The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere in this thread... take it FWIW.

622163[/snapback]

Whoa...can that be right???? Is there any track record of accuracy with these people in the thread? How the hell can Covais be the chip leader??? lol

Whoa...can that be right????  Is there any track record of accuracy with these people in the thread? How the hell can Covais be the chip leader??? lol

622211[/snapback]

I don't think they're too accurate on the names (sometimes right, sometimes dead wrong) , but somewhere in there it's said there will be a shocker with one of the 2 girls... sounded feasible to me, JMO.

I don't think they're too accurate on the names (sometimes right, sometimes dead wrong) , but somewhere in there it's said there will be a shocker with one of the 2 girls... sounded feasible to me, JMO.

622233[/snapback]

Interesting....I guess we won't have to wait long to find out. I thought the show last night was pretty good.....I don't remember a group that was so hot and cold like these guys and girls are this season. They can go from completely bringin' it one week to really putting me to sleep the next. Very odd..... I still don't understand the Bucky thing...but I guess I just need to deal with it. The one guy who I think has a killer voice but nobody else seems to like even a little is Will. I thought his cover of James Taylor last night was pretty good!

As for the girls, with the exception of the lovely Mandisa, I thought they were pretty lousy on Tuesday.....

I thought Elliot didn't do himself any favors last night, even though he was annoited "Best male singer ever" two weeks ago. Way to play the disability card, dude.

I hate that Ace guy.

Bucky stays another week because the rednecks can still vote for Pickler and ole Buck one more time. Next week they'll have to pick one or the other, and that split will spell doomsday for Bucky Skynrd.

Will Makar killed himself off last night. Not even the Brady Bunch looks will save him this time. James Taylor? He was beating up Carly Simon years before any of Makar's fans were born. Horrible song choice.

Covais really let me down last night. He was our shot at bringing down corporate rock, but it's not looking good. I hope to The-God-I-don't-believe-in that he gets enough pity and "stick it to the man" votes to carry him into the next round.

Simon went out of his way to knock Chris down a peg after last week. Brillant psychological strategy on his part. It lets Chris' fans know that he can still be knocked off if they don't vote for him. Let's just say a couple thousand people who usually vote for him think he's safe, and take my advice and vote for Covais to bring down corporate rock. Chris could get bounced. By not lobbying for him, Simon was lobbying for him. You win this round, Cowell.

From the men's side....adios Will and Gideon (that whole "making love to my grandmother" thing he said after he sang freaked me out).

From the women's side....the floozy (melissa) and the beanpole (ayla) go. Kinnick should get the boot, but the tall one goes.

I was not able to see the show last night (TiVo'd it) I'll watch this weekend. I am dissapointed that Ayla is gone but I thought her hair, dress and song were pretty bad the other night. I really thought her hair and clothes made her look like Kimmy ( the neighbor friend) from Full House...Ouch!

Ayla peaked too early....I'm a self-admitted Christian Aguilera fan cause I think her voice is just absolutely stunning.....Ayla did some Christina song from a Disney flick a few weeks ago and KILLED it. She needed to stick with stuff like that where she can really showcase her voice. Natasha Bedingfield is talented, and her voice is quite unique, but it's not the kind that just blows you away. It was a bad song choice and it failed her in the end. The tragedy is that she DOES have that killer voice in her, she just didn't do enough to let it shine. Oh well....

All in all, this is a pretty damn strong top-12. I really didn't think Kevin Covais would still be here, but the guy is like the legit version of William Hung. You gotta give the guy credit for taking his fifteen minutes and investing them intelligently. He's doing a great job of marketing himself, and he's very good at allowing the fun that Ryan and the others have with him to be viewed as an asset more than anything else. It even comes close to being a routine with them.....I give the kid credit.

I was not able to see the show last night (TiVo'd it) I'll watch this weekend.  I am dissapointed that Ayla is gone but I thought her hair, dress and song were pretty bad the other night.  I really thought her hair and clothes made her  look like Kimmy ( the neighbor friend) from Full House...Ouch!

623219[/snapback]

If Ayla is the tall skinny one...well...let's just say I watched about 10 minutes of it and it was when she was told whe was gone. Then she sang her goodbye song.

She sucks!

From last nights eliminations, I think the skank should've been gone instead of Ayla, and for the guys Bucky should've been gone rather than Will. Other than that, I think the final 12 is pretty strong, and as soon as they get rid of the aforementioend 2 weak links it should be a good showdown.

If Ayla is the tall skinny one...well...let's just say I watched about 10 minutes of it and it was when she was told whe was gone.  Then she sang her goodbye song.

She sucks!

623472[/snapback]

:lol:

If Ayla is the tall skinny one...well...let's just say I watched about 10 minutes of it and it was when she was told whe was gone.  Then she sang her goodbye song.

She sucks!

623472[/snapback]

I think that had to do more with the fact that she was crying. She actually had a pretty good voice, but she didn't have a chance to win. It would be great to see everyone leave in the order they deserve to, but it's only bad when one of the possible winners loses before the pathetics who are only there for looks/attitude, etc...

I think that had to do more with the fact that she was crying.  She actually had a pretty good voice, but she didn't have a chance to win.  It would be great to see everyone leave in the order they deserve to, but it's only bad when one of the possible winners loses before the pathetics who are only there for looks/attitude, etc...

623636[/snapback]

I figure it might be hard to sing after just being told you're gone. But the guy from South San Francisco (Sway?) was GREAT on his "goodbye" song. So good, I'm surprsed they just didn't just bring him back on and say, "You people are crazy. This guy is good."

Of course, I've seen a total of about 15-20 minutes of the season. That's enough for me.

Yep, that's how I started too. Watched maybe 30 min a couple seasons ago. Last year I caught mabye half the shows. This year I look forward to it.

A lot of people, including myself, trash the show in principle alone. But it's entertaining once you start watching.

And the weekly outcome is much harder to predict than say...the superbowl.

I figure it might be hard to sing after just being told you're gone.

623650[/snapback]

I've always thought this part of the show needs to be trashed. <Name> you have received the lowest number of votes, which means most of America thinks you suck, so get your A$$ out of here, but before you go will you pretty pretty please sing for us one more time, so all the people who think you suck can hate you one last time? :lol:

I've always thought this part of the show needs to be trashed.  <Name> you have received the lowest number of votes, which means most of America thinks you suck, so get your A$$ out of here, but before you go will you pretty pretty please sing for us one more time, so all the people who think you suck can hate you one last time? :lol:

623914[/snapback]

Right, and then the performance that sucked enough the night before to get them voted off sucks even MORE cause they are either all upset or pissed that they are leaving the show. If it's not THAT, then you see them just take the song and hit it full throttle (sort of like Gedeon last night :doh: ), which makes you wonder wtf they were holding back for to begin with.....

I've always thought this part of the show needs to be trashed.  <Name> you have received the lowest number of votes, which means most of America thinks you suck, so get your A$$ out of here, but before you go will you pretty pretty please sing for us one more time, so all the people who think you suck can hate you one last time? :lol:

623914[/snapback]

I like how they let them thank their "fans"...you know, all those fans that didn't vote for them.

I'm listening to the Sabres game right now since it is not on MSG. I am not afraid to admit I watch American Idol for the first few episodes with the weirdos, etc. But I don't watch the "good" people. Now I turn it on, and there is some 12 year old Malcom in The Middle looking "dude" on here... WTF is this?

Anyone?

I'm listening to the Sabres game right now since it is not on MSG. I am not afraid to admit I watch American Idol for the first few episodes with the weirdos, etc. But I don't watch the "good" people.  Now I turn it on, and there is some 12 year old Malcom in The Middle looking "dude" on here...  WTF is this?

Anyone?

629962[/snapback]

That kid is brutal. He shouldn't be there. I hope you just saw Taylor Hicks...that was great.

That kid is brutal.  He shouldn't be there.  I hope you just saw Taylor Hicks...that was great.

629985[/snapback]

That was freaking great. Really. And I don't mean "Great for American Idol". That was just damn good. Even the old-timers around here would like that, no doubt.

I've honestly become bored with a lot of these contestants....Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry make it worthwhile, though....they can just plain bring it. These girls are really nice to look at, but they've just fallen off the wagon IMO.

My 11 year old daughter is a big fan and that means that my wife and I also watch the show. While I understand the Ace vote, no one has been able to explain the Kevin vote yet.

After talking to my wife, my theory is that the poeple who are voting for Kevin are the same pople who pick up stray dogs. They see something helpless and they can't resist.

Now, Kelly Pickler on the other hand. . . :(:(

Nobody knows how the voting will shape the competition, but from my view, it should be a two horse race between Chris and Taylor. Katharine would probably round out the top 3.

630181[/snapback]

'zactly.....I totally agree with that. I think Lisa, Paris, Michelle, and Kellie are all really adorable, and they each have talent. But if we're talking in terms of what will SELL, I think you have to go with Taylor and Chris. Last year, the only music I would have dropped money on was that of Bo. Prior to that it would have been Tamayra Gray. This year I'd probably pay money for either of these guys' stuff.....I thought they both rocked the house last night. I didn't know 'Higher Ground' was a Stevie Wonder song, but that is a KILLER tune. I remember that being played on one of the ESPN commercials a year or so ago. Good tune!

That kid is brutal.  He shouldn't be there.  I hope you just saw Taylor Hicks...that was great.

629985[/snapback]

Kevin can't sing, but even as a youngster he's developed a witty Woody Allen-like self deprecating look at himself that some people must find enduring. (I'm not one of them.) Anyway, his "I wasn't expecting much from you!" stab at Simon undoubtedly got him a ticket back next week.

629985[/snapback]

He's got the 12-14-year-old-girl-with-nothing-better-to-do-than-vote market.

The Bottom 3 tonight IMO should be: Elliot, Ace, & Lisa. With Ace getting the axe.

I just know that Ace will somehow survive, becasue of his good looks which is all he has going for him. Ace should have been canned last week.

Say what you want about Kevin, and his days are numbered too, but Ace has brought absolutely zero to American Idol this year.

Ace is on a very, very short leash as far as I go. Just having the name "Ace" usually is enough to wish beatings on, but he seems somewhat sincere so he's getting a bit of slack.

One wink, and/or finger point, and/or that freaking clicking noise that typical "Ace's" do with their teeth, usually while pointing at you, and that goon a-hole will end up in the douche bag doghouse quicker than a chicken on skis.

Ace = Constantine,

don't think he's going anywhere for awhile.

They all pretty much sucked yesterday, the only one I enjoyed was Spazz & it wasn't cause of the singing. :doh:;):w00t:

My bottom 3 are Bucky, Eliott, and Melissa,

Other than Kevin, Bucky was the worst yesterday,either him or Elliott is the one to go, just meh personality, I'll say Bucky.

Early Final 4 Predictions:

Mandisa, Katherine, Chris, Spazz.