pro football weekly- MARV LOVES CUTLER

bird

we really don't know, but i bet he's talked with people who were here last year who will share their opinions about him.

586863[/snapback]

Hang on - do you really think ML is looking for other people's opinions be it ex-coaches or fans ? have to agree with KellyTFBD on this one, we are speculating wayyy too much based on nothing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on - do you really think ML is looking for other people's opinions be it ex-coaches or fans ? have to agree with KellyTFBD on this one, we are speculating wayyy too much based on nothing.

586940[/snapback]

I think he was talking about people within the organization that were here last year and are still here now.

I'm sure that any coaches including Grey and Mularkey have given him their insight. Modrack and April have probably had their input asked for also.

Frankly, I am not sure that Marv has even watched all the games closely yet to know either way whether he thinks JP sucks or not. And it would be highly unlikely IMO after he watches for him to come to that conclusion. He very likely has only had a cursory look at the game film with all the new things he has had to deal with since he was hired.

586852[/snapback]

marv did the pre-season games with Tasker

Draft leverage is all that talk is. Someone will trade with us and offer us a sweet deal to move up and select him. Even if it's three spots back and an extra third rounder.....it would help.

586869[/snapback]

I think you are dead on. By showing interest in cutler, that will either make a team want to trade into our spot, resulting in mroe picks for us, or will make a team wanting cutler jump ahead of us to select him, thereby pushing another prospect down to us.

So let's say the Bills draft Cutler.  What the hell are they going to do with Losman?  I'd say trading him for a draft pick, but I'm not sure what kind of draft pick they could squeeze out for him.

587019[/snapback]

Not much at this point. It probably would not be worth it. We may as well see what he can do in the minicamps, training camp, and preseason.

i'm not advocating this at all, so take what i say with the proverbial grain of salt.

if the bills organization deems that they do not have a good quarterback -- by this i mean that they they don't think they have a qb that is capable of one day becoming good -- then they are 100% obligated to rectify the situation. you simply cannot win in the nfl with a bad qb.

of course, it may be the case that they think losman is the guy. but if they think he isn't, they're going to be working from a lot more information than what we have. as well, recall that many, many teams were very down on losman prior to the 2004 draft. i'm not saying that they were correct -- certainly, no one knows -- but the point is that the jury is definitely still out on whether the guy is nfl material. in my opinion, he did some good things this year, but that home game against the pats late this year was one of the most poorly qb'ed games i've seen in a long while.

JUST THROWING OUT WHAT WAS SAID ON THE PRO FOOTBALL WEEKLY SHOW OUT OF CHICAGO! DONT BE SURPRISED BY ANYTHING MARV DOES ON DRAFT DAY!

586768[/snapback]

Maybe Marv is practicing the fine art of "smoke screening"....with the intention of trading down to gain extra picks....

sounds like a nice smoke screen to me -- i would 'leak' it out that the bills are very impressed with cutler. I would bring him in for a workout and do everything to make it look like the bills will take him.

That way, the trade offers start rolling in....

the more interest there is in cutler, the better off we are

I just heard Kiper say something about Cutler that makes him undraftable as a Buffalo QB if true. He has small hands. In bad weather conditions, that is the kiss  of death for a QB.

587050[/snapback]

I heard from a good source that Flutie's hands are pretty small too !!

:doh::doh::doh:

I think most peoople in this thread are reading too much into it. I didn't hear the interview or the comments but it sounds to me like Marv thinks he's a very good QB. That really doesn't mean that Marv is insisting on drafting him, does it?

ARE BILLS SERIOUS ABOUT J. CUTLER?

586751[/snapback]

bills already have a 1st round QB project on their hands -- the last thing they need is another one to further destablize the situation and set back their efforts to build capable O & D lines even further. ANY QB draft talk is crazy right now for this team.

Wasn't Losman another QB who people had mixed opinions of and who soared up some draft charts late? Reading about Cutler, it sounds all too familiar. "Overconfident in his arm. Gunslinger. Doesn't seem to understand the game at times. Poor and slow decision maker. Good athlete. Poor fundamentals. Can forget his footwork at the wrong times."

Do the Bills really need to try and develop yet another amateur QB who thinks he's the next Marino?

Not to mention he was shown up by Whitehurst in the Senior Bowl.

Marv is giving OPINION, just like the rest of us do in here every day.

Granted, OPINION can lead to other things i.e. Trades, after all, Green Bay "leaked it out" they would take Losman and look what happened, d?onahow traded up a ton to get him. AND Green Bay had more options and I think got the CB they wanted.

The other thing about Losman, I remember when Breez was taken HIGH in the second, and he was supposed to be the savior behind Leaf. Breez was crap for his first two seasons without a line. They drafted Rivers, but also brought in a great line coach an built the line. Look at Breez now, plus they still have Rivers eating a ton of salary cap space.

It is always the ways thing work out.

Draft leverage is all that talk is. Someone will trade with us and offer us a sweet deal to move up and select him. Even if it's three spots back and an extra third rounder.....it would help.

586869[/snapback]

Well i think most might be missing the point about marv being here for the next 4 years. Its about winning now and rookies Qbs dont win now. The have something already with losman and he will be carrying a clipboard for the next year or two. They will not draft a QB in the first three rounds this year especially with so many other areas of need. Many experts feel that holcomb can run the ship, maybe this is true maybes its not. However, marv is going to bring in another VETERAN Qb to compete for the starting Job and will likely suggest to jauron to alternate 2/3 qbs each week. so for half the season JP will be a 3rd stringer. Not to mention the fact that the Bills have holcomb and jp for so cheap why get rid of either of them.

I think most peoople in this thread are reading too much into it.  I didn't hear the interview or the comments but it sounds to me like Marv thinks he's a very good QB.  That really doesn't mean that Marv is insisting on drafting him, does it?

587184[/snapback]

True. It wouldn't help the Bills' or any organization's reputation among players if the coach went around saying something like "Naa...he's a bum". :blink:

Well i think most might be missing the point about marv being here for the next 4 years. Its about winning now and rookies Qbs dont win now. The have something already with losman and he will be carrying a clipboard for the next year or two. They will not draft a QB in the first three rounds this year especially with so many other areas of need. Many experts feel that holcomb can run the ship, maybe this is true maybes its not. However, marv is going to bring in another VETERAN Qb to compete for the starting Job and will likely suggest to jauron to alternate 2/3 qbs each week. so for half the season JP will be a 3rd stringer. Not to mention the fact that the Bills have holcomb and jp for so cheap why get rid of either of them.

587235[/snapback]

Poe-ti-claw, JP is not a rookie...and won't be a 3rd string option this year, trust me on this. My guess is he will be the unquestioned (by the staff) starter. There's a possibility of bringing in another vet to push him. So, there's a chance he may lose that competition...although i doubt. If that happens, JP will be #2.