(OT) - E-Bullying

What is up with this place?

More and more i've been noticing that members of this board are just ridiculously mean to other members.

Just because someone has an opinion you don't agree with or might be living in a "fantasy world" doesn't mean that you have to be a jerk to them. This board is far and away the worst Bills board i've seen when it comes to e-Bullying.

That's unfortunate as it's one of the bigger Bills sites and fans of other teams often stop by here to see what we're or this team is like. I understand as fans we are bitter when it comes to this team and the product. But there's absolutely no reason for some of the attitudes of this board.

I'm sure even this post will merit some jackass having to shoot off at the mouth at me.

I'm not trying to sound like a hippy or anything, I just think some people need to chill a little. You can agree to disagree without having to fight. This board is supposed to be fun and sometimes it's just degrading. Let's all make an effort to be a little more understanding.

I'm not trying to sound like a hippy or anything, I just think some people need to chill a little. You can agree to disagree without having to fight. This board is supposed to be fun and sometimes it's just degrading. Let's all make an effort to be a little more understanding.

581807[/snapback]

Piss off.

:D

koom bye yah my lord

koom bye yah

koom bye yah my lord

koom bye yah.

(sorry for the phoenetic spelling)

All we are saying, is give peace a chance.

I'd like to buy the world a coke and teach it harmony.....

There comes a time when we heed a certain call

When the world must come together as one

There are people dying

and its time to lend a hand to life

There greatest gift of all

We cant go on pretending day by day

That someone, somewhere will soon make a change

We are all a part of Gods great big family

And the truth, you know,

Love is all we need

Chorus:

We are the world, we are the children

We are the ones who make a brighter day

So lets start giving

Theres a choice we're making

We're saving out own lives

its true we'll make a better day

Just you and me

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares

And their lives will be stronger and free

As God has shown us by turning stones to brend

So we all must lend a helping hand

Chorus:

So lets start giving

Just you and me

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all

But if you just believe theres no way we can fall

Let us realize that a change can only come

When we stand together as one

Chorus:

So lets start giving

Just you and me

Now what the F*** is it that you were saying?

shoot man, we are bills fans!!! we are a frustrated lot! :D

More and more i've been noticing that members of this board are just ridiculously mean to other members.

Just because someone has an opinion you don't agree with or might be living in a "fantasy world" doesn't mean that you have to be a jerk to them. This board is far and away the worst Bills board i've seen when it comes to e-Bullying.

That's unfortunate as it's one of the bigger Bills sites and fans of other teams often stop by here to see what we're or this team is like. I understand as fans we are bitter when it comes to this team and the product. But there's absolutely no reason for some of the attitudes of this board.

I'm sure even this post will merit some jackass having to shoot off at the mouth at me.

581807[/snapback]

581807[/snapback]

We just ran most of our targets out of town in the past few weeks. It will take a while to find some new ones, but until then we'll attack our own to satisfy the bloodlust. In previous seasons we'd turn on BF in Indiana, but he's gone, too. Someone will pop up soon...I can feel it.

We just ran most of our targets out of town in the past few weeks.  It will take a while to find some new ones, but until then we'll attack our own to satisfy the bloodlust.  In previous seasons we'd turn on BF in Indiana, but he's gone, too.  Someone will pop up soon...I can feel it.

581835[/snapback]

The bloodlust has been quenched for the time being. Go look at PPP and the Kobe 81 thread with b-dawg12...

581807[/snapback]

In truth, most of us are not bullies. It's just the sheer overabundance of total schmucks these days that pisses us off.

"Oh my God, the Bills just hired Dick Jauron! Levy's an idiot! My opinions on the subject are so earth-shakingly important that I have to start seven threads about how upset I am that Levy hired Dick Jauron! Who the !@#$ is Dick Jauron, anyway?"

581807[/snapback]

I think the problem is that too many people take this seriously.

E-bullying. Cute.

Frankly, I think some of the online headsmacking is a bit warranted. Why? Because unless you notice it otherwise, it's almost always either aimed at the people regurgitating the same thing said by twelve people before them or they are introducing logic that is moronic at best.

Maybe it's based on some bizarre hypothetical such as "Now hear me out: If dark blue was really royal blue and deep red was really dark red and a charging buffalo was really a patriot in a three-point stance, how many rings do you think we'd have?" That type of idiocy deserves an online headsmack.

Bumping of one's own thread because Kobe hit 81 points deserves an online headsmack.

Moaning that you are being laughed at because you are a Bills fan is deserving of an online headsmack.

Repeating ad nauseum that we are going to suck hind tit once again simply based on the wee bit of information that our new head coach is Dick Jauron is deserving of an online headsmack.

Face it. This board has more traffic than any other Bills board. More traffic means more people. More people naturally means more idiots. More idiots means more idiotic notions. And idiotic notions deserve online headsmacking.

In fact, you deserve a little online headsmack for defending the people who deserve online headsmacking.

We're holier than thou. Deal with it.

E-bullying. Cute.

Frankly, I think some of the online headsmacking is a bit warranted. Why? Because unless you notice it otherwise, it's almost always either aimed at the people regurgitating the same thing said by twelve people before them or they are introducing logic that is moronic at best.

Maybe it's based on some bizarre hypothetical such as "Now hear me out: If dark blue was really royal blue and deep red was really dark red and a charging buffalo was really a patriot in a three-point stance, how many rings do you think we'd have?" That type of idiocy deserves an online headsmack.

Bumping of one's own thread because Kobe hit 81 points deserves an online headsmack.

Moaning that you are being laughed at because you are a Bills fan is deserving of an online headsmack.

Repeating ad nauseum that we are going to suck hind tit once again simply based on the wee bit of information that our new head coach is Dick Jauron is deserving of an online headsmack.

Face it. This board has more traffic than any other Bills board. More traffic means more people. More people naturally means more idiots. More idiots means more idiotic notions. And idiotic notions deserve online headsmacking.

In fact, you deserve a little online headsmack for defending the people who deserve online headsmacking.

581895[/snapback]

Such e-arrogance. You are such an e-bully. You've never e-said anything e-stupid in your e-life? :D

E-bullying. Cute.

581895[/snapback]

Ever heard of the ignore fuction?

The people that feel the need to be annoying on the internet are just sad. They probably get little attention from folks in the real world. They feel that long, verbose posts on an internet forum will show the world what a true comic and/or intellectual genius they really are.

In truth, most of us are not bullies.  It's just the sheer overabundance of total schmucks these days that pisses us off. 

"Oh my God, the Bills just hired Dick Jauron!  Levy's an idiot!  My opinions on the subject are so earth-shakingly important that I have to start seven threads about how upset I am that Levy hired Dick Jauron!  Who the !@#$ is Dick Jauron, anyway?"

581865[/snapback]

I think that's true, and while this may not be unique to Bills fans, there seems to be a few different mindsets.

-There are those of us that just enjoy being Bills fans. Sure we want them to win, and sure, we're passionate. We get PO'd when the refs blow a call. We're a little cranky after a Bills loss. But mostly, we just enjoy it for what it is, and what it's supposed to be, which is "fun."

-There are those of us that are cynics, and regardless of what they do, who they sign, or how they play, they're still the Buffalo Bills and they'll either implode or fall flat on their faces.

-Then there those of us who believe that we're fans, but we expect, no, demand, that the Bills field a winner. There's black and white in pro sports; winning and losing. Those of us that feel that way still support the team and root for the team when they're not winning, but we're not happy about it.

-Then there are those among us who are the more casual fans. We might not be able to name the offensive linemen from this year, much less three years ago. But we still want the Bills to win, and we really do care. Some might call us band-wagon fans, but the reality is that it's a helluva lot more fun to watch them win, and nobody would be happier than us casual fans if the Bills won it all, but it's not so important that we need structure our lives around press conferences and training camp.

Personally, I think every fan is a combination of two or more of those. Depending on the mood and the topic, all of these fans with different perspectives collide on the message board, sometimes there's a near-unanimous consensus, but more often there a lot of fireworks.

What's really interesting to me is to see how people who constantly butt heads while online get along at the annual TBD/TSW Tailgate Party. Everyone of us is a Bills fan, and regardless of who we wanted for coach or who we want to start at QB, or whatever elese the topic du jour may be, the passion we all have for a Bills win that day is bigger than what turn out to be mostly petty disagreements.

That's just my take.

-Then there those of us who believe that we're fans, but we expect, no, demand, that the Bills field a winner.  There's black and white in pro sports; winning and losing.  Those of us that feel that way still support the team and root for the team when they're not winning, but we're not happy about it.

581934[/snapback]

I always knew you cared, you e-bully.

:lol:

581807[/snapback]

Because people are taught to feel entitled to things that they aren't.....and the media is much worse now.

Fans were much better in the 80's than they are now

Because people are taught to feel entitled to things that they aren't.....and the media is much worse now.

Fans were much better in the 80's than they are now

581997[/snapback]

You and my grandfather have a lot in common

Ready Cue ......Wooly E-Bully

One, two, three, four

All right

Watch it, watch it

Say man:

Hattie told Mattie

About a thing she saw

Had two big horns

And a wooly jaw

Wooly E-Bully, Wooly E-Bully

Wooly E-Bully

Hattie told Mattie

Don't you take no chance

Don't you be L7

Come and learn to dance

Wooly E-Bully

The your grandfather must be a pretty wise man :lol:

582020[/snapback]

My grandfather was an old Indian fighter.

My Grandmother was an old Indian.

Thank You I vill be here all da veek.

581807[/snapback]

First it was posted on this board that we could no longer be funny......

Now we can longer be mean?

I'm confused - :lol: why are we here at all?