John Schoop Coordinators Job???

eball

Chicago Tribune on Crack?

Umm...don't we already HAVE an OC (Fairchild)?  This is either TERRIBLE reporting or something else happened at One Bills Drive over the weekend.

Unless they're talking about Shoop as QB coach, I have no idea why this article would have been written.

596177[/snapback]

I am guessing that this one slipped past the editor.

Any chance we could get a copy and paste job for those of us who dont want to register to the Chicago Tribune? Thanks.

596187[/snapback]

Interesting...I clicked on it and didn't have to register.

After reading your post I was just gonna go back and copy it for you but now I'd have to register also..sorry

Shoop on Jauron's radar for Bills job

Former Bears coaches may reunite in Buffalo

DETROIT -- Former Bears offensive coordinator John Shoop, who has discussed the Oakland Raiders' head-coaching vacancy with owner Al Davis, is under consideration to return to the coordinator's role under Dick Jauron in Buffalo.

"I love John and think he is an excellent coach," Jauron said. "I talked to John on the phone about a number of things, but he's pretty set out there, very happy."

Shoop is the Raiders' quarterbacks coach and his wife, Marcia, is minister of a congregation in Oakland.

"I know John so well and have talked so much football with him," Jauron said. "He's got a great mind and is so driven to be good at what he does, and he is very interested in what you know. I can only imagine that conversation [with Davis] because I bet John asked a lot of questions as well because Al is a great football mind.

"After that interview, he said it was a great experience."

Jauron did hire Bears secondary coach Perry Fewell to be his defensive coordinator.

"I have a relationship with Perry from Jacksonville, and I've watched him develop and think very highly of him," Jauron said. "Very smart guy, high-energy, very honest guy, doesn't panic and is a hard worker. I'm really excited about being back together with him."

I thought Fairchild was the Coordinator? What's up with that new clip on TBD suggesting Jauron wants him here?

Jauron brings in Shoop......then it's definitely a horrible idea hiring Jauron....

Marv????

Umm...don't we already HAVE an OC (Fairchild)?  This is either TERRIBLE reporting or something else happened at One Bills Drive over the weekend.

Unless they're talking about Shoop as QB coach, I have no idea why this article would have been written.

596177[/snapback]

Jauron and Shoop are good friends. If Shoop was the QB's coach I don't have a problem with that. He's not going to be our offensive coordinator, we already have one.

I was wondering the same thing!! Fairchild is our OC as far as I know. I have no idea where this story from the front page is coming from. I thought it just might be old news and that Chicago is way behind, but they mention PF as our DC. I have no idea what this is all about......unless it would be for QBs coach. That is the only thing I can think of.

VERY BAD EITHER WAY! I don't want this guy anywhere near this organization......

What's this with a Chicago Tribune report that Jauron may hire John Shoop, Oakland QB coach and former Chicago OC, to be the new offensive coordinator? Jauron's going to get a bad reputation around the league if he hires people only to fire them a few days later because he decides he likes someone else.

What's this with a Chicago Tribune report that Jauron may hire John Shoop, Oakland QB coach and former Chicago OC, to be the new  offensive coordinator?  Jauron's going to get a bad reputation around the league if he hires people only to fire them a few days later because he decides he likes someone else.

596620[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=41407

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=41397

Sorry, I looked down through the topics on the first page and didn't see those threads. I could have missed them though.

In any case, it sounds most likely that the Tribune messed up big time. I think maybe, Jauron would like to hire Shoop as a QB coach/assistant head coach, but Jauron's comments make it seem as if it's far from a done deal that Shoop would pack up and leave the Oakland area.

Jauron is looking at Shoop for the Qb coaching position. I like him!

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#020706

597233[/snapback]

Please, I beg of you DJ, just say NO to Shoop. If this is true, then like I said earlier, this deflates any optimism I may have had that maybe Jauron learned a little something from his first go around. Apparently not if he's even thinking about bringing this guy back in.

CORRECTIONS AND CLARIFICATIONS

Former Bears offensive coordinator John Shoop is not under consideration for a similar job under Dick Jauron in Buffalo. Steve Fairchild already has been named Buffalo's offensive coordinator. A story on Page 4 of Sports on Monday was incorrect.

This is on the Tribune page now. Above the article.

Former Bears offensive coordinator John Shoop is not under consideration for a similar job under Dick Jauron in Buffalo. Steve Fairchild already has been named Buffalo's offensive coordinator. A story on Page 4 of Sports on Monday was incorrect.

597477[/snapback]

Whew :D !

597477[/snapback]

i sent him an email yesterday with the link to Fairchild's profile on the Bills' website. i never got a reply. Maybe the correction is the reply.

596177[/snapback]

I have no problem if he becomes the next QB coach, Jauron is very high on him as a coach and they are probably good friends, but we don't want him calling the plays. He wasn't a good play caller in Chicago.