Seattle Fans Petition

millbank

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to play the world's smallest violin for Seahawk fans.

596031[/snapback]

This is exactly what the NFL wants people to say and think... I could care less about Seattle, I wanted Pittsburgh to win. But, if this happened to the Bills, we would all be as mad as hell.

We don't have any competitive dignity anymore... You think the NFL will ever change? Heck no.

This is exactly what the NFL wants people to say and think... I could care less about Seattle, I wanted Pittsburgh to win.  But, if this happened to the Bills, we would all be as mad as hell.

We don't have any competitive dignity anymore... You think the NFL will ever change?  Heck no.

596038[/snapback]

those refs would not have made it out alive if that was done to the bills in the SB this year.

There doesn't seem to be a huge hue and cry about the officiating in the press, even in the Seattle papers!

PTR

596255[/snapback]

did you miss the sarcasm button? Or have you just not read the half dozen articles i have that have blasted the officiating as being one sided against seattle?

did you miss the sarcasm button? Or have you just not read the half dozen articles i have that have blasted the officiating as being one sided against seattle?

596258[/snapback]

You lost me...what articles did you post? I went to both Seattle papers websites and did a scan of headlines, and not a single one mentions officiating. Either they are deliberatly downplaying it for other reasons, or they didn't think the refs lost the game for them (I do, but I'm just reporting what I se)

PTR

This is exactly what the NFL wants people to say and think... I could care less about Seattle, I wanted Pittsburgh to win.  But, if this happened to the Bills, we would all be as mad as hell.

596038[/snapback]

And if it happened to a team that was playing the bills we'd be happy as hell. It works both ways. People see what they want to see.

You lost me...what articles did you post?  I went to both Seattle papers websites and did a scan of headlines, and not a single one mentions officiating.  Either they are deliberatly downplaying it for other reasons, or they didn't think the refs lost the game for them (I do, but I'm just reporting what I se)

PTR

596262[/snapback]

i didnt post them, Lori did. And a quick scan of media outlets will turn up 3 or 4 more.

Funny, how there's more bitching going on here about the refs than in any of the Seattle coverage of the game.

Most of what I've seen is this:

"It wasn't us at times," Hasselbeck said. "It's unfortunate in the biggest game of the season, we didn't play our best football."

596281[/snapback]

What do you want MH to say? The officiating was garbage and get fined and be called a baby for telling it like it was?

And if it happened to a team that was playing the bills we'd be happy as hell. It works both ways.  People see what they want to see.

596263[/snapback]

You're right... if it happened to the Bills, we'd be mad as hell, and if it worked in our favor and we won a SB we'd be on cloud 9. The key thing here is, that, most of us weren't pulling heavily one way or the other in this game and thus can look at it objectively. I can say, going into the game, I just wanted to see a good game and didn't care which team took it. But, as the game went on, you could see Seattle getting absolutely shafted.

The first TD called back, I could accept... I thought it was ticky tack, but the rule is the rule... OK. But, that holding call that brought it back from what would've been first and goal on the 2 yd. line or whatever, was completely a phantom call... no way to defend it. Then on Big Ben's TD run... I'm sorry, I don't think it was in, but it was obviously very close, and I could accept that, EXCEPT the linesman originally called it down short, then AFTER the play was blown dead and Ben lunged forward a bit after he was down, the linesman changes his mind and calls it a TD. What's with that? I'm inclined to believe he saw Ben lunge forward at the end, but he was already DOWN at that point, and to me it simply didn't look like the ball ever broke the plain before his knees touched. What's more frustrating is, on big game deciding plays, you could see the Steelers getting a handful of Seahawk jersey and clearly held on a few runs by Big Ben that sprung him to seal the deal. Which would've been ok... let em play I suppose, but they never afforded the Seahawks that luxury all game.

I will say, the Stevens incompletion, I thought was a fumble, which worked in the Seahawks favor. However, most of the bad calls seemed to go heavily in the Seelers favor and I think may have impacted the outcome. I had no interest in either team, but I do have to say by game's end I had a lot of hostility toward this officiating crew. They were terrible.

What do you want MH to say?  The officiating was garbage and get fined and be called a baby for telling it like it was?

596291[/snapback]

That is exactly my point all along... He maintained incredible composure (and his team) even walking off the field after the first half trying to avoid the chick (I can't remember which one) reporter. I am amazed he said anything, and handled her question perfectly and told it like it was... There was a split second where he thought about it and crafted his words.

Kudos Holmgren and your team for handling it perfectly... Let the pundits decide and the truth come out other ways!

:(