How about this candidate for GM?

Bflojohn

I've always thought that Mel Kiper, Jr. has had the itch to ply his knowledge at the General Managers level in the National Football League. Is now the time to give him his shot at building a franchise through the draft and free agency? I don't know if he is considered an outsider by league people, but who cares if he's capable of bringing a winner to Buffalo or another team. The final thought I have about Mel is that he has enough of a "chip-on-the-shoulder" mentality, that it's now too far fetched to think that he could succeed.

I've always thought that Mel Kiper, Jr. has had the itch to ply his knowledge at the General Managers level in the National Football League. Is now the time to give him his shot at building a franchise through the draft and free agency? I don't know if he is considered an outsider by league people, but who cares if he's capable of bringing a winner to Buffalo or another team. The final thought I have about Mel is that he has enough of a "chip-on-the-shoulder" mentality, that it's now too far fetched to think that he could succeed.

540468[/snapback]

Is it 4/1 already? :D

540468[/snapback]

Oh God, you CAN'T be serious!!!

Mel Kiper on Mike Williams:

He is a great pass blocker and is exceptional at sustaining blocks as a run blocker. He is nimble at 375 pounds, often getting downfield to help spring running backs for large gains. He has enough polish to step in and be an immediate starter and anchor on the Bills' offensive line. Mike Williams at the forefront of players we

will remember 10 years from now.

If Tom Donahoe is an idiot for drafting him, what does that make Kiper?

PTR

540468[/snapback]

No way do I take him over Tom Donahoe! Never, ever, ever

540468[/snapback]

I nominate this for the stupidest post ever.

I nominate this for the stupidest post ever.

540613[/snapback]

No. Not as stupid as others saying that the Bills are trying to loose, so TD can move the team out of Buffalo.

That being said, Joel Giambra could do a better job as GM than Mel Jr.

540468[/snapback]

Great, then we can get the "other" hair guy....Jimmy Johnson and we'll have the market cornered on lacquer heads.....

Maybe they can teach the players how to properly build a "hair" helmet (once most of them grow some hair), and we can cut back on our equipment costs....

The Bills have become a terrific training ground for anyone trying to advance themselves in the NFL ranks. We break in new coaches all the time! Lets give him a shot.

Do you think in 5 years Mel would produce a losing franchise?

Well, then he's qualified.

Now if we could only snatch up Matt Millen as ass't GM!

That being said, Joel Giambra could do a better job as GM than Mel Jr.

540615[/snapback]

Joel Giambra would attempt to regionalize management to reduce duplication. He might suggest that Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo could have the same management team and scouting department. That way it would save money for the owners.

Oh God, you CAN'T be serious!!!

Mel Kiper on Mike Williams:

He is a great pass blocker and is exceptional at sustaining blocks as a run blocker. He is nimble at 375 pounds, often getting downfield to help spring running backs for large gains. He has enough polish to step in and be an immediate starter and anchor on the Bills' offensive line. Mike Williams at the forefront of players we

will remember 10 years from now.

PTR

540572[/snapback]

Actually, Kiper's prediction was accurate - except for the first two sentences.