Stooges

The Three Stooges, whay do you think?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. The Three Stooges, whay do you think?

• Funny
    • Not

Due to a recent thread, I got to thinking that funny is in the eye of the beholder.  I know people that fall both ways on this one.  How about you.

574960[/snapback]

Please post a copy of your Comic Resolution Allowed Permit. Unless you have the proper documentation I'm afraid that I won't be able to answer your question.

I'm not sure.  KTFABD hasn't told me yet.

574991[/snapback]

And I'm not going to. :(

However, if he's talking about the Too Free Stooges, led by front man Dick Rude, then yes, they are funny. Mr. Rude was the first one I heard say, "I went to my doctor, and he asked for a sperm sample, a blood sample and a stool sample... so I gave him my underwear."

Due to a recent thread, I got to thinking that funny is in the eye of the beholder.  I know people that fall both ways on this one.  How about you.

574960[/snapback]

Well, of course the Stooges are funny. Curley's are funnier than Shemp's which are funnier than any with anyone other than Curly or Shemp, which are not at all funny.

Stooges funnier than Abbot and Costello and not as funny as the Marx Brothers.

Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore? :(

Iggy Pop rocks. MC5 too.

575030[/snapback]

Iggy pops? Are those the things that kill you if you eat them and then drink Coke?

We used to explode MC5s all the time. they make a REALLY loud noise.

Iggy Pop rocks. MC5 too.

575030[/snapback]

Beat me to it.

The are only one set of Stooges that really matter. Well, two different line-ups, really. It's tough to say which one I prefer. The Williamson lineup for Raw Power was more talented, and a lot of the "extra" stuff from that configuration (Open up and Bleed, She Creatures of the Hollywood Hills...tons of stuff that never made it onto Raw Power) is stellar. Yet, the original lineup with Alexander on bass was powerfull in it's stupidity (not an insult from me, as many here know I subscibe to the "stupid is brilliant" aesthetic when it come to music). Fun House is one of the best records of all time. Tough choice. If pressed, I'd vote for the Ashton Brothers/Alexander lineup.

Very funny with Curly. "Look at the Grouse!"

Good with Shemp. Some of his episodes are brilliant, some suck.

Anything other than those two = NOT Three Stooges but some horrifying bastardization.

575083[/snapback]

Agreed. I had my daughter hooked on the Stooges when she was 4 or 5 until the wife came home one Saturday afternoon in the middle of a Curly classic. Then she somehow brainwashed her to the point of not being interested anymore. :(

Agreed.  I had my daughter hooked on the Stooges when she was 4 or 5 until the wife came home one Saturday afternoon in the middle of a Curly classic.  Then she somehow brainwashed her to the point of not being interested anymore. :(

575109[/snapback]

:w00t:

Funny stuff.

The poll question is almost blasphemy. The 3 Stooges should be icons of manhood. Men love the stooges for the very reason women hate them.

They:

1) never ask directions

2) always take on jobs they are unqualified for

3) always have an easy fix for home repairs

4) never accept any personal blame

5) never let women separate their disfunctional friendship even as they are battling it out

If you are not a Christian, these men should be prayed to

If you are a Darwinist, you need to admit that nature has selected for these traits so you should revere them as well.

To disparage the stooges is to give up on your manhood.

Don't let it happen here, brothers.

Very funny with Curly. "Look at the Grouse!"

Good with Shemp. Some of his episodes are brilliant, some suck.

Anything other than those two = NOT Three Stooges but some horrifying bastardization.

575083[/snapback]

Some of the Shemp's are better than the later post-stroke Curly's.

Shemp's are very, very violent. :lol:

Curly Joe sucked, but no one sucked more than Joe. :devil:

The poll question is almost blasphemy. The 3 Stooges should be icons of manhood. Men love the stooges for the very reason women hate them.

They:

1) never ask directions

2) always take on jobs they are unqualified for

3) always have an easy fix for home repairs

4) never accept any personal blame

5) never let women separate their disfunctional friendship even as they are battling it out

If you are not a Christian, these men should be prayed to

If you are  a Darwinist, you need to admit that nature has selected for these traits so you should revere them as well.

To disparage the stooges is to give up on your manhood.

Don't let it happen here, brothers.

575231[/snapback]

Hey, my wife loves the Stooges. Maybe that's why she loves me. B-)