Newly hired LB coach Johnny Holland has already

Tipster19

Bills Lose LB Coach: LB coach Johnnie Holland was hired just last week by Dick Jauron he has now left the team to join Gary Kubiak's staff in Houston. Jauron granted the Texans permission to hire him for their LB coach job. That job was more appealing for Holland since it is near his hometown. He did say he hated missing the opportunity to work with Dick and has a tremendous amount of respect for him. A source told the Buffalo News that the team may hit the Bears organization again to fill the job. They have received permission to speak with Lloyd Lee who has been Chicago's defensive quality control coach the past two years.

Bills Lose LB Coach

Jesus, man...read the freaking article before hitting yourself in the face with that violent kneejerk.  :blink:

594158[/snapback]

Don't you think it's a bit odd that he would accept the Bills' job, knowing that his preference is to go to Houston and they had an opening as well? How often do things like this happen in NFL?

So far, in a span of 1 month, Bills have had two surprise coaching resignations and a DC candidate chose not to take a job, even though he'd get a $100K raise.

I wouldn't want ANY employee who would jump ship like that after making a commitment to provide his services.  Once you say "yes", you are on the hook as far as I am concerned.

594167[/snapback]

That's a tough one. I tried to imagine if it were me. I honestly don't know what I would have done, if the story was correct. I grew up in Buffalo. If I was working in a brand new job in a brand new city, or was an NFL coach, and the day I was hired I got offered the same job for the same pay at a company in Buffalo, especially if it were the Bills, my lifelong dream. And my parents were sick. It would be a tough choice. It all depends on what Holland really felt, and how he really broached it with Jauron.

Another weird/embarassing item.

594173[/snapback]

To who? You? Are you embarrassed by your team?

You could be a Fish fan, I guess. But oh, wait, you'd be embarrassed by the Marino debacle.

You could be a Jets fan, I guess. But oh, wait, you'd be embarrassed by the Tuna/Bellicheck debacle.

We let a linebackers coach bring his families together, and we're embarrassed.

I'd also like to know, as was noted in the thread-starter's original post, exactly who else came and went and came and went and came and went so quickly? Did we hire other people who left a few days later? How come I can't remember any of them?

Man oh man. And all this time I thought Mark VI was the only drama queen. :blink:

We let a linebackers coach bring his families together, and we're embarrassed.

594176[/snapback]

You could be right, the potential LB coach has impeccable credentials to coach LBs, or at least make the Bills coaching staff the smartest in the world.

On TBD as well but link to actual article.

594141[/snapback]

For those too lazy to navigate back... Link-a-dink-e-doo

Now how about this taken from there:

"Jauron and new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell will begin interviews to replace Holland.

'Perry has some ideas of people he likes and feels comfortable with, and we're going to look in that direction,' Jauron said. 'I think it will be a win-win for everybody. It's a unique situation, and we feel good about making it work out. It doesn't happen very often in this business that a coach gets to go home and his family gets to go home, too.' "

Jauron said he still has some interviews set up in his search for assistants to coach quarterbacks and tight ends and to fill the offensive quality control position."

"Win-win?" Yeah, sure you can be happy for the guy, but are you're happy that you made your guy happy or that you realize he wasn't any great shakes and you're now freed up to find another warm body to fill the position?

What happened to this guy? Mike Miller Incumbent Tight Ends Coach We need twice coaches at TE too? I thought McNally was the only one that needed a personal assistant.

Before everyone rips the guy here's the real reason's he did it and I can't blame him. People on this site can be pretty cold sometimes.

Holland was contacted by the Texans to interview for their staff on the same day he accepted the position with the Bills. It was a move based on personal reasons, said Holland.

"It's an opportunity for me to go back home and be close to my family," Holland said by phone from Houston. "I grew up in the Houston area. My wife grew up in Texas. My parents are getting older. My wife's mom is getting older, and it's a rare chance for us to go home.

"My mom is not in the greatest health, and my dad has had two heart bypass surgeries. I have seven other brothers and sisters in the Houston area, and our kids can get the chance to know their cousins."

If you read the article the Texans first contacted him the same day he accepted the position with the Bills. He had many family reasons for wanting to beg off the Bills staff. But said Jauron is a quality person and HC and would miss the opportunity to work with huim.

Nothing sinister here, you can go back to sleep now !

You could be right, the potential LB coach has impeccable credentials to coach LBs, or at least make the Bills coaching staff the smartest in the world.

594185[/snapback]

Great. It's the Ivy League Mob. "Lee, who was born August 10, 1976, in Minneapolis, Minn., is married to Katy." Hmmmm... Katy Lee.

If you read the article the Texans first contacted him the same day he accepted the position with the Bills. He had many family reasons for wanting to beg off the Bills staff. But said Jauron is a quality person and HC and would miss the opportunity to work with huim.

Nothing sinister here, you can go back to sleep now !

594200[/snapback]

No, nothing sinister, but I find the quote from Jauron a bit odd - that it's a win-win situation. That's all. Well, that and now our linebackers will likely be looking at: This happy face of a QC Assistant instead of: Johnny Holland's face.

I'll admit that I was underwhelmed by Holland's credentials His Bio Here, but Lee's isn't going to bowl many people over either.

No, nothing sinister, but I find the quote from Jauron a bit odd - that it's a win-win situation.

594213[/snapback]

Maybe I'm just the odd duck out, but as a boss/manager, anytime I have been able to facilitate an employee's effort as it related to their family...even if it meant I losing a good employee to a transfer...I took a bit of pride in that. Good bosses and good managers treat employees like people. That means they respect and, in fact, encourage the simple fact that family comes first.

Maybe I'm just the odd duck out, but as a boss/manager, anytime I have been able to facilitate an employee's effort as it related to their family...even if it meant I losing a good employee to a transfer...I took a bit of pride in that. Good bosses and good managers treat employees like people. That means they respect and, in fact, encourage the simple fact that family comes first.

594288[/snapback]

Exactly. LA, I think we need to realize that there are a lot of 15-year-olds and McDonald's frycooks posting on this board.