A Few Thoughts About The Game.....

The following will include general thought/opinions about the team. Feedback is especially welcomed.

1) Justin Bannan was out there giving it his all. The problem is, he does not belong in professional football. He is so bad it is literally painful to watch. I hope when he is cut that there is even a little bit of cap savings.

2) Please Coach April, keep Josh Reed off of special teams. Are you kidding me? The highlights will show that it was good old Josh who gave up that touchdown. Please trust me on this one. No, I am not a fan of Josh.

3) OK, I'll say it.....I would like to keep Milloy (at a reduced salary) for one more season. If we are to dump a safety, make it Vincent.

4) Kelly Holcombe reminds me of an older woman who looks good for her age. He can never, not friggin ever be a starting qb on a team with any plans of going anywhere.

5) Speaking of qb, I have very little faith in JP. I confess that I don't like him, nor have I ever. I thought that the trade for him was just idiotic then, and I haven't changed my mind. In summary.....the Bills have no qb imo. :lol:

6) I am not a fan of TD. He sold us out in draft after draft while trying to make a profit for RW in lieu of building a good football team. That said, the very first person that the Bills should fire is Gray. Sorry, but he is an out and out boob. He is bad beyond words. I would prefer Walt Corey, and he sucked. Make no mistake, Gray is totally incompetent. He is a total disaster.

7) Speaking of DCs, Donnie Henderson will be a great head coach some day. Of this I am sure.

8) Check out my tone here. I am NOT getting nasty, but you people who want to keep Moulds are simply wrong. He can catch passes that are thrown right to him, but that is about all. He is NOT a #1 receiver. He is past his prime and declining before our eyes. 10.85 million in 06? Are you kidding me? No, I would prefer the 5 plus million dollar cap room, thank you very much.

9) I know, Schobel had no sacks today, but he was back in pass coverage in our stupid defensive system, and was making tackles on running plays. AS can play.

10) CV had one of his rare decent games this season. I think that Eric Setterstrom of U Minn. could easily surpass the output/performance of CV. He too (imo) is done.

11) Last but not least....MaGahee is a very good back. He gave it his all today and was imo very, very good. He can SEE the few holes that do exist ala Thurman. MaGahee is an extremely talented player. Case closed.

12) OK, I lied; one more thing.... Jason Peters kicked ass today. I am liking him more each week.

GO TBD!!!!!!!!!!GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following will include general 1) Justin Bannan was out there giving it his all. The problem is, he does not belong in professional football. He is so bad it is literally painful to watch. I hope when he is cut that there is even a little bit of cap savings.

547170[/snapback]

He's a UFA... don't think he'll be asked back.

The following will include general thought/opinions about the team. Feedback is especially welcomed.

1) Justin Bannan was out there giving it his all. The problem is, he does not belong in professional football. He is so bad it is literally painful to watch. I hope when he is cut that there is even a little bit of cap savings.

2) Please Coach April, keep Josh Reed off of special teams. Are you kidding me? The highlights will show that it was good old Josh who gave up that touchdown. Please trust me on this one. No, I am not a fan of Josh.

3) OK, I'll say it.....I would like to keep Milloy (at a reduced salary) for one more season. If  we are to dump a safety, make it Vincent.

4) Kelly Holcombe reminds me of an older woman who looks good for her age. He can never, not friggin ever be a starting qb on a team with any plans of going anywhere.

5) Speaking of qb, I have very little faith in JP. I confess that I don't like him, nor have I ever. I thought that the trade for him was just idiotic then, and I haven't changed my mind. In summary.....the Bills have no qb imo.  :lol:

6) I am not a fan of TD. He sold us out in draft after draft while trying to make a profit for RW in lieu of building a good football team. That said, the very first person that the Bills should fire is Gray. Sorry, but he is an out and out boob. He is bad beyond words. I would prefer Walt Corey, and he sucked. Make no mistake, Gray is totally incompetent. He is a total disaster.

7) Speaking of DCs, Donnie Henderson will be a great head coach some day. Of this I am sure.

8) Check out my tone here. I am NOT getting nasty, but you people who want to keep Moulds are simply wrong. He can catch passes that are thrown right to him, but that is about all. He is NOT a #1 receiver. He is past his prime and declining before our eyes. 10.85 million in 06? Are you kidding me? No, I would prefer the 5 plus million dollar cap room, thank you very much.

9) I know, Schobel had no sacks today, but he was back in pass coverage in our stupid defensive system, and was making tackles on running plays. AS can play.

10) CV had one of his rare decent games this season. I think that Eric Setterstrom of  U Minn. could easily surpass the output/performance of CV. He too (imo) is done.

11) Last but not least....MaGahee is a very good back. He gave it his all today and was imo very, very good. He can SEE the few holes that do exist ala Thurman. MaGahee is an extremely talented player. Case closed.

12) OK, I lied; one more thing.... Jason Peters kicked ass today. I am liking him more each week.

GO TBD!!!!!!!!!!GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

547170[/snapback]

Nice observations. I think Milloy should go. He has not been able to adequately cover any one for years. Whan a good qb needs to complete a pass they normally zero in on Milloy or Fletcher (I don't mean this as a huge knock on Fletcher, but he is a little weak in coverage).

Watched the entire game ... wondered what new and interesting ways the Bills would find to lose ... which they did ...

What I learned today :

1) We wasted another chance for Losman to grow ...

2) Kelly is a backup at best - seems to go to the primary receiver time and time again no matter how he is covered

3) We lack a quality running back - who can stay in the game for all 3 downs - I am not impressed WM has over 100 yards - its pitafull he is seldom in on 3rd downs - can't he block or catch?

4) Peters is a beast - I watched he closely for a lot of the game - his man never beat him - he pushes him right out of the play

5) Play calling is either awful - or its being changed at the line - as they continue to throw 3 yard passed on 3rd and eight

6) Special teams is human - for all their great play can't blame them for the lose - defence is contantly beat and offence can'tscore

7) Bills have better fans - did you see all those empty seats in the largest city in America !

8) We saw a typical Sam Atams gane - 3 takles - 2 sacks - all in teh first 6 minutes - its showed he had 16 tackles for the year - boy ! 1 a game !!

Hard to even list the places to work on - also hard to see who stays and goes. I know people want to clean house but I think the D needs some small changes not wholesale while the biggest problem for the offense is the line and play calling that uses the skills the team has better.

All in all a sad season to watch ... not sure who to rut for in the playoffs .. maybe Seattle ... someone having a good year that is a big underdog .. will at least be use to rooting for an underdog !!

Have a good new year !

4) KH is not the long term answer and they need to bring in a 3rd QB in the offseason or trade for one that can compete for #1

5) DOn't think you can write off JP yet. He's proven that he's not some wonderkid that can come in ala Brady, Big Ben, etc... but he has not proven that he will be a bust yet.

11) Disagree with you completely about McGahee. Trade him right now while you can still get some value. RB is the easiest position to fill (although i agree a guy like Reggie Bush is an awesome...rare.. talent and should be the #1 pick). It's tiresome to hear about the O-line every year. I agree they are sub-par but just like some QB's make a bad line look good, some RB's do the same. Willis cannot. He's not good at creating holes where they ain't and now that teams are gameplanning against him he's useless in the red zone. Get rid of him if you can get a good draft pick.

11) Disagree with you completely about McGahee.  Trade him right now while you can still get some value. RB is the easiest position to fill (although i agree a guy like Reggie Bush is an awesome...rare.. talent and should be the #1 pick).  It's tiresome to hear about the O-line every year.  I agree they are sub-par but just like some QB's make a bad line look good, some RB's do the same.  Willis cannot.  He's not good at creating holes where they ain't and now that teams are gameplanning against him he's useless in the red zone.  Get rid of him if you can get a good draft pick.

547243[/snapback]

Are you old enough to know of a player named Larry Czonka?

He was a 239 lb. horse of a running back for the superbowl Dolphins. He played on a great team with a great offensive line. He, because he was following the likes of Larry Little and Bob Kuchenberg, was an absolute star. He would push the pile on virtually every carry. On goal line runs, he was next to impossible to keep out of the endzone.

Free agency was new in those days. Czonka was signed by the Giants as a UFA, and he was terrible. He had no blockng and could do nothing when left to his own devices. His career didn't last much longer.

My point is that if WM was a Steeler of Chief, he would be on the ESPN highlights every week. IMO it is a big mistake to think that WM is anything close to what is wrong with this football team. Moreover, he (imo) represents one of the few bright spots. That said, nothing will matter until the Bills can block and tackle people at the line of scrimage.

Nothing.

547170[/snapback]

You really hit the nail on the head there. Gray didn't have Gregggg or Dicky telling him what to do, and teams figured him out pretty quickly. Gray had no answers.

I'm hoping to see at least new O and D coordinators.

547170[/snapback]

Maybe I'm grasping here, but is anyone else just a bit puzzled by the all-of-a-sudden great game by McGahee on the last game of the year after almost half a season of mailing it in? If you call me nuts I won't get offended, but it just seems to smell a bit to me. Smells a bit like Rosenhaus.

Maybe I'm grasping here, but is anyone else just a bit puzzled by the all-of-a-sudden great game by McGahee on the last game of the year after almost half a season of mailing it in?  If you call me nuts I won't get offended, but it just seems to smell a bit to me.  Smells a bit like Rosenhaus.

547455[/snapback]

After week 4, MM complained publicly that Willis was bouncing runs to the outside, instead of following his blocks.. some here even said MM "called out Willis".. Today, it seemed like Willis decided what MM wanted may not matter anymore..

Maybe I'm grasping here, but is anyone else just a bit puzzled by the all-of-a-sudden great game by McGahee on the last game of the year after almost half a season of mailing it in?  If you call me nuts I won't get offended, but it just seems to smell a bit to me.  Smells a bit like Rosenhaus.

547455[/snapback]

And we know what that smells like :lol:

2) It was Greer who didnt cover his lane and missed a tackle on that return....Reed was just blocked out....

547481[/snapback]

And Peters get absolutely no push in the running game. So who cares if he has the foot speed to block quick DE's and LB's as a RT he has to run block also. And he is terrible at it.

What ?

547506[/snapback]

Do what I do. Just change all VA's doeses to doesn'ts, and bads to goods, and get rid of hims to sign him at all costs, no push to great push, terribles to terrifics, nevers to always, etc., and you get a pretty good read on the team and league and game.

Is that all?  ;)  0:)

547491[/snapback]

Well if you've played football before, you'd know maintaining your lane is the most important thing on special teams(and of course making the tackle) which Greer didnt do either of....

To blame Reed(im guessing its the hate against him) on that return is just stupid....

And Peters get absolutely no push in the running game.  So who cares if he has the foot speed to block quick DE's and LB's as a RT he  has to run block also.  And he is terrible at it.

547493[/snapback]

I was at the game and I disagree with this. I'm not fan of Jason Peters but I think today was one of his better games run blocking since he's been playing rt. I still think he'd be better off in a jason dunn type blocking te role.

Definitely agree Moulds is not a 10.65 guy, but I think if we get rid of him, we become the converse of the Peerless Price situation. Neither Evans or Parrish are the strong over-the-middle, tough third-down guys which Moulds still is that draws the extra coverage. My guess, however, is he wants to win now, so he won't renegotiate his deal at all and force the Bills to cut him.

547170[/snapback]

I disagree with this, I noticed at the game The Jets consistently rolled coverage towards moulds. Evans was in 1 on 1 situations with justin miller most of the time, and we didn't even attempt to take advantage of this. Moulds still gets the respect of defenses. Yeah he doesn't have the speed he used to, but it's not gonna be easy to replace him, losing moulds will mean parrish and evans as our wr's unless everett turns out to be the next antonio gates this won't be a good thing. He's not worth 10.6 million, but he's still the best receiver on this team by a long shot.

I disagree with this, I noticed at the game  The Jets consistently rolled coverage towards moulds.  Evans was in 1 on 1 situations with justin miller most of the time, and we didn't even attempt to take advantage of this.  Moulds still gets the respect of defenses.  Yeah he doesn't have the speed he used to, but it's not gonna be easy to replace him,  losing moulds will mean parrish and evans as our wr's unless everett turns out to be the next antonio gates this won't be a good thing.  He's not worth 10.6  million, but he's still the best receiver on this team by a long shot.

547550[/snapback]

I agree....Evans had a lot of chances but unfortunately Holcomb doesnt have the arm to make those throws....That first INT was just embaressing severely underthrown...

I disagree with this, I noticed at the game  The Jets consistently rolled coverage towards moulds.  Evans was in 1 on 1 situations with justin miller most of the time, and we didn't even attempt to take advantage of this.  Moulds still gets the respect of defenses.  Yeah he doesn't have the speed he used to, but it's not gonna be easy to replace him,  losing moulds will mean parrish and evans as our wr's unless everett turns out to be the next antonio gates this won't be a good thing.  He's not worth 10.6  million, but he's still the best receiver on this team by a long shot.

547550[/snapback]

Moulds is, arguably, the only reason the current Bills have a passing game at all. I mean the Bills QB, pass blocking, TE, and backs make opponents laugh and not cower in fear. I have serious doubts that Reed or Parrish can step in and replace Eric Moulds, even in decline.

The cap number can be fixed with a new deal. Tom Donahoe's approach is to cut veterans loose, but it seems crystal clear that Tom "Sign Gestapo" Donahoe won't be around long enough to dump Eric too.

I didn't see the game, but boy was I glad to see 4 INTs for Holcomb. He is a backup, and I'm very disappointed that MM thought finishing 5-11 with so much playing time for a useless backup instead of a talented maybe-future has us in a bad place for next year. I know Ralph will keep MM around, so I had resigned myself to trying to start liking him, but boy does the Holcomb stuff make that hard. Losman has to be a complete bust forever for MM to not have been an idiot this year, and I'm really hoping Losman will not be a bust.

And Peters get absolutely no push in the running game.  So who cares if he has the foot speed to block quick DE's and LB's as a RT he  has to run block also.  And he is terrible at it.

547493[/snapback]

He had plenty of push on run plays, and he just gets better and better on pass plays. I don't know what you were looking at VA.

The kid can play.

547170[/snapback]

Not that you were one of them, but just a couple days ago people filled this board with comments that KH gives this team the best chance to win. What a difference a game makes.

Anyone who blames this loss on coaching hasn't a clue. 14 points off of 4 INTs and a special team TD is all about bad execution.

3) OK, I'll say it.....I would like to keep Milloy (at a reduced salary) for one more season. If  we are to dump a safety, make it Vincent.

5) Speaking of qb, I have very little faith in JP. I confess that I don't like him, nor have I ever. I thought that the trade for him was just idiotic then, and I haven't changed my mind. In summary.....the Bills have no qb imo.  ;)

10) CV had one of his rare decent games this season. I think that Eric Setterstrom of  U Minn. could easily surpass the output/performance of CV. He too (imo) is done.

547170[/snapback]

I agree with a lot of your post except #8. I don't think our offense is as effective without Moulds there. With McGahee, Evans, and Moulds, that is a group I'd be happy with. Each week Moulds continues to make plays. Who is going to be a reliable wide receiver for the Bills? Evans is good, but Moulds is still our #1 guy. Hopefully he'll be around next season.

Are you old enough to know of a player named Larry Czonka?

He was a 239 lb. horse of a running back for the superbowl Dolphins. He played on a great team with a great offensive line. He, because he was following the likes of Larry Little and Bob Kuchenberg, was an absolute star. He would push the pile on virtually every carry. On goal line runs, he was next to impossible to keep out of the endzone.

Free agency was new in those days. Czonka was signed by the Giants as a UFA, and he was terrible. He had no blockng and could do nothing when left to his own devices. His career didn't last much longer.

My point is that if WM was a Steeler of Chief, he would be on the ESPN highlights every week. IMO it is a big mistake to think that WM is anything close to what is wrong with this football team. Moreover, he (imo) represents one of the few bright spots. That said, nothing will matter until the Bills can block and tackle people at the line of scrimage.

Nothing.

547399[/snapback]

Dude, i was going to games at the old Rockpile with my grandfather. Yes, i know who Czonka was,,,,i watched him live. Today, Czonka would not even be allowed on the field with these athletes. But yes, i get your point and respect your opinion. I just disagree. Last year Willis sorta came out of nowhere with his power and nose for the end zone. AFter a year or so of film teams have now decided to shut him down seeing as he is the Bills' main threat. I can't even count how many carries WIllis had inside the 10 this year where he made nothing happen. DId you watch Portis today or the last several week? No comparison,,,,Portis has speed, burst, power, determination and makes holes where there aren't any. Willis ran well today but I'm just not a huge fan. I'd rather have Lamont JOrdan or someone like that. THere are many good RB's out there.

Do what I do. Just change all VA's doeses to doesn'ts, and bads to goods, and get rid of hims to sign him at all costs, no push to great push, terribles to terrifics, nevers to always, etc., and you get a pretty good read on the team and league and game.

547515[/snapback]

;)0:):lol: