The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Ace dude and his lucky beanie have to go. No-talent hack gettin' by with his looks. I hate him.

Once again, Kevin Covais is the closest thing to punk rock this competition has ever seen. No talent. No moves. An absolute black eye on the show. Our fight to bring down corporate rock and roll is in this anti-hero's mighty hands. Simon gets it. He knows how dangerous Covais is. That's why he came out swingin'. But Covais went right back at him in true punk style. The transformation of Kevin Covais into Kevin Co-viscious is almost complete. He is a heroin addiction and a dead girlfriend at the Chelsea Hotel away from immortality. I raise my middle finger to him.

Melissa, or as my wife calls her, "The Pig," is done. How do you forget the words to a Stevie Wonder song? Twice!? Unlikable, and should be going home. Soon to be another hit and run at a cheap Hollywood motel.

Bucky. Poor, poor, Bucky. I'm almost pulling for him, because he's totally out of his element. He's an underdog, an everyman, a car painter. Unfortunately, the country vote is now split because of Pickler and the merger between the guys and gals. Out of The Saucey Mynx and Bucky, who do you think the NASCAR crowd is going to vote to keep around? Bucky is "The Pig's" only chance of not getting tossed into the alley with the trash.

Elliot bombed, but he'll still be able to survive. It's weird, but his family in the cheering section all had exceptional teeth.

If Mandisa doesn't get to sing "It's Raining Men" at some point in this competition, I will feel cheated. Anyone want to bet Seacrest is seeing a therapist after spending time down around her sweaty ankles? You're a better man than me, Ryan (shudder).

Pickler also bombed, but in true AI style, they have Seacrest do a freaking interview with her to rehabilitate her image with the voters. The fix is in, people.

My wife is convinced that Taylor Hicks is gay. Just an FYI. We're liberals. We know what we're talking about.

Paris, Lisa Tucker and her hot mom, and Katherine McFunbags are all safe.

Daughtry. Wow. To tell you the truth, this guy should quit the competition right now while his stock is so high...come out early and declare eligability for the draft. Seriously, why does this guy need to be AI#5? Look at what that Bice guy from last year is doing. That song he did last week was atrocious. Chris, get the hell out now. You are way to good for this nonsense. By good, I mean talent, of course. I'm almost certain that I will hate the musical genre you will end up in.

The Pig goes tonight. Bucky goes if the NASCAR fans abandon him for the Saucey Minx. They will toy with Co-visciuos all night, though. Just pack all that hate away, little buddy. Save that hate....

Once again, Kevin Covais is the closest thing to punk rock this competition has ever seen.  No talent.  No moves. An absolute black eye on the show.  Our fight to bring down corporate rock and roll is in this anti-hero's mighty hands.  Simon gets it. He knows how dangerous Covais is.  That's why he came out swingin'.  But Covais went right back at him in true punk style.  The transformation of Kevin Covais into Kevin Co-viscious is almost complete. He is a heroin addiction and a dead girlfriend at the Chelsea Hotel away from immortality.  I raise my middle finger to him.

630815[/snapback]

Man, you actually have me cheering him on now. I said before that he was a black-hole that sucked in all my joy and happiness. Now, he is my champion!

The best would be if he won AI and then refused to accept the title - that would be Punk!

Great line, man.  I hate him and his lucky beanie.  No-talent hack gettin' by with his looks. 

Once again, Kevin Covais is the closest thing to punk rock this competition has ever seen.  No talent.  No moves. An absolute black eye on the show.  Our fight to bring down corporate rock and roll is in this anti-hero's mighty hands.  Simon gets it. He knows how dangerous Covais is.  That's why he came out swingin'.  But Covais went right back at him in true punk style.  The transformation of Kevin Covais into Kevin Co-viscious is almost complete. He is a heroin addiction and a dead girlfriend at the Chelsea Hotel away from immortality.  I raise my middle finger to him.

Melissa, or as my wife calls her, "The Pig," is done.  How do you forget the words to a Stevie Wonder song?  Twice!?  Unlikable, and should be going home.  Soon to be another hit and run at a cheap Hollywood motel.

Bucky.  Poor, poor, Bucky.  I'm almost pulling for him, because he's totally out of his element.  He's an underdog, an everyman, a car painter.  Unfortunately, the country vote is now split because of Pickler and the merger between the guys and gals.  Out of The Saucey Mynx and Bucky, who do you think the NASCAR crowd is going to vote to keep around?  Bucky is "The Pig's" only chance of not getting tossed into the alley with the trash.

Elliot bombed, but he'll still be able to survive.  It's weird, but his family in the cheering section all had exceptional teeth.

If Mandisa doesn't get to sing "It's Raining Men" at some point in this competition, I will feel cheated.  Anyone want to bet Seacrest is seeing a therapist after spending time down around her sweaty ankles?  You're a better man than me, Ryan (shudder).

Pickler also bombed, but in true AI style, they have Seacrest do a freaking interview with her to rehabilitate her image with the voters.  The fix is in, people.

My wife is convinced that Taylor Hicks is gay.  Just an FYI.  We're liberals.  We know what we're talking about. 

Daughtry.  Wow.  To tell you the truth, this guy should quit the competition right now while his stock is so high...come out early and declare eligability for the draft.  Seriously, why does this guy need to be AI#5?  Look at what that Bice guy from last year is doing.  That song he did last week was atrocious.  Chris, get the hell out now.  You are way to good for this nonsense.  By good, I mean talent, of course.  I'm almost certain that I will hate the musical genre you will end up in.

The Pig goes tonight.  Bucky goes if the NASCAR fans abandon him for the Saucey Minx.  They will toy with Co-visciuos all night, though.  Just pack all that hate away, little buddy.  Save that hate....

630815[/snapback]

Sounds like you need to get your wife to post here too! Twice as much to look forward to each week :)

Vote for Pedro

630823[/snapback]

lol....Napoleon Dynamite references are like good fart jokes with me.....they get me every damn time.

Great line, man.  I hate him and his lucky beanie.  No-talent hack gettin' by with his looks. 

Melissa, or as my wife calls her, "The Pig," is done.  How do you forget the words to a Stevie Wonder song?  Twice!?  Unlikable, and should be going home.  Soon to be another hit and run at a cheap Hollywood motel.

Bucky.  Poor, poor, Bucky.  I'm almost pulling for him, because he's totally out of his element.  He's an underdog, an everyman, a car painter.  Unfortunately, the country vote is now split because of Pickler and the merger between the guys and gals.  Out of The Saucey Mynx and Bucky, who do you think the NASCAR crowd is going to vote to keep around?  Bucky is "The Pig's" only chance of not getting tossed into the alley with the trash.

Elliot bombed, but he'll still be able to survive.  It's weird, but his family in the cheering section all had exceptional teeth.

If Mandisa doesn't get to sing "It's Raining Men" at some point in this competition, I will feel cheated.  Anyone want to bet Seacrest is seeing a therapist after spending time down around her sweaty ankles?  You're a better man than me, Ryan (shudder).

Pickler also bombed, but in true AI style, they have Seacrest do a freaking interview with her to rehabilitate her image with the voters.  The fix is in, people.

My wife is convinced that Taylor Hicks is gay.  Just an FYI.  We're liberals.  We know what we're talking about. 

Daughtry.  Wow.  To tell you the truth, this guy should quit the competition right now while his stock is so high...come out early and declare eligability for the draft.  Seriously, why does this guy need to be AI#5?  Look at what that Bice guy from last year is doing.  That song he did last week was atrocious.  Chris, get the hell out now.  You are way to good for this nonsense.  By good, I mean talent, of course.  I'm almost certain that I will hate the musical genre you will end up in.

The Pig goes tonight.  Bucky goes if the NASCAR fans abandon him for the Saucey Minx.  They will toy with Co-visciuos all night, though.  Just pack all that hate away, little buddy.  Save that hate....

630815[/snapback]

Outstanding summary. Keep up the good work.

I got 2 out of 3 right, but the one I did'nt predict got sent home. Makes you wonder what would have happened had Ayla not gotten kicked off last week. :lol:

My current standings:

1.Chris

2.Katharine

3.Taylor

4.Paris

5.Mandisa

6.Kelly

7.Bucky

8.Kevin

9.Elliott

10.Lisa

11.Ace

630815[/snapback]

What does your gay-dar say about Ace? I'm pretty convinced - I mean for crying out loud, his first two songs were George Michael and Michael Jackson.

I got 2 out of 3 right, but the one I did'nt predict got sent home. Makes you wonder what would have happened had Ayla not gotten kicked off last week.  :devil:

My current standings:

1.Chris

2.Katharine

3.Taylor

4.Paris

5.Mandisa

6.Kelly

7.Bucky

8.Kevin

9.Elliott

10.Lisa

11.Ace

631617[/snapback]

That's a pretty good list, especially after what happened last night... I think you nailed the top 2, big gap between them & the rest of the pack right now. I thought Mandisa belonged up there as well, but now I'm thinking her image may hurt her in the end. Things can change pretty quick though. :)

I'm thinking her image may hurt her in the end.

631904[/snapback]

I've got something that might hurt her in the end :devil:

I got 2 out of 3 right, but the one I did'nt predict got sent home. Makes you wonder what would have happened had Ayla not gotten kicked off last week.  :devil:

My current standings:

1.Chris

2.Katharine

3.Taylor

4.Paris

5.Mandisa

6.Kelly

7.Bucky

8.Kevin

9.Elliott

10.Lisa

11.Ace

631617[/snapback]

My only issue with your list is Bucky.....I have yet to see the guy actually SING something.....you can usually barely hear him over the music, and his so-called vocals do nothing for me. I think if it were me, I'd bump Elliot up to 7 and drop Bucky to 10 (I think Ace sucks, too)

My only issue with your list is Bucky.....I have yet to see the guy actually SING something.....you can usually barely hear him over the music, and his so-called vocals do nothing for me. I think if it were me, I'd bump Elliot up to 7 and drop Bucky to 10 (I think Ace sucks, too)

632252[/snapback]

I would have Bucky at the bottom of the list if he had made bottom 3 last night. That version of Superstition was very weak & would've been my choice for worst if not for Kevin singing "Part Time Lover" :devil: ... now that Melissa's gone, I think there will be a 2-3 week run on guys getting voted off. I will miss her rack. :)

I would have Bucky at the bottom of the list if he had made bottom 3 last night. That version of Superstition was very weak & would've been my choice for worst if not for Kevin singing "Part Time Lover" :) ... now that Melissa's gone, I think there will be a 2-3 week run on guys getting voted off. I will miss her rack. :lol:

632273[/snapback]

Yeah, Melissa was very sexy in the butterface tradition....I much rather be hearing her sexy sultry voice and looking at those curves as opposed to having to tolerate bucky for another week :devil:

At least chicken large has got some personality and is taking advantage of his 15 mins.....Bucky is just kinda there....God forbid they bring Bucky II up on stage again....lol

630815[/snapback]

That is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen - good work!

-"He is a heroin addiction and a dead girlfriend at the Chelsea Hotel away from immortality" - I'm seeing him in whole new light now...

-"If Mandisa doesn't get to sing "It's Raining Men" at some point in this competition, I will feel cheated." - Agreed, although she did sing I'm Every Woman

"Pickler also bombed, but in true AI style, they have Seacrest do a freaking interview with her to rehabilitate her image with the voters. The fix is in, people." - Agree 100% - she didn't sing well so you had to let her show some of her "Saucy Mink" (and it's Mink, not Mynx) style and let her talk. She won't be voted off until its down to singing rather than style/backstory.

-"My wife is convinced that Taylor Hicks is gay" - I'm not sure he's gay, I just think he wishes he was blind - he's already adopted the crazy, unexplained swaying motions of Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder. Like wealthy suburban white kids trying to be straight outta Compton, Taylor Hicks wants to be a great blind musician.

-"Katherine McFunbags" - Exactly. Damn - where did those come from?

"Daughtry. Wow. To tell you the truth, this guy should quit the competition right now while his stock is so high" - Agree again - this guy doesn't need this competition - he could front a good rock band now (too bad he's under contract to the Idol folks who will force him to sing pop and/or Barney the Dinosaur cover tunes). I say they push him into a boy band and and we learn later that he put a gun in his mouth and took the easy way out...

-"Katherine McFunbags" - Exactly. Damn - where did those come from?

632300[/snapback]

She is all kinds of hot and sexy....When they showed that clip of her back in Hollywood when she had just gotten out of the shower and began moisturizing her legs, I had some schwingage.

630815[/snapback]

Funny thing is I was just saying this to my wife. Maybe when she does her first video for MTV Mandisa will be replaced with a thin model. Thin C&C Music factory ( Obviously people under a certain age will not know that one of the "It's raining Men" singers sang on the Song Sweat and was replaced with a hot & skinny model)

Obviously people under a certain age will not know that one of the "It's raining Men" singers  sang on the Song Sweat and was replaced with a hot & skinny model

632484[/snapback]

The fact that you have to explain this for certain younger posters makes me feel REALLY, REALLY old...

Now on Dime: :doh:

Taylor Hicks

November 25, 2005

Workplay

B'ham., Al

This recording is seeding over at e-Tree (thanks to the hard work of Jon Buffington). had not even consider seeding it here until the women in my office went ga-ga when I played it this afternoon. This is the real deal and and a great recording and deserves wider circulation but with only about 100 people poking around the e-Tree seed (no doubt under assumed names), I didn't think it was going to take off there. Hopefully the taper won't be looking for my head!!!!!!

Yeah, it's the gray haired guy from American Idol but this is worth a listen before passing off to the wife. Actually, I snuck a second copy into the car and played it again because it is worth a few spins. AI has found a funky Southern guy with talent instead of that fake "I'm a Rocker" Bo Brice crap from last year. The band is tight and funky and he turns in a strong vocal performance on a good selection of covers and originals (including, ironically enough, a Stevie Wonder song). Some A&R type from the major labels should have found him sooner than this and given him and the band a chance to make a record. I actually hope he loses on AI but gets a deal. Should he win on AI, he probably won't get to record with his band and some hotshot producer will eviscerate his natural talen and make him sound like another Kelly Clarkson.

The setlist (from a fan over at e-Tree):

disc 1

1.Forever Man

2.Heart and Soul

3.Call Me The Breeze

4.Naked In The Jungle

5.?

6.?

7.Birmingham

8.Superstitious

9.Sneakin Sally Through The Alley

10.Turn On Your Love Light

11.Will It Go Round in Circles

12.9 To 5

13.Gonna Move

14.?

15.Southbound

disc 2

1.Use Me

2.All's Fair In Love And War

3.Movin' On Up

4.What'dI Say

The lineage and other details:

Taylor Hicks

November 25, 2005

Workplay

B'ham., Al

Source: Peluso cemc6/cards(Din 7, loc~5')>bm2p+ua-5>m-audio transit>wavelab 4.0(16@48)

Editing: Wavelab(fades, resampling), Cdwave(tracking),flac frontend

Culprit: Jon Buffington (stirinthesauce@hotmail.com)

cuts in on 2nd song 1st set

Notes: This was the same night as the NMAS/DBT shows at the Alabama Theater. Taylor called and asked if I could tape him as I was leaving the Alabama Theater. Rushed over but was unable to set up in time to catch the beginning. Threw rig up in a hurry with no time for level adjustments so there are some noticeable spots in the beginning where I am adjusting gain.

Added Thu 16th Mar, 2006 02:32 GMT

Views 712

Hits 257

Snatched 127 time(s)

Upped by Hammie

Num files

[see full list] 21 files

Peers

[see full list] 46 seeder(s), 9 leecher(s) = 55 peer(s) total

You know, this has been bothering me since this afternoon. :(

:D

632984[/snapback]

Sorry, that was just uncalled for and in completely bad taste :D

Now, if it was Katherine... yeah. :D :D

633025[/snapback]

lol...well, the whole 'feet' thing with Mandisa pretty much cured me of my jungle fever for the time being :(

mmmm....mcpheeeeeeee........

lol...well, the whole 'feet' thing with Mandisa pretty much cured me of my jungle fever for the time being :wacko:

633042[/snapback]

That whole scenario reminded me of Chris Rock talking about big fat black women who think they are sexy.

"You know the one's I'm talking about. She's so fat it looks like she got bread baking in her shoe."

:lol:

That whole scenario reminded me of Chris Rock talking about big fat black women who think they are sexy. 

"You know the one's I'm talking about.  She's so fat it looks like she got bread baking in her shoe." 

:lol:

633349[/snapback]

LOL!!! I'd never heard that line.....that's hilarious :wacko:

Very good...Chris, Katherine, & Mandisa are still the 3 to beat IMO, big gap between them & the rest.... Covais  :devil: after the break.

638348[/snapback]

I only saw Taylor (who I like) and he SUCKED! I was embarrased for him. Pitiful.

Why on earth do you even watch this sh--? Reputation or something?

638383[/snapback]

Visiting my parents in Niagara Falls. Walking through the kitchen (Mom's got AI on)...they introduce Taylor...stop and watch and OH MY GOD!!! :devil::lol:

Kellie Pickler - The definition of playing the dumb blonde card to become rich. God bless her for manipulating the system (and the minds of 14-50 year old men everywhere). Hot, sexy, tight body, and a small amount of talent mixed with a fake innocent act = a platinum album in 2006.

I only saw Taylor (who I like) and he SUCKED!  I was embarrased for him.  Pitiful.

638374[/snapback]

I was LMAO at him tardin' all over the stage again! :devil::lol::lol:

Too bad Simon gave him kinda a thumbs down tonight, that's never a good sign. :w00t:

Visiting my parents in Niagara Falls.  Walking through the kitchen (Mom's got AI on)...they introduce Taylor...stop and watch and OH MY GOD!!! :devil:  :lol:

638385[/snapback]

Niagara Falls in March?

Well, it's family.