the other shoe drops

The word structure is the troublesome one. They could make big changes and still have all the same guys. Ralph could keep TD as President, promote Russ Brandon a little, make Modrak GM in change of personell, keep MM and promote Wyche to OC. I suppose I personally could live with that, but that would not be anyone really gone for a lot of the pissed off fan base.

547413[/snapback]

The question is, would TD even want to stay in those circumstances? Just as President, with no hand in the football operations?

Maybe if we're lucky, TD will stay on as President only and Ralph will make MM both head coach and GM! Wouldn't that be great?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>>>>On the season

"It's been terribly disappointing. With all the hype at the start of the season with a new young quarterback… but he was unproven. We had too much hype. You can talk about it, but you've got to do it. I just picked that out (as one example). I'm not blaming him (Losman) for it."<<<<

It is good to see that Mr. Wilson recognizes the idiocy of handing the team to Losman without competition.

The "hype" was just that.....hype.

TD had his ego bruised because the Bills lost to the scrubs of his alma mater. TD is a spent shell who should be swept outof Buffalo.

The question is, would TD even want to stay in those circumstances? Just as President, with no hand in the football operations?

Maybe if we're lucky, TD will stay on as President only and Ralph will make MM both head coach and GM! Wouldn't that be great?

547427[/snapback]

TD may not like it but frankly, I don't see him getting a job this season as a GM of another team. It may take him 2-3 years to get a job that would satisfy him. He likes being close to Pittsburgh. He may not have much of a choice. Frankly, despite all of the conjecture about TD being an ego-maniac, all of the actual actions are quite the opposite of that.

Well my mind is goin’ through them changes

I feel just like I’m in the time

Every time you see me goin’ some where

I feel like I’m going out of my mind, yeah

Oh, my baby she left me the other day

And we were have so much fun yeah, yeah

Oh, my baby she stepped out on me

And that’s the reason why she had to part

It’s alright yeah yeah

It’s alright

What I say

It’s alright

Ooo hooo

Well my mind is goin’ through them changes

I think I’m goin’ out of my mind

Every time you see me goin’ some where

I think I could commit a crime know

She had me runnin’

She had me cryin’

She had me runnin’

She had me had me had me cryin’

She had me runnin’

She had me cryin’

She had me runnin’

Had me cryin’

It’s alright yeah yeah

It’s alright

Clap your hands

Go clap your hands

Can you clap a little louder

It’s alright

It’s alright

Everything goin’ to be alright

It’s alright

It’s alright

It’s alright

It’s alright

It’s alright

Yeah

Yeah

Everybody yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah!

Yeah!

Yeah!

Yeah!

Yeah!

Yeah!!!

Yeah!!!

Yeah!!!

*is giddy*

Happy !@#$ing holidays TD. You're fired.

547394[/snapback]

To me sounds like TD is definetly gone but I wouldn't take it as Mularkey's job is safe. You can tell he's really dissappointed about MM giving the job to JP when he wasn't ready. If the meeting goes bad Mularkey could resign or be fired who knows.

Thank Heavens

TD may not like it but frankly, I don't see him getting a job this season as a GM of another team. It may take him 2-3 years to get a job that would satisfy him. He likes being close to Pittsburgh. He may not have much of a choice. Frankly, despite all of the conjecture about TD being an ego-maniac, all of the actual actions are quite the opposite of that.

547433[/snapback]

Well the Cleveland job is now available, and they have a "decent coach" and some talent, plus a high draft pick.

well, TD is already gone then...  he has controlled the info coming from bb.com more than vince does at wwe.com

547419[/snapback]

Good observation.

That news story being posted is the equivilant of the Saddam statue coming down and people hitting it with their shoes.

I'm thrilled to hear Ralph say this. It means he still has plenty marbles left.

Does ANYBODY here have any confidence that Mularkey can outcoach Belichick...or even Nick Saban? Well then, what's he doing as our coach? If we can't get by those two, we'll never have a shot. Belichick is going to be in the Bills' way for the next 15 years. He's not going anywhere.

The problem, of course, is...who's out there who's better? Smarter?

Don't say Bob Fuggin Stoops and Jim Fuggin Fossel.

I'd give Kirk Ferentz a maybe and Bill Parcells is a dream that won't come true.

With all the coaching changes this offseason, it's going to be slim pickings.

But I wonder what the scouting dynamic really is at OBD. I mean, has Donahoe vetoed anything and gone with a guy that the scouts or Modrak liked? Or has the reverse happened and he's foisted picks like Losman and Mike Williams on the group? (Just using those as examples, so don't jump on me, Losman apologists)

I think in the outcome, we'll learn a lot about many things we've long wondered.

At least I hope so. But hope and Bills football hasn't been a successful marriage yet.

I thought they announced the GM was fired on friday?

547450[/snapback]

No, there were reports and rumors he may be fired, but could still save his job, and then the President and owner both said on the same day that the reports werent true and that Savage was staying. They are just reorganizing a little.

Sounds to me like Mularkey is staying, but some assistant coaches are going to be shown the door. Certainly that applies to players as well.

It also sounds like Donahoe's days as Bills GM are all but over. I think the comment about the hype entering the season was directed squarely at Donahoe, who sold the whole song and dance about this team being a playoff contender. Clearly, he's not happy with the job Donahoe has done. Good to see that he's not going to be content with just hoping we're better next year, either.

yes.

you can only coach what talent is on the team, IMO. Mike Mularkey has a lot to learn yet....I'd like to see what he could do with a team that is strong on the lines.

547401[/snapback]

ive seen enough of mike....a good coach would utilize the non talent he has.a good coach wouldn't be trying trick plays.a good coach would have started and stuck with jp losman and not try for the extra wins just to save his job.