Who's for Bledsoe?

Frez

I like the post that mentioned that since Drew has the Buffalo helmut on then I am rooting for him. 

42608[/snapback]

Thanks.

I learned about 15 years ago that it just doesn't matter who I think should be on the team or on the field, I have no control over it. So I root for the guys that the brass puts out there. For instance, I thought Flutie's style of play was more exciting, win or lose, so I preferred him over RJ. And while I scratched my head at the decision to start him (RJ) in the Titans playoff game, I cheered just as loudly for him to succeed as I ever did for DOug or Jimbo.

I may have my preferences and my favorites (for instance Brandon Spoon, seemed like he was always near the ball), but I will always root for "my" Bills players. And when I do disagree with a move or call, I'll voice it, but don't expect me to start ripping away for the sake of hearing my own voice/reading my own posts...

I've found that being a fan is more enjoyable that way. Few can match my passion for the team (who else has cheered their guts out at a Bills game? :blink: ), but passion does not always mean second-guessing and being overly critical. At the end of the day, whether the Bills win or lose on any given Sunday, we all go off to the same daily routine on Monday. In short, it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. There will always be next week, there will always be next year, and as long as the good Lord sees fit to keep me around, there will always be me there cheering for my boys.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am "for" who ever is playing for the Bills, I don't care if Drew or JP or Flutie, or Johnson, or some as yet unnammed QB playing ............ I'm rooting for his success ................ I'm a Bills fan ........... that's what we do.

As far as do I think Drew can give us the best chance to win???? Gee, I don't know but the coaching staff seems to think he's our best option right now so I'll defer to their decision.

Would I rather have some type of "robo-QB" who never gets sacked, never throws an interception, can run through the defense when all other options fail, always compleats his passes, always scores a TD every time he's in the red zone ... sure .... but to the best of my knowledge, he's currently not on our roster.

I'm also intellegent enough to know that just because our #2 and #3 QB hasn't made any boneheaded plays yet this year, doesn't mean that they're better QBs ..... it just means they haven't played a down yet.

I am "for" who ever is playing for the Bills, I don't care if Drew or JP or Flutie, or Johnson, or some as yet unnammed QB playing ............ I'm rooting for his success ................ I'm a Bills fan ........... that's what we do.

As far as do I think Drew can give us the best chance to win???? Gee, I don't know but the coaching staff seems to think he's our best option right now so I'll defer to their decision.

Would I rather have some type of "robo-QB" who never gets sacked, never throws an interception, can run through the defense when all other options fail, always compleats his passes, always scores a TD every time he's in the red zone ... sure .... but to the best of my knowledge, he's currently not on our roster.

I'm also intellegent enough to know that just because our #2 and #3 QB hasn't made any boneheaded plays yet this year, doesn't mean that they're better QBs ..... it just means they haven't played a down yet.

42754[/snapback]

stop making sense.

I support Drew 100% & I always will :blink:

There's been a variety of reasons why we're 0-2. I'm not giving up on my QB or The Bills. They'll turn this thing around and I'll be there with my giant DREW! sign in the stadium to show my support.....like it or not, he's our QB. He's fired up and not giving up. Now let's do the same! We can beat those Pats!!!

Go Drew & Go Bills!

stop making sense.

42755[/snapback]

Agree. Oustanding post Macaroni. It is just too unfortunate that some people feel they ARE smarter than our coaching staff and some people DO believe that doing nothing at all on the field at least means you haven't done anything wrong. Really bright ones, these people....

But they'll B word and whine and post thread after thread about this because they are completely convinced they must know more than everyone else.

Im for removing Bledsoe from the lineup RIGHT NOW...

Best chance to win?  THEY ARE 4-12 IN THEIR LAST 16 games!!!!!  Can i get ANY worse with Shane Matthews???

It cant, so why not.

42800[/snapback]

I'll ask this question again; How do you KNOW it can't get any worse? What has Shane Matthews shown you in the four weeks he's been with the Bills to make you think he will make our offense better? Was it all the rest he was getting because no other team wanted him?

Im for removing Bledsoe from the lineup RIGHT NOW...

Best chance to win?  THEY ARE 4-12 IN THEIR LAST 16 games!!!!!  Can i get ANY worse with Shane Matthews???

It cant, so why not.

42800[/snapback]

I believe Miami fans were asking the same question. Now they have a starting QB who has thrown as money touchdowns to the opposing team as to his own....

I haven't changed the sig under my avatar since battling with Spiked. I'm a bledsoe backer, think he gives us the best chance to win, and I firmly believe that he will get it turned around.

Both of the first two games were very close and one play could have decided it. I was at Jax & we kicked their asses all over the field, just couldn't deliver a knockout blow. That said, our team is young and learning how to win together. I am confident they will.

I've said all offseason, since the schedule came out, this team needs to be .500 on Dec 1 & we're going to the playoffs cause a 4-1 Dec (inclu Pitt game 1/2) is likely with that schedule.

Drew's gonna turn it around versus NE. We're gonna break their streak. This team NEEDS a big, confidence boosting win and I think we're gonna get it versus NE.

i always like him. but I don't think he is anything close to what he was when he was considered a top qb back in his NE days. for the moment, since the alternatives are slim, we have to keep him as the starter.

allot of people make the mistake of only going back to his "dismal season of a year ago" when in fact it started the second half of his first season with us.

I'd like to see JP get a few games in this year. IF we are winning and Drew's in playing well and we are sniffing the playoffs, then of coarse leave him in.

so, on the surface, I am through giving DB the benefit of the doubt, but he has some time to prove me wrong and he is our only option right now.

(i have been kind of neutral all this time, not placing all the blame on him, but not having all the faith in him at the same time.)

42404[/snapback]

bledsoe is exactly the same player now that he was in ne - he's no less mobile, and his arm is as strong as ever. that's the problem, because the league has changed. when joe gibbs was asked this summer what has changed the most in the game since he last coached, he said it was how quickly defenses were able to reach qbs now. in this age of DEs with 4.6 speed and LBs with 4.45 speed, players like bledsoe are the equivalent of dinosaurs.

:rolleyes:

42754[/snapback]

But isn't that Shane Matthews? Thats what most people around here think. :rolleyes:

I'll ask this question again; How do you KNOW it can't get any worse? What has Shane Matthews shown you in the four weeks he's been with the Bills to make you think he will make our offense better? Was it all the rest he was getting because no other team wanted him?

42814[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying, but right now is there a worse offense in the NFL then the Buffalo Bills? Arizona, Ill go along with that, who else??? Right now the offense has hit rock bottom, and if Bledsoe is indeed out short term QB, why not attempt another short term solution???

I bet Bledsoe will have a couple of very good games, and believe me I hope Bledsoe finds a way to get back on track, but I give him virtually zero chance to beat any team that is at least a decent defense on the road, its been proven over and over that he wont.

good post . drew 's the man , the line should be able to give him a 5 count to throw the ball.

42652[/snapback]

I hear allot of this "they gotta give him time to throw".

I feel they have. a 5 count is an eternity in today's NFL. Opposing defenses are not saying "OK, we'll blitz and beat his protection cus they can't stop us"

No! they are saying "let's send in everyone! he freezes, won't move just a little bit to throw any momentum a defender might have off. He'll be right where he always is. Let's meet at #11"

Gee, I seem to remember that there were Bledsoe bashers on this board when I joined it nearly two years ago...in the middle of a Pro Bowl season.

There were actually people on this board two years ago wanting AVP as the starting QB.  Now, AVP's a bright guy, and from what I hear a serviceable color commentator, but he wasn't a starter.  I think his efforts in the past proved that.

My point is that Drew could lead the team to the playoffs every year and there would still be those complaining that he isn't mobile enough (which may be true).  These are the same type of people enamored with the Michael Vicks and the Donovan McNabbs of the world...until you realize that all that running around these QBs do eventually opens them up to take vicious shots from linebackers.  Vick, McNabb, and Aaron Brooks have had some significant injuries in their careers.  How many super-mobile QBs have won Super Bowls?

I'm sticking with Drew until he gets hurt and Shane Matthews comes in and the Drew bashers have their wet dream come true. 

Until Matthews goes 4-20 with 2 INTs and people are begging for a not-ready-for-prime-time J.P. Losman (who I think will be a fine pro QB...IN TIME).

Some people are just never satisfied, or believe that the grass is greener on the other side.

Mike

42485[/snapback]

It's not like Drew's style is saving him from any hard hits. Didn't he have the league high sacks last year? How many did Vick or McNabb have? Being mobile does save some the Qb from getting sacked as much.

It's not like Drew's style is saving him from any hard hits. Didn't he have the league high sacks last year? How many did Vick or McNabb have? Being mobile does save some the Qb from getting sacked as much.

44101[/snapback]

Not fair comparing sacks stats between Drew and Vick. After all, Vick missed nearly half the season from being injured using that valued "mobility." And wasn't it the year before that McNabb broke his ankle using same said "mobility" to avoid a sack?

:devil: