Tell me why we punted from their 33 in the

realtruelove

from their 33.  Pathetic.  And then to top it off he punts off a gimmick formation with the placekicker in the game.

Who is he kidding.  Mularkey must be fired.

535546[/snapback]

Yeah, but we really tricked 'em, didn't we?

Yeah, but we really tricked 'em, didn't we?

535595[/snapback]

I was watching the game with a friend (non-Bills fan) and he was baffled by this. He was wondering what possible benefit there is to fooling the other team on a pooch punt. Either it's a good punt and you can pin the other team deep, or it's a touchback. Why not have your punter do it? It is his job. Basically Mularkey selected the worst possible option out of the many possibilities.

from their 33.  Pathetic.  And then to top it off he punts off a gimmick formation with the placekicker in the game.

Who is he kidding.  Mularkey must be fired.

535546[/snapback]

Cuz the kicker can't make a 50 yarder. On the home turf! <_<

For God's sake, it was 4th and 8 and it was still early in the game (the Bills were still leading 7-0 at the time, too).

I'm not high on Mularkey these days, either, but we can't jump on him for a conservative call at the beginning of the 2nd quarter in a game they were leading at the time.

Sheesh.

If the Bills would have pinned Denver inside the 5, the Broncos just would have went on a 98 yard, 17 play drive and scored a TD- just like they did on long drives three times in the 2nd half. A 4-9 record doesn't lend itself to conservative plays or trick plays at any point in a game. Why not go for the end zone? Worst thing that happens is it's picked off. They gained 13 yards on a quick kick. Big F'in deal.

For God's sake, it was 4th and 8 and it was still early in the game (the Bills were still leading 7-0 at the time, too).

I'm not high on Mularkey these days, either, but we can't jump on him for a conservative call at the beginning of the 2nd quarter in a game they were leading at the time.

Sheesh.

535672[/snapback]

Just another example of French Mike running up the white flag and sending his team losing messages.

Very weak indeed. Maybe if you've got the 85 Bears defense, you can get away with those kind of moves. <_<

535562[/snapback]

Actually I don't mind the playcall. With the icy field conditions I don't think there's anyway of kicking a FG and with Kelly "check down" Holcomb in the game the 4th down play would have ended up way short of the first down. Moorman is to be blamed for booting it into the endzone. Whatever happened to kickers kicking the ball out of bounds?

Actually I don't mind the playcall.  With the icy field conditions I don't think there's anyway of kicking a FG and with Kelly "check down" Holcomb in the game the 4th down play would have ended up way short of the first down.  Moorman is to be blamed for booting it into the endzone.  Whatever happened to kickers kicking the ball out of bounds?

535716[/snapback]

You think just like Mularkey and Greg Williams.

And another thing. If we would have actually lined up in punt formation, Denver might have had a return man back. AND maybe that return man would have made a fair catch of the ball between the 10 and 20 or possibly muffed it. BUT NO, we line up in field goal position so the ball can roll into the end zone.

What possible advantange does that give us? That is the kind of stupid call that a dumb high school coach makes. The sad thing is that Mularkey would probably defend that call.

I remember the GW call v. New England 3 years ago. I was as upset as I've ever been at a coach for a gutless call. It was 4th and 2 from the 31 and he punted. 12 yard punt as I recall.

They were tied for first with New England at the time of that debacle.

The reason I wasn't as upset this year is that the Bills stink, and I don't care that much about them right now. The reason I don't care that much is that the players don't seem to care that much.

I also find it disgusting when MM approaches the refs with 5 minutes left, and he's got a big, goofy grin on his face, challenging a spot that was clearly a first down. Was he joking?