out though. Avoid the Franchise Tag if possible, but definately use it if need be. Worse case scenerio is that we end up with some very good draft picks. The next several weeks and months will be very interesting!

I don't know if this is a new thing or not, but I'm not sure how i feel about Overdorf primarily managing the cap.  He may have done this before, but I find it hard to believe that TD didn't control that aspect of the job.  If there is one thing TD was ok with, it was cap management.  But, maybe it was mostly Overdorf in the past.

602414[/snapback]

I know what you mean, but Overdorf was the cap manager during Butler's time...I know, everyone will remember TD's "salary cap hell" excuse, but at least when Butler was there, they were winning games. TD dazzled us with free agent moves, sold us on average, to below average talent (Benny Anderson, et al), and guess what? We got pumped up for every season, only to have it come crashing down with a thud...so, even if TD managed the cap well, isn't the point to field a team that at least wins more games than it loses? TD never really did that, but I agree, he was a hell of a cap mangager...unfortuantely, that saves money for Ralph Wilson, but does nothing for us fans!

I know what you mean about Marv. I just can't figure out how genuine he is sometimes, but he sure talks well, and says all the right things. I still get the feeling that Marv (and I love the guy) is still a little too impressed by his own eloquence, but I liked the fact that he seemed forthright. Imagine the previous GM just coming right out any saying that he intened to franchise Clements, would try to work something out to keep Moulds in Buffalo. He just answered the questions, none of (the previous) Ol Whitey's pomp!

I liked Jaurons' interview as well. It kind of bucked some of the pre-conceived notions people seemed to have about him, in regards to what kind of offense his teams will have.

Dan, thanks for the links....that is the first post-season Bills item that hasn't made me squirm...with the Sabres on hiatus, it is going to be a long two weeks....

I don't give a crap who our first round pick is, if these guys are serious about the O-line and D-line and follow through I'll be a happy guy.

602456[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more! It warms my heart to hear the lines are going to be the priority.