24 premiere...

sfladave

Is it wrong to be REALLY looking forward to the return of Kim?  :blink:  :D

What I am really hoping for is that Jack will kick the living Sh*t out of the President. God I hate that guy.

603616[/snapback]

she'll be back

what pisses me off was that in all 4 seasons, there was never a scene where palmer shoots someone who was gonna kill jack, the same way tony did in season 4

President Logan looks exactly like Nixon lol

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty solid 2 hrs tonight. First hour was a little slow getting going but picked up as it went along. That First Lady needs to keep her damn mouth shut and take a step out of fantasy world to realize tough choices are made in politics. At the same time, the Pres needs to grow a set and make a decision on his own. He always just throw himself behind whatever someone tells him about 15 seconds after hearing it. The 2nd hour was action packed and the attack on CTU opened up a completely new storyline for the next couple week's I'd guess. Overall, good stuff. I just got hooked on this show this season and I'm catching up on old episodes that they show on A &E and some buddies' season 1 & 2 dvd's.

Pretty solid 2 hrs tonight. First hour was a little slow getting going but picked up as it went along. That First Lady needs to keep her damn mouth shut and take a step out of fantasy world to realize tough choices are made in politics. At the same time, the Pres needs to grow a set and make a decision on his own. He always  just throw himself behind whatever someone tells him about 15 seconds after hearing it. The 2nd hour was action packed and the attack on CTU opened up a completely new storyline for the next couple week's I'd guess. Overall, good stuff.  I just got hooked on this show this season and I'm catching up on old episodes that they show on A &E and some buddies' season 1 & 2 dvd's.

619692[/snapback]

Whoever the actors are that play the Prez and the First Lady, they're pretty good... sucks that eeyore got it, though.

RoboCop is f-cked. He'll be singing like a song bird 23 minutes into the next episode.

619816[/snapback]

Not so sure. They've got bigger problems with that gas and Jack isn't going to have time to deal with that issue. I say we don't find out how far up this goes for another episode.

Guesses on that one? Mine are Secretary of Defense (Audrey's dad), or the skeevy new VP. The revelatory wild card would be David Palmer, which fits with the story.

McGill's gotta feel pretty good about being personally responsible for half the staff's death by withholding information about the keycard.

Not so sure.  They've got bigger problems with that gas and Jack isn't going to have time to deal with that issue.  I say we don't find out how far up this goes for another episode.

Guesses on that one?  Mine are Secretary of Defense (Audrey's dad), or the skeevy new VP.  The revelatory wild card would be David Palmer, which fits with the story.

McGill's gotta feel pretty good about being personally responsible for half the staff's death by withholding information about the keycard.

619823[/snapback]

Is McGill dead? I don't think he was being held in one of the locations that they deemed "secure".

Is McGill dead? I don't think he was being held in one of the locations that they deemed "secure".

619830[/snapback]

Quite possibly. The fallout from this attack is going to be just as heartbreaking as watching Chloe watch Edgar die.

From a sound design standpoint (my field), it was interesting that they didn't do the beeping counter at the end -- a moment of silence for Edgar, this character you've grown to appreciate over the past couple years. Kind of a cool idea.

From a sound design standpoint (my field), it was interesting that they didn't do the beeping counter at the end -- a moment of silence for Edgar, this character you've grown to appreciate over the past couple years.  Kind of a cool idea.

619833[/snapback]

I picked up on that too, that was the first time that I can remember the show ending like that.

I picked up on that too, that was the first time that I can remember the show ending like that.

619841[/snapback]

They've done that a few times. The first was the very end of season one when Jack found his wife's body.

They've done that a few times.  The first was the very end of season one when Jack found his wife's body.

619862[/snapback]

Also after Jack shot Chapelle in season 3 (i think). I think they do it whenever a main cast member dies.

From a sound design standpoint (my field), it was interesting that they didn't do the beeping counter at the end -- a moment of silence for Edgar, this character you've grown to appreciate over the past couple years.  Kind of a cool idea.

619833[/snapback]

I did not pick up on that.

Too bad Edgar didn't do a more dramtic death scene, in an effort to get an Emmy.

Also after Jack shot Chapelle in season 3 (i think).  I think they do it whenever a main cast member dies.

619919[/snapback]

I just read that the other two times were in Season 2. First when Mason was told to go home (and die of radiation poisoning) and the last shot was him leaving CTU. The next was when he flew the plane with the nuke on it into the desert and died.

619830[/snapback]

I believe he is in a safe room right now because they showed him in the preview when they teased the story line - "one of these people will make the ultimate sacrifice"... There are 3 areas that are secure, hospital, situation room and I believe holding room. My guess is Jack will need someone to help him and McGill will sacrifice himself to save the others. He needs to atone for his mistakes, his sister is dead, his card was used to attack CTU etc... He's a goner.

619823[/snapback]

The show's writers must feel pretty good about somehow having Russian terrorists hook up with two drug addicts who somehow had a key card they needed to improvise an attack on CTU using nerve gas that should be on its way across the Pacific right now. All in a four hour span.

Then again, almost nothing about the plot of this season has made sense so I don't think anyone is concerned about stuff like that anymore.

Just to really screw with people like me who notice the complete lapses in logic and continuity, they should just have Edgar show up again later in the season and act like nothing happened. He could walk by in the background or maybe hand Chloe a CD or file or something.

I believe he is in a safe room right now because they showed him in the preview when they teased the story line - "one of these people will make the ultimate sacrifice"...  There are 3 areas that are secure, hospital, situation room and I believe holding room.  My guess is Jack will need someone to help him and McGill will sacrifice himself to save the others.  He needs to atone for his mistakes, his sister is dead, his card was used to attack CTU etc...  He's a goner.

620037[/snapback]

It's either him or C Thomas. I have a feeling C Thomas's character isn't going anywhere until Jack gives him a sound ass kicking, so I'd guess McGill.

It's either him or C Thomas. I have a feeling C Thomas's character isn't going anywhere until Jack gives him a sound ass kicking, so I'd guess McGill.

620056[/snapback]

Yeah, his character, the Psychiatrist who slept with his patient, seems a bit too weasely for heroic deeds. Ass kickin' coming soon.

The show's writers must feel pretty good about somehow having Russian terrorists hook up with two drug addicts who somehow had a key card they needed to improvise an attack on CTU using nerve gas that should be on its way across the Pacific right now.  All in a four hour span.

Then again, almost nothing about the plot of this season has made sense so I don't think anyone is concerned about stuff like that anymore. 

Just to really screw with people like me who notice the complete lapses in logic and continuity, they should just have Edgar show up again later in the season and act like nothing happened.  He could walk by in the background or maybe hand Chloe a CD or file or something.

620040[/snapback]

It's possible the terrorists were aware of McGill's sisters problem and had this guy set her up, then was double crossed. We don't know how well the two knew each other.

I did not pick up on that.

Too bad Edgar didn't do a more dramtic death scene, in an effort to get an Emmy.

620001[/snapback]

It was time for tubby to go though...no?

This gets more implausable every week...but, I'm still watching.