Thurman Thomas HoF decision thread

SDS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Attaboy, Nick.

PS: Take a close look at the picture of Bakay at the top of that page. Yes, that is a #34 jersey...

594613[/snapback]

great blog, my thoughts exactly. particulary about a certain inductee who whined to the NY media.

What a bunch of  BS that Thurman didnt make it!  :blush:

594674[/snapback]

1 AM EST...And I still can't believe it...

I almost feel as bad for my Roommate as I do for Thurman because he has had to listen to me rant, rave, and repeat every one of TT's carrer accomplishments adnauseum for some 7 Hours now...

But on second thought screw my RM, he's a Cowboys Fan and 2 of his got in... :doh:

I'll go back again to Emmitt Smith's comment which summed this whole deal up...

" He (TT) is a Hall of Famer, and anyone who feels otherwise should have their heads examined." Enough said... :blush:

As much as I would like to see Thermal in the Hall, there are many other players that should be in long before he gets a nod.  Here are just a few:

-Ray Guy-greatest punter of all-time

-Art Monk-awesome

-Wilbert Montgomery

-Harold Carmichael-didn't he set a receiving record?

-Kent Hull-one of the best centers of all time

-hate to say it but The Bus(#5 all-time) will be in long before Thermal makes it.

Anyone know why Monk is not in the HOF?  Did he piss someone off?

594504[/snapback]

I'll let the others beat you up on the rest of your post. (i hate to say i agree with much of it, other than any of these guys deserve it BEFORE TT)

But, as for TT and the Bus, TT not only will make it before the Bus, he might make it beofe the Bus retires. With that said, if i had a vote, the Bus would get it first time and every time (as would TT, of course).

I'll let the others beat you up on the rest of your post.  (i hate to say i agree with much of it, other than any of these guys deserve it BEFORE TT)

No one on that list deserves to be in the HOF MORE than Thermo. Can you argue folks like Art Monk deserve it as much? Suer, but no way TT is less worthy - Look at his stats.

We need TT, Bruce, Andre, Kent Hull and lord willing, Steve Tasker in!

The Bills Backer party in Canton is on hold for one more year :blush:

No one on that list deserves to be in the HOF MORE than Thermo.  Can you argue folks like Art Monk deserve it as much?  Suer, but no way TT is less worthy - Look at his stats.

We need TT, Bruce, Andre, Kent Hull and lord willing, Steve Tasker in!

The Bills Backer party in Canton is on hold for one more year  :blush:

594726[/snapback]

I agree with those but in all honesty, Tasker, Reed and Hull will never get in.

Hull I understand, there are other great linemen getting snubbed each and every year.

Reed, is a WR and it seems like the HOF voters have something against WR, no Monk and no offensive but Michael Irvin is a HOFer. Reed was the 2nd or 3rd best receiver behind Rice throughout his career. He retired as the #2 or #3 all time leader receiver and it wasn't like he played 16 years.

Tasker was clearily the best special team player in football from 89-96. He dominated special teams like no one before him. He was the best at his position in the entire game which the HOF voters talk about, but his position is not viewed as important by the HOF committee, therefore he has no shot.

Bruce and Thurman will be only two we will get to see getting in.

I agree with those but in all honesty, Tasker, Reed and Hull will never get in.

Hull I understand, there are other great linemen getting snubbed each and every year.

Reed, is a WR and it seems like the HOF voters have something against WR, no Monk and no offensive but Michael Irvin is a HOFer.  Reed was the 2nd or 3rd best receiver behind Rice throughout his career.  He retired as the #2 or #3 all time leader receiver and it wasn't like he played 16 years.

Tasker was clearily the best special team player in football from 89-96.  He dominated special teams like no one before him.  He was the best at his position in the entire game which the HOF voters talk about, but his position is not viewed as important by the HOF committee, therefore he has no shot.

Bruce and Thurman will be only two we will get to see getting in.

594749[/snapback]

I disagree...Dre will get in, they are just going to make him wait the way they did with Swan, Stallworth, Joiner, etc...I agree with Peter King when he said recently that the Writers need ex NFL Players speaking on behalf of those who are up for Induction during the Final Voting process...For example, the man who many consider the best DB of All Time, Rod Woodson, recently endorsed Andre Reed for the Hall Of Fame...That type of testimony would surely sway some voters especially if it came a couple minutes before the final votes...Lets face it, if a guy like Woodson says Andre belongs a Writer has to be a complete idiot to disagree...Well after yesterday I believe there are a few idiots in that Room, but nonetheless you get the idea... :blush:

Like I said in my last post, I dont think I'd be so angry if he got in later.  But first ballot?  With that record and lack of accomplishments?  No way.  I'll remember Warren Moon for never being able to even get to the big game, let alone win it, but hell apparently that was enough to send him to Canton.  Go figure.

594317[/snapback]

Jesus friggin Christ. Give it up! I'm not going to read all 7 pages of this whinning so if this remark has already been made forgive me. Warren Moon absolutely deserves to get in before Thurman. He was a trail blazer for the black quarterback. And that remark about how many big games did Warren win? If you're going to look at it that way, how many big games did Thurman lose (team sport remember?) Thurman will get in. It's this crybaby chit that gives Bills fans a bad (and sometimes deservedly so) rap. Get over it.

I disagree...Dre will get in, they are just going to make him wait the way they did with Swan, Stallworth, Joiner, etc...I agree with Peter King when he said recently that the Writers need ex NFL Players speaking on behalf of those who are up for Induction during the Final Voting process...For example, the man who many consider the best DB of All Time, Rod Woodson, recently endorsed Andre Reed for the Hall Of Fame...That type of testimony would surely sway some voters especially if it came a couple minutes before the final votes...Lets face it, if a guy like Woodson says Andre belongs a Writer has to be a complete idiot to disagree...Well after yesterday I believe there are a few idiots in that Room, but nonetheless you get the idea... :blush:

594789[/snapback]

I hope so but the HOF voters really have something against WR. There is no reseason that both Art Monk and Michael Irvin should not both in the HOF right now!

As much as I would love to see Thomas in the HOF, it will be a while. How is Art Monk not in the HOF? Ray Guy should be in the HOF. Bettis will be in long before Thomas gets in. I think Kent Hull should get in. One of the best centers.

As much as I would love to see Thomas in the HOF, it will be a while.  How is Art Monk not in the HOF?  Ray Guy should be in the HOF.  Bettis will be in long before Thomas gets in.  I think Kent Hull should get in.  One of the best centers.

594875[/snapback]

TT will be in next year. Bet the farm on it!

Thurman Thomas HoF decision thread  Post your reactions here (PC @ 2:00 pm)

the FCC wouldn't allow me to post me true feelings.

this was as big of a scam as Monk not being voted in.

why in the world sports writers are allowed to vote for who goes into the HOF is a complete mystery to me.

Bettis will be in long before Thomas gets in.

594875[/snapback]

IF Bettis retires tonight, he won't be eligible until 2012. Thomas made the top 10 this year, and has five more chances before Bettis even shows up on the list. Care to rethink that?