Vince Young MAY be there at Buffalo's selection

The closer we get to the draft, the stronger the feeling gets. The feeling that Vince Young will fall.

Now i'm not talking like Aaron Rodgers fall or even Ben Roethlisberger fall. But i'm starting to feel he'll be available when we pick. After last night's Senior Bowl and the weeks practices, here's how i'm seeing it shaping up:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Jay Cutler

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - Mario Williams

6.) Oakland - A.J. Hawk

7.) San Francisco - DeAngelo Williams

From what I understand, Norm Chow is REALLY high on Cutler. Especially after working with him all week. He coached Leinart and college and "reportedly" thinks Cutler would have been better with Leinart's targets. On top of all of this, Cutler provides a more stable selection at the QB position. We all know what Young is capable of. But I think the closer we get to the draft, the more people are going to realize that teams are afraid of picking Young.

I think all of these people who are saying he's a top-3 pick are just clueless media members who are in love with him and his hype.

If he isn't picked by either New Orleans or Tennessee, he's going to fall. There's absolutely no way the Jets will take him. Especially not after the way the Brick looked this week. He's exactly what they want or need. It's either going to be the Brick or DeAngelo who helped his cause TREMENDOUSLY this week.

From there the only team who would take him is Oakland. Green Bay isn't going to spend their pick on a QB when they picked one just last year. And San Fran spent the #1 pick overall on a QB last year as well. And the rumors are flying that Daunte is going to reunite with Randy in Oakland.

All in all, after last night this is how I see things coming together. I'm not saying we take Vince. I'm just saying that i'm starting to think he'll be there. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick if he was there. Although, i'd rather have Ngata.

If Tennessee takes a QB I have to think it will be Young.  McNair and Young are very close personally, McNair wants to play another year or two, and so it's the perfect situation for both players and the team.

587259[/snapback]

Not if the coach thinks another player is better.

As for the original post -- if the Bills select ANY quarterback in the first, second, or third rounds of this year's draft, Marv and Modrak ought to be drawn and quartered.

If we draft a QB #1, we deserve to finish dead last for the next 5 years.  We don't need a QB...we need linemen!!!  Stop being distracted by the bright lights and shiny stones.

PTR

587229[/snapback]

:blink: This is definitely a case of the magpie syndrome. :D Gimme dat bling bling!

The closer we get to the draft, the stronger the feeling gets. The feeling that Vince Young will fall.

Now i'm not talking like Aaron Rodgers fall or even Ben Roethlisberger fall. But i'm starting to feel he'll be available when we pick. After last night's Senior Bowl and the weeks practices, here's how i'm seeing it shaping up:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Jay Cutler

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - Mario Williams

6.) Oakland - A.J. Hawk

7.) San Francisco - DeAngelo Williams

From what I understand, Norm Chow is REALLY high on Cutler. Especially after working with him all week. He coached Leinart and college and "reportedly" thinks Cutler would have been better with Leinart's targets. On top of all of this, Cutler provides a more stable selection at the QB position. We all know what Young is capable of. But I think the closer we get to the draft, the more people are going to realize that teams are afraid of picking Young.

I think all of these people who are saying he's a top-3 pick are just clueless media members who are in love with him and his hype.

If he isn't picked by either New Orleans or Tennessee, he's going to fall. There's absolutely no way the Jets will take him. Especially not after the way the Brick looked this week. He's exactly what they want or need. It's either going to be the Brick or DeAngelo who helped his cause TREMENDOUSLY this week.

From there the only team who would take him is Oakland. Green Bay isn't going to spend their pick on a QB when they picked one just last year. And San Fran spent the #1 pick overall on a QB last year as well. And the rumors are flying that Daunte is going to reunite with Randy in Oakland.

All in all, after last night this is how I see things coming together. I'm not saying we take Vince. I'm just saying that i'm starting to think he'll be there. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick if he was there. Although, i'd rather have Ngata.

587226[/snapback]

Id be more inclined to think they take vince young in this situatuion than ferguson. How many more shoulder surgeries can the jets expect from their present QB. Vince young may negate the need for a Top Left tackle with his mobility.

Well I'm going to go on record as saying however unlikely a scenario and however much QB isn't the Bills' biggest need position if Vince Young is there waiting to be drafted you friggin draft him. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, this won't even be an issue as he won't last until 8.

Ahem.... fellas, It's January.  A little early to be having these dreams, isn't it?

587347[/snapback]

Did you guys not see where I said i'd rather have Ngata?!

The post is simply stating that I think Vince may be there when we pick. Not once did I say we should take him. As a matter of fact, I said quite the opposite. If anything is implied it's that I could see Marv making the move.

It's gotten to the point where all anyone has to do is say "Vince Young" and people will jump to assumptions that the post is about drafting him.

If we draft a QB #1, we deserve to finish dead last for the next 5 years.  We don't need a QB...we need linemen!!!  Stop being distracted by the bright lights and shiny stones.

PTR

587229[/snapback]

I will go one step further than that, Promo. Anyone who drafts Vince Young expecting him to be their starting QB in 2006 will finish last for the next 5 years.... :blink:

PTR

587229[/snapback]

But they are bright and shiny!

Is my hot pocket done yet?

If by some chance Young does fall to 8 (poor combine/pro day showing) Buffalo has some serious potential to grab some decent picks in a trade. Even if they arent all in this draft, if a team wants Young bad enough you might possibly find a trade similar to what the bills dealt to the cowboys for JP. Just something to think about...

However, the problem with this is if Young falls past 4 and the Jets, there are still 3 other teams that might take him or make the trade before we get to.

All I can say it, whoever we take in the 1 round, it better be someone with a serious shot at starting next year.

Ahem.... fellas, It's January.  A little early to be having these dreams, isn't it?

587347[/snapback]

If you don't have dreams, all you have is nightmares....

That said, I still think there is a good chance Vince winds up in Houston.

It would just be too much of a freak thing for that franchise to pass on. It may not make the most football sense for the Texans, but it is a PR move that a team would rarely have a chance to make, like winning a lottery ticket.

Young is so popular in these parts, and the Texans are figthing the Cowboys for the heart of a very large state (of mostly front-runners). The only thing more popular in Texas sports right now than the Cowboys, is Vince Young and the Longhorns. Bob McNair is a very smart businessman. I just can't see them passing on a hometown folk-hero Young, even if it doesn't make the most football sense. We all know that Texas won the national championship, but I am not sure, unless you live in Texas, you can get a grasp of what a big deal this has been for the state.

I will be surprised if Young falls out of the top 5.