Nor'easter

Like A Mofo

It's amazing to see NYC during a snow storm....it becomes a completely different city.  Central Park is beautiful anyway, but even moreso during a storm like this one.  I can't think of anywhere I'd rather have been.

602323[/snapback]

I almost went into NYC just to check it out Saturday. I always thought NYC would be a blast during a snowstorm. Chicago would be alot of fun too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must be awesome, i envy you. I have never been in the city during a snowstorm, but I would love it i think

602165[/snapback]

Snowstorms have that appeal. But I can also tell you that the appeal wears off quickly. The first or second snowstorms are especially great. But it always seems there's that one last FU snow dump in the end. On more than one occassion have I jumped into a small vehicle out of Rochester en route to Daytona or Lauderdale for Spring Break in March, flipping birds to the !@#$ing snow flurries on the way out of town.

Snow in NY will forever be one of the very last things on my "What I miss about living in the Northeast" list. Somewhere between "having an Orange Julius at the Colony Center" and "going to Jamesway for anything."

Snowstorms have that appeal. But I can also tell you that the appeal wears off quickly. The first or second snowstorms are especially great. But it always seems there's that one last FU snow dump in the end. On more than one occassion have I jumped into a small vehicle out of Rochester en route to Daytona or Lauderdale for Spring Break in March, flipping birds to the !@#$ing snow flurries on the way out of town.

Snow in NY will forever be one of the very last things on my "What I miss about living in the Northeast" list. Somewhere between "having an Orange Julius at the Colony Center" and "going to Jamesway for anything."

602523[/snapback]

I thought Jamesway got bought out and then they went bankrupt 10 years ago.

I mentioned earlier in the thread how it was 75 and Sunny Sunday in the SF area. Well right now, where I live (about 25 miles inland ) it is colder than Cheektowaga (30 here, 34 in Cheektowaga)!

The snow level is supposed to be down to 2000 ft, which means a lot of the hills here will be white tonight.

I mentioned earlier in the thread how it was 75 and Sunny Sunday in the SF area. Well right now, where I live (about 25 miles inland ) it is colder than Cheektowaga (30 here, 34 in Cheektowaga)!

The snow level is supposed to be down to 2000 ft, which means a lot of the hills here will be white tonight.

604691[/snapback]

I was walking in the dreaded Marina section of SF last night, it was in the 40's Im guessing. I ran into a few women I know and they were dressed for a blizzard. Multiple layers, big coats, gloves hats and scarves...AND they were trembling and complaing about how COLD it was. Freakin ' wimps. :D

Now, today is a little chilly..but, the sun was out and it's a real nice brisk day. February 16th, sunny and 45 degrees...that's just beautiful, IMO. Damn...I wish it would snow here.

I was walking in the dreaded Marina section of SF last night, it was in the 40's Im guessing.  I ran into a few women I know and they were dressed for a blizzard.  Multiple layers, big coats, gloves hats and scarves...AND they were trembling and complaing about how COLD it was.  Freakin ' wimps.  :D

Now, today is a little chilly..but, the sun was out and it's a real nice brisk day.  February 16th, sunny and 45 degrees...that's just beautiful, IMO.  Damn...I wish it would snow here.

604815[/snapback]

Love SF, hate your weather. As Mark Twain said, "the coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco."

I was walking in the dreaded Marina section of SF last night, it was in the 40's Im guessing.  I ran into a few women I know and they were dressed for a blizzard.  Multiple layers, big coats, gloves hats and scarves...AND they were trembling and complaing about how COLD it was.  Freakin ' wimps.  <_<

Now, today is a little chilly..but, the sun was out and it's a real nice brisk day.  February 16th, sunny and 45 degrees...that's just beautiful, IMO.  Damn...I wish it would snow here.

604815[/snapback]

But 40 degress IS cold. :doh: We are expecting highs in the 20s for the next couple of days. I think I'm gonna have to wear 5 layers. :)

Now they are predicting a chance of snow Saturday night at sea level in the SF bay area!

We had a few flakes for about 30 seconds on Good Friday in 98 and another year the 3800 ft nountain had snow down to 2000 ft for a week.

But I'll be in Buffalo for a week by then!

It was about 60 when I got up about 6:30 this morning. It's now just above 30, and I'm watching stuff being blown through my yard. Reports of buildings and roof collapses throughout the area, along with tipped over trator trailers on the highways.

It was about 60 when I got up about 6:30 this morning. It's now just above 30, and I'm watching stuff being blown through my yard. Reports of buildings and roof collapses throughout the area, along with tipped over trator trailers on the highways.

605549[/snapback]

Its funny you mention that...here in Princeton NJ just looking out the window and man has the wind kicked up quickly in the last hour....notas severe as it seems to be there...but I bet its coming this way soon...

Be careful out there