Vince Young MAY be there at Buffalo's selection

The closer we get to the draft, the stronger the feeling gets. The feeling that Vince Young will fall.

Now i'm not talking like Aaron Rodgers fall or even Ben Roethlisberger fall. But i'm starting to feel he'll be available when we pick. After last night's Senior Bowl and the weeks practices, here's how i'm seeing it shaping up:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Jay Cutler

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - Mario Williams

6.) Oakland - A.J. Hawk

7.) San Francisco - DeAngelo Williams

From what I understand, Norm Chow is REALLY high on Cutler. Especially after working with him all week. He coached Leinart and college and "reportedly" thinks Cutler would have been better with Leinart's targets. On top of all of this, Cutler provides a more stable selection at the QB position. We all know what Young is capable of. But I think the closer we get to the draft, the more people are going to realize that teams are afraid of picking Young.

I think all of these people who are saying he's a top-3 pick are just clueless media members who are in love with him and his hype.

If he isn't picked by either New Orleans or Tennessee, he's going to fall. There's absolutely no way the Jets will take him. Especially not after the way the Brick looked this week. He's exactly what they want or need. It's either going to be the Brick or DeAngelo who helped his cause TREMENDOUSLY this week.

From there the only team who would take him is Oakland. Green Bay isn't going to spend their pick on a QB when they picked one just last year. And San Fran spent the #1 pick overall on a QB last year as well. And the rumors are flying that Daunte is going to reunite with Randy in Oakland.

All in all, after last night this is how I see things coming together. I'm not saying we take Vince. I'm just saying that i'm starting to think he'll be there. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick if he was there. Although, i'd rather have Ngata.

587226[/snapback]

Lead paint is not a suitable substitute for ranch dressing.

Not if the coach thinks another player is better.

As for the original post -- if the Bills select ANY quarterback in the first, second, or third rounds of this year's draft, Marv and Modrak ought to be drawn and quartered.

587269[/snapback]

Why? Because you know from JP's performance this season that he is the answer? To me the jury is still out, and looking shaky at that. If Marv and Modrak decide they need to do better, and think there is somebody better available, on what basis do you claim they are wrong?

Methinks the only shiny bauble distracting people around here is the fact that JP is a first rounder. If we had drafted him in the third, and gotten the exact same production out of him, the masses would be burning him in effegy and drooling at the prospect of drafting Young.

Why?  Because you know from JP's performance this season that he is the answer?  To me the jury is still out,  and looking shaky at that.  If Marv and Modrak decide they need to do better,  and think there is somebody better available,  on what basis do you claim they are wrong?

Methinks the only shiny bauble distracting people around here is the fact that JP is a first rounder.  If we had drafted him in the third,  and gotten the exact same production out of him,  the masses would be burning him in effegy and drooling at the prospect of drafting Young.

587672[/snapback]

Youthinks wrong...at least where I'm concerned. The QB position can not be adequately evaluated until the OL is fixed. That should be the Bills' priority. Holcomb, at worst, is a plausible starter. If JP continues to develop (and is given half a chance) he may prove to be better than that.

If you believe you have seen enough to evaluate JP as a QB, then "methinks" you haven't paid much attention to how QBs generally develop in this league.

If Tennessee takes a QB I have to think it will be Young.  McNair and Young are very close personally, McNair wants to play another year or two, and so it's the perfect situation for both players and the team.

587259[/snapback]

tennessee will trade down and take

Cutler

The closer we get to the draft, the stronger the feeling gets. The feeling that Vince Young will fall.

Now i'm not talking like Aaron Rodgers fall or even Ben Roethlisberger fall. But i'm starting to feel he'll be available when we pick. After last night's Senior Bowl and the weeks practices, here's how i'm seeing it shaping up:

6.) Oakland - A.J. Hawk

From what I understand, Norm Chow is REALLY high on Cutler. Especially after working with him all week. He coached Leinart and college and "reportedly" thinks Cutler would have been better with Leinart's targets. On top of all of this, Cutler provides a more stable selection at the QB position. We all know what Young is capable of. But I think the closer we get to the draft, the more people are going to realize that teams are afraid of picking Young.

I think all of these people who are saying he's a top-3 pick are just clueless media members who are in love with him and his hype.

If he isn't picked by either New Orleans or Tennessee, he's going to fall. There's absolutely no way the Jets will take him. Especially not after the way the Brick looked this week. He's exactly what they want or need. It's either going to be the Brick or DeAngelo who helped his cause TREMENDOUSLY this week.

From there the only team who would take him is Oakland. Green Bay isn't going to spend their pick on a QB when they picked one just last year. And San Fran spent the #1 pick overall on a QB last year as well. And the rumors are flying that Daunte is going to reunite with Randy in Oakland.

All in all, after last night this is how I see things coming together. I'm not saying we take Vince. I'm just saying that i'm starting to think he'll be there. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick if he was there. Although, i'd rather have Ngata.

587226[/snapback]

The way I view it, is if he there when it's our turn to pick, he'll still be there after we have made our pick.

Team's do not win with a scramble first QB!! And VY played in a spread offense which does not work well in the NFL. He was always just a superior athlete to anybody else on the field, and that covered up a lot of his pure QB play. Teams would have to dedicate a few players on defense to try and stop this guy which would free up the WRs and TE. Dennis Eckersley throws more over the top than VY, which leads to Losman like accuracy a lot of the times. And yes he's got a cannon but couldn't hit water if he was throwing from the beach when a team puts ANY pressure on him...see Oklahoma St. (bad team, had a good pass rush in the first half, where VY could not beat them by throwing so had to run for 200 yards) and every other year against OU or any decent team.

I will give him his props on the Rose Bowl because that was an amazing performance, but he's not an NFL QB...i think he'd be a better NFL WR if he has the hands. USC's defense was horrid this year and again were victimized by Young because they didn't have an athlete that was his caliber.

The team that drafts him is gonna have a guy that puts asses in the seats because he's exciting but he's going to put up pedestrian passing numbers a (ala Vick) and lead his team to a 9-7 record and an ass kicking in the playoffs. If running QBs couldn't be contained because they were too fast then why wouldn't we see option plays?? the answer is because defenses in the NFL have athletes that are equal to guys like Young and they can't beat teams with their legs on a regular basis (a couple of individual games maybe). If the Bills draft Young he'd get a huge contract and we'd have to watch someone who's fun but not someone who can bring W's. And also didn't anyone watch the O-line this year??? I think that's where the upgrades need to be made, and then judge JP.

If the Bills don't trade down and acquire multiple picks I will be left scratching my head. This team has more holes than a mesh jersey.

QB. The position has potential but is a HUGE (?)

RB. I will go out on a limb and say something that most aren't willing to say. I don't know if Willis sucks....has no heart,...or if it was really the entire fault of the OL....but 2005 rushing offense was not pretty.

WR. If Eric Moulds goes, they will be ok, but they will be losing some hard to replace veteran leadership.

TE. One of the BIGGEST holes. And no one knows if Kevin Everett will come back and even make the roster.

Tackle. Gandy played "ok" but he didn't dominate anyone....and he might be better suited at G. I don't know. Peters position changes every other week. Mike Williams is a definate bust at T....and no one knows for sure if he will work out at Guard. He won't be working out anywhere if he isn't willing to take a pay cut.

Center. Laughable. Teague isn't qualified to be a backup at any OL position.

The fact that Duke Preston didn't get any time at Center late in the season concerns me.

Guard. Anderson sucks, and Villarial is simply "serviceable".

Defensive Tackle. Adams is getting old and rather grumpy apparently. I don't buy that he is as good as his supporters say he is or as bad as his detracters say. Anderson and Edwards are rotating players that have proven they cannot dominate.

Defensive End. Schobel is a good DE. He would be a Great #2 DE. The problem is he is the Bills #1 guy. The other two wannabes Denny and Kelsey are good backups. Certainly not starters.

LB. London is having his contract looked at with a fine tooth comb. He might very well be cut...Posey is gone, and Spikes needs to get healthy.

Saftey. Sheeee-it, I love Vincent and Milloy, but Vincent will be 35 and Milloy will be 33. Keep one or the other for 3rd downs but not both.

Cornerback. I love our CB's. I think Nate was a nightmare for the entire second half of last year and i don't know if that was coaching, or schemes or what. i do know he has the talent to play the position so i hope they keep him.

Kicker. I want someone that can kick the crap out of the ball. I want to see every kickoff into the endzone and I don't want to have to hold my breath for any field goal attempt deeper than 40 yards out.

6.) Oakland - A.J. Hawk

587226[/snapback]

You very well could be right. If there are teams with a need for a QB, a trade might be a possible option, maybe an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. I think we need all the picks we can get.