Seattle will win Super Bowl XL!

Like A Mofo

I am not sure who will win, but I would bet all the money i have that it will come down to which teams scores the most points.

:P

593684[/snapback]

I'm thinking it will be the team that allows the fewest points to score.

EDIT...changed "least" to "fewest". I'm becoming as stupid as ESPN

Edited by The Dean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KRC if that happens, Id go NUTS...I have 8 (SEA) and 4 (PIT) in my box pool!  :P  ;)

593554[/snapback]

Heh, I have those numbers as well. Unfortunately they're pretty bad numbers as 28-24 and 28-14 are the only realistic scores I can hope to win with, and both of those scores only have a shot in a single quarter, the 4th.

My prediction

Seattle 27

Pittsburgh 21

Now I know so many Bills fans here SO love the Steelers and Steelers fans can really care less about the Bills....but Ill just put this out there...Seattle will win Super Bowl 40!!

Seattle will control the ball

Seattle defense will be motivated due to the lack of respect.

Thats all I have  :P  ;)  :(

Seattle 31, Pittsburgh 23

Your predictions???

593544[/snapback]

Pittsburgh 24 Seattle 17

To reach the Super Bowl, the Steelers had to beat the #1, #,2 & #3 teams in the strong AFC. Who have the Seahawks beaten? Washington? Get real. A beat-up Carolina team? That's more of an accomplishment, but not at the same level as what the Steelers have done. Based on who's proven what, my prediction is a Steel City win.

I think the Steelers are playing in rarified air right now, and more importantly, their QB presents a new wrinkle. Up until their first playoff game, everyone says "Pittsburgh will run, play good defense, give Big Ben easy passes, etc.," but what did they do? Come out passing. Then people say, "Oh, look, a surprise."

There's no surprise. Big Ben has enough experience under his belt to read defenses and make big time throws in big time games.

Remember when Rocky was fighting Clubber Lang in their rematch, and to throw off Clubber, they train Rocky to fight right-handed? Then, just when Clubber is figuring out how to adapt, Mickey tells Rocky to switch back to southpaw, at which point he beats Clubber Lang to a pulp.

This whole Steelers ball management/qb management/don't-make-Ben-win-but-don't-let-him-lose thing is Rocky fighting right handed. Just before the Indy game, Cowher basically said "Okay, let's go back to southpaw," and no one...no one...has been able to stop them. Plus, they're now more aggressive while holding the lead.

It stays close in the first quarter, but Pittsburgh blows it open in the second half.

No idea what the score will be, but Pitt will  cover the 4 and a score in the final minutes of the game takes you to the over.

Cut me, Mick.

593654[/snapback]

The only problem with your analogy is that Rocky never switched back.....he said "no, no tricks....I ain't switchin!"

To reach the Super Bowl, the Steelers had to beat the #1, #,2 & #3 teams in the strong AFC. Who have the Seahawks beaten? Washington? Get real. A beat-up Carolina team? That's more of an accomplishment, but not at the same level as what the Steelers have done. Based on who's proven what, my prediction is a Steel City win.

594247[/snapback]

The last three games the Steelers played they really put the game into the hands of their QB - which is very uncharacteristic of Cowher & Co. I wonder if Cowher will revert to his old Chuck Knox/Marty Schottenheimer self and take the air out of Ben's football tomorrow. If he does and they don't put the game on Ben, the Steelers could be in for a long day. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing them (P'burg) get smacked around some because you know the terrible fans will be talking smack about the thumb for years. It'll be insufferable.

The last three games the Steelers played they really put the game into the hands of their QB - which is very uncharacteristic of Cowher & Co. I wonder if Cowher will revert to his old Chuck Knox/Marty Schottenheimer self and take the air out of Ben's football tomorrow. If he does and they don't put the game on Ben, the Steelers could be in for a long day. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing them (P'burg) get smacked around some because you know the terrible fans will be talking smack about the thumb for years. It'll be insufferable.

594421[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't think either team will have much success running the ball until at least halfway through the third quarter. But if the Steelers can give Big Ben quality pass protection--which I think they'll be able to--Seattle will be in for a long day.

Quick question: Wasn't this a poll? In the process of getting merged (possibly) and pinned did it lose it's poll? How did that happen? i had guess on what the final poll would be and now I'm lost. I guess I can go through the thread and calculate the answers...but, I'll lose the voters who didn't post.