Favorite Christmas Present?

I had 3 as I indicated in a previous thread.

1.) My youngest POOJER bought me a "DAD" coffee mug that he picked out all by himself. He was so proud of it!

2.) My Wife had her and the kids pictures taken wearing my Goodwill special shirts, it is an awesome picture.

3.) A buddy of mine got me Graham Champmans "Looks like another Brown Trouser Job" DVD. It was a college lecture tour he did back in 88, that said buddy and I attended at Syracuse University.

New Prince of Persia game . . . love the series!

Having out of town family stay with and party it up over Christmas weekend! Love watching the Christmas Story marathon throwing back a lot of great micro brews! The more beer, the funnier that movie gets . . . :lol:

DVD's galore

A Thumb To The Eye - The Scientific Art of Pro Wrestling

Home and Gardens' World of Quilting

This Old Trailer - Season 1

Tom Arnold - Live at Buddakon

Al Sharpton - For Sale

543900[/snapback]

Man I sure would have loved to get a copy of "This Old Trailer Season 1". No one ever gets me anything cool. :lol:

My wife framed a photo she took at some point of me on the couch, coffee by my side, reading the Sunday sports section and my son sitting on the floor by my feet, bottle by his side, ripping apart all the Sunday circulars. It honestly looks like we're hanging out reading the paper together. I absolutely love it.

Nintendo DS with Animal Crossing: Wild World and Mario Kart DS...I can't believe something that looks like it was made for a 10 year old can be so addicting and fun.

Ooh...and a pair of Mechanix Cold Weather gloves...the regular ones don't keep your hands warm on the cold PA nights.

Sirius Radio. Already love it. 5 Channels of Country! Woo Hoo!

Also, I must say that it is strange to hear the f--- word for the first few times on radio. But, the comedy channels do have some awesome stuff on them!

Also, not even true presents, but my friend asked if I wanted to go to this friday's game, center ice, 13 rows up! And when I went to my grandma's house, she mentioned how she won "Jingo" (apparently some Bingo inspired game in the Buffalo News) and won two 100 level tickets for a Feb game. She asked if I wanted them! (of COURSE I want them!) SWEET!!!

Sirius Radio. Already love it. 5 Channels of Country! Woo Hoo!

Also, I must say that it is strange to hear the f--- word for the first few times on radio. But, the comedy channels do have some awesome stuff on them!

544316[/snapback]

I also received a Sirius Radio...already love Sirius 8 (all 80s) and 23 (Hair Nation -- hair bands from the 80s).

And yes, the f-word on the radio is strange...but I was listening to Larry the Cable Guy this morning on Laugh Break (Ch. 105), as well as Steven Wright ("I put Spot remover on my dog...and now he's gone"), followed by the "Stonecutters" song from the Simpsons.

Great stuff on Sirius...I also got a portable DVD player. I don't have to watch regular TV or listen to commercial radio anymore if I want to. :lol:

Mike

Money

Never quite big enough, but always the right color. And its no hassle to get it thru airport security. my last 3 flights, 1 last year and both this year, i was the lucky schmuck who got randomly selected for "extra" screening. i think next year i'm gonna leave a pair of dirty boxers and some rotten stinkin gym socks in my carry on to extract a little bit of revenge. maybe throw in a couple dvds of movies where planes crash or get hijacked just to mess with their heads

TSA = RJ

Wife got me a wine decanter.  Broke it in with good friends with a 1985 Calem Port on Christmas Eve.  Life is grand. :lol:

544047[/snapback]

I got a wine decanter too. My brother is a chef and his girl is very knowledgable about wines. My brother cooked up a 8 course meal with different wines for each part-Check out our Christmas wine list Chef-

Pinot Grigio

Chardonnay

2 1993 Syrahs

2000 Bordeaux

96 Bordeaux

99 Barolo

.....then some Veuve Cliquot with our valrhona chocolate souffles

I thought you might appreciate that Chef Jim

My wife.....God Bless her....is a terrible Christmas gift buyer.

But I will say she did get me a $20.00 Gift Card to Barnes & Noble and that was my favorite gift.  I used it to buy the David McCullough book "1776".

543873[/snapback]

I just read that book this summer; on a related note I also attended a session sponsored by a local library that focused on 'Rhetoric and Rhetoricians' with Andrew Jackson being a focus.

Pretty interesting viewpoint and post-talk discussion.

You will enjoy the book.