Which is the lesser of two evils?

SDS

Well for me my hatred of the Steelers is deep rooted and I dont buy the root for your division/conference crap.

I don't root for the Yankees when the Jays are eliminated.

I don't root for the Sabres when the Leafs are eliminated 0:) Well OK, actually I do but thats totally different!

I dont understand the logic in rooting for your enemy?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it better to wish Cowher blow another big game (and thus cement his place in the Hall of Fame), so that Steeler fans across the nation can experience that agony once again.

Or is ot better to wish for Seattle to lose, less another miserable franchise (see Baltimore, Tampa Bay, St. Louis) wins a Super Bowl before Buffalo...  0:)

590765[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...21entry588921

I'll definitely take choice A. I stopped caring about the agony involving choice B after the Tampa Super Bowl.

I was on the fence with who to cheer for, then I heard an interview with ole Thurman who said AFC all the way. I can't really disagree with that.

590990[/snapback]

I almost always root for the AFC, but I just can't do it this year. I like the way Seattle plays and I can't stand Pittsburgh. There's no way in hell I want to see the Steelers win a 5th SB title.

I will say, if the Steelers do win, I would be extremely happy for Bettis, he has been a class guy throughout his whole career, just wish there was a way Bettis could win and Cowher could lose...

590804[/snapback]

I agree. If only Cowher coached for the Hags I'd root for PGH in a heartbeat. Mr. Jaw reminds me of a bully cop. OTOH I can't stand Seattle due to their repeated stompings of us (ALWAYS in the Kingdome) after Chuck Knox went there, combined with their taking out of Robb Riddicks knee way back when. Guess I'll just get drunk and vomit on the TV.

I am supporting Pittsburgh cos they repeatedly make playoffs and seem to have character players who play their hearts out always.

My liking of the Steelers has nothing to do with them being an AFC team or if their fans are (Supposedly) obnoxious. Who cares ? I like the product they put on the field and their lack of controversy off the field.

590780[/snapback]

My feelings exactly.

It's not any AFC loyalty. I hate the Pats, and am VERY HAPPY they are not in it.

I like the Steelers, have no animosity towards them.

Seattle has a great team that has been well built, and they have an owner who has been patient with his GM and coaches, allowing them 7+ years to build this team up to the claiber it is.

Seattle deserves the win IMO, and we deserve Steve Hutchison as our major FA signing

Seattle has a great team that has been well built, and they have an owner who has been patient with his GM and coaches, allowing them 7+ years to build this team up to the claiber it is.

Seattle deserves the win IMO, and we deserve Steve Hutchison as our major FA signing

591895[/snapback]

Yeah they deserve the win. Hell, they shouldn't even have to play the game on Sunday...... :D

Well for me my hatred of the Steelers is deep rooted and I dont buy the root for your division/conference crap.

I don't root for the Yankees when the Jays are eliminated.

I don't root for the Sabres when the Leafs are eliminated  :D  Well OK, actually I do but thats totally different!

I dont understand the logic in rooting for your enemy?

590993[/snapback]

For a Leafs fan I must say this is one good post!!! :)

seachickens for sure.

i hate pitts and their ghey fans, and i hate fake ass cowher and his fake rants.

that douche has never once stood up to a player, he lets them do whatever they want, but pokes his assy chin all over the camera to make himself look tough

f the stillers, f cowher, go hawks

As the years go by there always seems to be a new reason for me to dislike this team or that team. There aren't many left. It comes down to what they did to the Bills or how much success have they had. Or I don't like a particular player, coach, owner, announcer, fan, etc., etc., etc. When the playoffs started Carolina was the least of all evils. Now, it is Seattle. Pittsburgh has won enough Super Bowls, Stanley Cups and World Series championships. No more. I don't want them to be happy. Seattle won one NBA championship. I don't like the Washington Huskies. But I can stomach Seattle winning. At least it isn't New England again.

Pittsburgh gets no props from me. Pittsburgh, no happiness for you.

Go Sabres!

Tough call, because I happen to respect Cowher a lot, but I guess that I would hope to see him lose.

Besides, having an owner such as Paul Allen is likely to end all "misery" for the Seahawks Fans anyway.  :D

590770[/snapback]

Doesn't sound like you respect him very much if you are hoping he loses!

I just DO not understand this LOVEFEST for the Pittsburgh Steelers...cmon wake up Bills fans please!!!!

Who cares of the AFC wins?  Does that mean Willis McGahee can strut around and brag "Were part of the AFC, were 5-11 but who cares, its partly our win too"  Please...has ZERO relevance...plus Seattle WAS an AFC team at once time...does this conference stuff really matter that much??? 

But I guess since sports radio and the media have brainwashed us into believing it does, I guess it does.

I hate the Steelers.  Always have.  The fans on the bars here in NJ are OBNIXIOUS period.  ALWAYS getting on me about the Bills..

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

590771[/snapback]

You sold me!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Is it better to wish Cowher blow another big game (and thus cement his place in the Hall of Fame), so that Steeler fans across the nation can experience that agony once again.

590765[/snapback]

The thought of that warms my heart and puts a smile on my face.... Go Seahags! :huh:

My buddy is a huge Steelers fan. At a party for the Championship games, once the Steelers won, he announced that he would be hosting the SB party this year. By the next morning he had retracted because he wanted to go to the game with his dad. I helped him search for packages and I almost had him sold on a $15k/man package that included RT 1st class air-fare, double room at the Dearborn Ritz, lower bowl 50-yard line tix, tix to the NFL tailgate, and (get this) tix to the Playboy party.

He decided to buy a 72" DLP and host the party instead. Cheap skate.

I don't have a strong rooting interest, but I'm sure I'll lay some $$ on the game on Sunday. Either way, I'm taking Monday off.

While I was writing this, he sent me flight information for Vegas for the NCAA Sweet 16 weekend. This guy is 7 years younger. I swear he's trying to kill me.

I agree. If only Cowher coached for the Hags I'd root for PGH in a heartbeat. Mr. Jaw reminds me of a bully cop. OTOH I can't stand Seattle due to their repeated stompings of us (ALWAYS in the Kingdome) after Chuck Knox went there, combined with their taking out of Robb Riddicks knee way back when. Guess I'll just get drunk and vomit on the TV.

591864[/snapback]

We have beaten the Hawks solidly the last two times we have been up there.

My feelings exactly.

It's not any AFC loyalty.  I hate the Pats, and am VERY HAPPY they are not in it.

I like the Steelers, have no animosity towards them.

591894[/snapback]

The only reason I would hate the Steelers is they are partly responsible for

the mess we are in today......

1) They dumped their "no-needs" on us in TD/MM/TC....

2) They took away what could have been ours (LeBeau and Big Ben).

3) They exposed our "Dominating" Defense in the last game of last year that

became the blueprint for every other team to beat us.

4) They killed our chances to the playoffs last year....May be if we had made

the playoffs, we might not be in this mess this year.....

But I live in Steeler town and all is forgotten....