Here is what I'm hearing....

SDS

Butler left because he was fired. :)

553027[/snapback]

he was fired because he wouldn't negotiate with wilson over the course of the 2000 preseason and season. wilson wondered why publicly. when it was clear that he didn't want to come back (there were rumors that he was fed up with the meddling), wilson fired him.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but is being a "good soldier" for the team as changes are made

- Losman is NOT a cancer in the locker room, players just recognize he isn't ready.

- Donahoe's coaching choices were limited more by salary restrictions than other factors

- Losman's early season benching have Ralph's fingerprints on it

- Losman is more hurt than the team is saying

- Donahoe is stunned at some of the things people are saying about him.  He actually worries about his family with the highly charged atmosphere.

552862[/snapback]

I hope that you are right.

Haslett was on SIRIUS yesterday and he stated that he wants to continue coaching bad enough to accept a coordinator job if need be.

Gray seems like a great guy but he has never impressed me as a DC. His departure will certainly be a good thing for the Bills.

2. Having the coach of the defending college champs refer to the staff he worked with for this team back in 84 as "the worst ever".

And a prominent sportwriter referring to one of the Offensive Line Coaches we ran out here on a rail a few years back as "one of the best."

JDG

I remember being home for Christmas the week Gregg Williams was fired.  I was embarassed by some of the comments that fans were making...a lot of it was way over the line.  I can only imagine what Donohoe is hearing. I don't think it is a condemnation of Bills fans specifically, just sports fans in general. 

As much as I hate some of the results of TD's decisions over the years, I would never question that he failed for lack of effort of trying to build a great team.  I hardly believe he deserves all of the blame for this mess.  The more Ralph Wilson has become involved over the last few days, and the more being "leaked", I have to say, that some of those old pre-Kelly era anti-Wilson feelings are starting to come back...

I can't tell you how depressed the current state of this team makes me.  It almost feels like the early 80's all over again.... :)

553014[/snapback]

I said almost the exact same thing 5 minutes ago... ;)

Depressed as well. We really needed TD to work out in Buffalo for the fans and for stability of the franchise. I don't like what I am hearing. While the departures of TD and MM may be justified, I am concerned about the aftermath. If RW is willing to give huge signing bonuses to free agents, what is the problem with spending what it takes on good management and coaching? Will anyone of quality want to be GM knowing that RW wants to reassert his control?

he was fired because he wouldn't negotiate with wilson over the course of the 2000 preseason and season.  wilson wondered why publicly. when it was clear that he didn't want to come back (there were rumors that he was fed up with the meddling), wilson fired him.

553248[/snapback]

Anyway you look at it, good freakin riddance. Butler royally screwed this team. I'd rather have Ralph's corpse make the decisions than that fat stupid fu#k. TD was 10 times better as GM than Butler.

Anyway you look at it, good freakin riddance.  Butler royally screwed this team.  I'd rather have Ralph's corpse make the decisions than that fat stupid fu#k.  TD was 10 times better as GM than Butler.

553297[/snapback]

making fun of his weight = not cool. butler was one of the best employees the bills ever had, by the way.

he was fired because he wouldn't negotiate with wilson over the course of the 2000 preseason and season.  wilson wondered why publicly. when it was clear that he didn't want to come back (there were rumors that he was fed up with the meddling), wilson fired him.

553248[/snapback]

Yah sure, it was Wilson's meddling. It had nothing to do with the collision course between the salary cap and all the bad contracts Butler had given.

making fun of his weight = not cool.  butler was one of the best employees the bills ever had, by the way.

553304[/snapback]

As for my cheap shot...well, read my tagline. Besides, I'm fat and I know a fat slob when I see one.

There's a guy where I work who's a GREAT employee...one of the best in the company, IMO. But, I don't see us taking away his toilet brush and broom and making him GM.

It's pretty clear, Butler was an unmitigated disaster as Bills GM.

As for my cheap shot...well, read my tagline.  Besides, I'm fat and I know a fat slob when I see one. 

There's a guy where I work who's a GREAT employee...one of the best in the company, IMO.  But, I don't see us taking away his toilet brush and broom and making him GM. 

It's pretty clear, Butler was an unmitigated disaster as Bills GM.

553330[/snapback]

gotcha about the cheap shot moniker.

my response is simply:

12-4 (and he didn't just inherit the team - he scouted it)

7-9

10-6

10-6

6-10

10-6

11-5

8-8

74-54. a little better than 31-49, wouldn't you say?

Yea, we can only imagine what kind of mess we'd be in now IF Butler had stayed around. We'd have major cap problems IN ADDITION to our current situation. Thankfully Butler hit the road because he wasn't man enough to clean up the mess that he left behind. Also, I can never get over that last horrible draft that he oversaw, which was worse than anything TD did.

gotcha about the cheap shot moniker.

my response is simply:

12-4 (and he didn't just inherit the team - he scouted it)

7-9

10-6

10-6

6-10

10-6

11-5

8-8

74-54. a little better than 31-49, wouldn't you say?

553351[/snapback]

Got any information on the salary cap situation for the team for those years? Fact is a GM isn't judged on win/loss ratio alone.

I hope that you are right.

553254[/snapback]

Why on Earth would you hope that the Bills coaching choices are limited by salary restraints, that our mentally questionable owner is meddling with personell decisions in-season, that our young franchise QB is hurt more than we think and that Donahoe is actually worried about his family?

What could possibly be good about any of those things?

There's a guy where I work who's a GREAT employee...one of the best in the company, IMO.  But, I don't see us taking away his toilet brush and broom and making him GM. 

553330[/snapback]

I know losing a national election has some consequences, but isn't this a bit extreme?

Yea, we can only imagine what kind of mess we'd be in now IF Butler had stayed around. We'd have major cap problems IN ADDITION to our current situation. Thankfully Butler hit the road because he wasn't man enough to clean up the mess that he left behind. Also, I can never get over that last horrible draft that he oversaw, which was worse than anything TD did.

553361[/snapback]

Well, had Butler stayed around we'd likely have AJ Smith as our GM now. I can think of a lot worse options at the GM position. Of course, this is 20/20 hindsight, but there aren't many better ways to look at things than in hindsight!

Why on Earth would you hope that the Bills coaching choices are limited by salary restraints, that our mentally questionable owner is meddling with personell decisions in-season, that our young franchise QB is hurt more than we think and that Donahoe is actually worried about his family?

What could possibly be good about any of those things?

553528[/snapback]

The title of the post was about Gray, and that is what I addressed in my text. You are getting ahead of yourself Brother.

Hello? :);)

but is being a "good soldier" for the team as changes are made

- Losman is NOT a cancer in the locker room, players just recognize he isn't ready.

- Donahoe's coaching choices were limited more by salary restrictions than other factors

- Losman's early season benching have Ralph's fingerprints on it

- Losman is more hurt than the team is saying

- Donahoe is stunned at some of the things people are saying about him.  He actually worries about his family with the highly charged atmosphere.

552862[/snapback]

Just curious about what your "connections" are with people in the know?