Which is the lesser of two evils?

SDS

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theme of this post is "misery loves company"...

Is it better to wish Cowher blow another big game (and thus cement his place in the Hall of Fame), so that Steeler fans across the nation can experience that agony once again.

Or is ot better to wish for Seattle to lose, less another miserable franchise (see Baltimore, Tampa Bay, St. Louis) wins a Super Bowl before Buffalo...  :lol:

590765[/snapback]

If Cowher and the Steelers don't lose on Sunday - the day will have been for naught.

Considering where I live (and how many Steelers fans I work with), I figure a Pittsburgh win on Sunday - combined with the Bills' current level of mediocrity - will make said co-workers unbearable for oh, about the next ten years or so...

Go Seahawks.

590791[/snapback]

I hear ya.

I thought Cowher was going to run out onto the field.

590825[/snapback]

This actually almost happened once earlier in his career.

A few years after he was hired the Stillers were still in the same division as Jacksonville and Coughlin and the scrappy Jags had been giving them trouble every time they saw them. One game they were getting beat but closing the gap late until a Jax kickreturner busted one really late to put the nail in the coffin. While he was buzzing down the sidelines with nobody close to him, you could see former Cleveland ST'er Cowher sidling his way toward the field and actually clenching his fist and then cocking his forearm like he was going to drop the chicken wing on the guy. He stopped about one step short of the playing field just grinding his teeth, shaking his head and seething with rage as the guy went right by him but managed to restrain himself from crossing that last line.

It was an hysterical moment and I'm disappointed that I've never seen it replayed since.

As for the original post, I'm not sure what to do. Seatle's so vanilla it's hard to care about them and I've really developed a fondness for guys like Bettis, Ward, Hartings, Polamalu and NewHampsha' Kreider. This is probably the last shot for all of them except Polamalu so even if I have to listen to the local idiots for the next year as the price to see those guys get a ring, I guess I'll just deal with it.

And if Cowher pulls a Ditka and calls a Randle El reverse or a Roethlisberger draw or Charlie Batch on the sprint/option from the 1, I hope Faneca mashes him in the grill.

This actually almost happened once earlier in his career.

A few years after he was hired the Stillers were still in the same division as Jacksonville and Coughlin and the scrappy Jags had been giving them trouble every time they saw them. One game they were getting beat but closing the gap late until a Jax kickreturner busted one really late to put the nail in the coffin. While he was buzzing down the sidelines with nobody close to him, you could see former Cleveland ST'er Cowher sidling his way toward the field and actually clenching his fist and then cocking his forearm like he was going to drop the chicken wing on the guy. He stopped about one step short of the playing field just grinding his teeth, shaking his head and seething with rage as the guy went right by him but managed to restrain himself from crossing that last line.

It was an hysterical moment and I'm disappointed that I've never seen it replayed since.

593173[/snapback]

Woody Hayes