Moulds Appreciation Thread

ofiba

This guy took stayed in Buffalo when he could have hit the open market for more money. He is a team player and a Buffalo Bill through thick and thin. I wish we had 53 Eric Moulds on this team and 0 Mike Mularkeys. If Eric is upset, something must be wrong. If you can put up with Rob Johnson and keep quiet, you can put up with just about anything.

Here's to the most loyal Bill we've had in the past 10 years. Fight the power Eric!

Edit: If this isn't proof, I don't know what is.

AFTERWARD Moulds noted, “I don’t know if the other guys quit on the play, but I was always taught when I came here with Marv Levy that you don’t stop fighting.

“Guys like Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith always showed me that you don’t stop no matter what the score is because that uniform you’ve got on is bigger than your name.”

He added, “I don’t know if guys realize that. Maybe I did a poor job of letting them know that. I think I have to bring up the fact that there were great players here that played before (them) and (they)’ve got to respect those uniforms.”

Look, do I like the guy and feel badly for him? Yes. But he's been sensing his own football mortality, and as a result, he has gotten impatient this year. I don't want him to be suspended, and I would like him to suck it up and give it his best the rest of the year. I don't want this to be the way he ends his Bills career.

Thank you eric moulds for being our 1st rd pick in 1996 #24 overall out of mississippi state

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a career dolphin killer

vs Miami 69 1145 57.3 16.6 80 6.5 42 11

Thank you Eric Moulds for patiently waiting your turn to finally start here, and producing when given that 1st real shot

1998 buf | 16 | 67 1368 20.4 9

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a mentor to last years #1 pick Lee Evans and taking him under your wing, as you have also done for the other wr's on our roster including..... josh reed, sam aiken, roscoe parrish

Thank you Eric Moulds for 10 years of football memories as a member of the BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!.....

LONG LIVE #80!!!!!!

This guy took stayed in Buffalo when he could have hit the open market for more money.  He is a team player and a Buffalo Bill through thick and thin.  I wish we had 53 Eric Moulds on this team and 0 Mike Mularkeys.  If Eric is upset, something must be wrong.  If you can put up with Rob Johnson and keep quite, you can put up with just about anything. 

Here's to the most loyal Bill we've had in the past 10 years.  Fight the power Eric!

523586[/snapback]

Trade Moulds now.

This guy took stayed in Buffalo when he could have hit the open market for more money.  He is a team player and a Buffalo Bill through thick and thin.  I wish we had 53 Eric Moulds on this team and 0 Mike Mularkeys.  If Eric is upset, something must be wrong.  If you can put up with Rob Johnson and keep quiet, you can put up with just about anything. 

Here's to the most loyal Bill we've had in the past 10 years.  Fight the power Eric!

523586[/snapback]

I really like EM and want him to stay, albeit at a reduced cost. However, everybody on here keeps talking about how he took less money to stay in Buffalo. That is pure BS.Here is the list of the top WR deals over the last four years. See any bonuses HIGHER than EM, okay one. But his deal was done FOUR years ago. Look at either the first three years or total comp and EM is still one of the top five paid WRs, and his deal is four years old.

Like I said , God Bless EM and I wish him well if he is here or somewhere else, but stop with the suggestions he was loyal and stayed here with a hometown discount. My gut tells me if he hit the open market, we would have gotten him for less.

Derrick Mason — Five years, $20 million, $7 million SB (signed in February 2005)

Chad Johnson — Five years, $25 million, $10.5 million-$12 million SB (Nov. 13, 2003)

Joe Horn — Six years, $42 million, $8 million in bonuses (May 2005)

Torry Holt — Seven years, $42 million, $12.5 million SB (July 18, 2003)

Muhsin Muhammad — Six years, $30 million, $10 million SB (February 2005)

Laveranues Coles — Five years, $35 million, $13 million SB (March 2003)

Javon Walker — Six years, $9.5 million, $3 million SB (July 23, 2002)

Isaac Bruce — Seven years, $42 million, $7 million SB (2000)

Eric Moulds — Six years, $40 million, $12.5 million SB (January 2001)

Darrell Jackson — Six years, $25 million, $8 million SB (March 8, 2004)

Marvin Harrison — Seven years, $67 million, $13 million bonuses (November 2004)

Terrell Owens — Seven years, $48 million, $8.5 million SB (March 2004)

Eric Moulds has been a great Buffalo Bill.

I have more loyalty to him than MM and the others.

This is going to backfire on MM with the fans, current player, and future FAs (IF MM is here past this season).

I really like EM and want him to stay, albeit at a reduced cost. However, everybody on here keeps talking about how he took less money to stay in Buffalo. That is pure BS.Here is the list of the top WR deals over the last four years. See any bonuses HIGHER than EM, okay one. But his deal was done FOUR years ago. Look at either the first three years or total comp and EM is still one of the top five paid WRs, and his deal is four years old. 

Like I said , God Bless EM and I wish him well if he is here or somewhere else, but stop with the suggestions he was loyal and stayed here with a hometown discount. My gut tells me if he hit the open market, we would have gotten him for less.

Derrick Mason — Five years, $20 million, $7 million SB (signed in February 2005)

Chad Johnson — Five years, $25 million, $10.5 million-$12 million SB (Nov. 13, 2003)

Joe Horn — Six years, $42 million, $8 million in bonuses (May 2005)

Torry Holt — Seven years, $42 million, $12.5 million SB (July 18, 2003)

Muhsin Muhammad — Six years, $30 million, $10 million SB (February 2005)

Laveranues Coles — Five years, $35 million, $13 million SB (March 2003)

Javon Walker — Six years, $9.5 million, $3 million SB (July 23, 2002)

Isaac Bruce — Seven years, $42 million, $7 million SB (2000)

Eric Moulds — Six years, $40 million, $12.5 million SB (January 2001)

Darrell Jackson — Six years, $25 million, $8 million SB (March 8, 2004)

Marvin Harrison — Seven years, $67 million, $13 million bonuses (November 2004)

Terrell Owens — Seven years, $48 million, $8.5 million SB (March 2004)

523656[/snapback]

Great post! Moulds stayed here because he received a kings ransom, not because his loyalty to the Bills blinded him.

Has he got the short end of the stick in terms of QB's, numerous coaching staff changes, bad teams,etc.. throughout his career? YES, but so have a lot of other players. That's the hand he was dealt. If he is now bitter as he nears the end of his career and wants to be a disruptive force in the locker room, get rid of him ASAP!

Eric Moulds has been a great Buffalo Bill.

I have more loyalty to him than MM and the others. 

This is going to backfire on MM with the fans, current player, and future FAs (IF MM is here past this season).

523661[/snapback]

Yep. LONG LIVE ERIC MOULDS!!!! B-) Screw Mike Mularkey.

I was actually about to start one of these.

Please remember that Moulds had an offer from the Titans in 2000, a 6 year $60 million dollar deal, and he elected to stay in Buffalo. If someone asked me to move to Tennessee for $20 mil, I would faster than you can blink an eye.

False.

Philadelphia was willing to offer significantly more. McNabb and Hugh Douglas took lobbied hard for him to join their squad in Hawaii... but Moulds never got to that point and took a fair market deal to stay in Buffalo.

He could have easilly left for more.. perhaps not a TON more, but it was a significant amount of up-front money that Philadephia was willing to offer him. That said, he has been very well compensated as a Buffalo Bill.

Great post!  Moulds stayed here because he received a kings ransom, not because his loyalty to the Bills blinded him.

523698[/snapback]

False.

Philadelphia was willing to offer significantly more.  McNabb and Hugh Douglas took lobbied hard for him to join their squad in Hawaii... but Moulds never got to that point and took a fair market deal to stay in Buffalo.

He could have easilly left for more.. perhaps not a TON more, but it was a significant amount of up-front money that Philadephia was willing to offer him.  That said, he has been very well compensated as a Buffalo Bill.

523753[/snapback]

Not to get in a pissing match, but floating rumors that a team might want to talk to a guy when he becomes a FA is not the same as offering large jack. I mean crimminy, Hines Ward just signed for 5 years, $25M,$(5M per) with a $9M signing bonus. Again, this was FOUR years after Eric signed for 6 years $40M(almost $7M per) with a $12M bonus.

You know, in a way we should have seen this as the first indication that TD favored the skill positions over the line positions. I know Wiley has faded , but back then he was highly sought DE, and TD decided the WR was more important than the DE.

Thank you eric moulds  for being our 1st rd pick in 1996 #24 overall out of mississippi state

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a career dolphin killer

vs Miami    69 1145 57.3 16.6 80 6.5 42 11

Thank you Eric Moulds for patiently waiting your turn to finally start here, and producing when given that 1st real shot

1998 buf |  16 |  67  1368  20.4    9

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a mentor to last years #1 pick Lee Evans and taking him under your wing, as you have also done for the other wr's on our roster including..... josh reed, sam aiken, roscoe parrish

Thank you Eric Moulds for 10 years of football memories as a member of the BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!.....

LONG LIVE #80!!!!!!

523605[/snapback]

Ditto.....he was the 80 for Thailog

You know, in a way we should have seen this as the first indication that TD favored the skill positions over the line positions. I know Wiley has faded , but back then he was highly sought DE, and TD decided the WR was more important than the DE.

523821[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but I think that was a Butler move, and a good one at that.

I could be wrong, but I think that was a Butler move, and a good one at that.

523886[/snapback]

TD decision all the way. Wiley and Moaulds were both set to become UFA's , and TD locked up Moulds and let Wiley walk, and Butler `promptly signed him in San Diego, along with Sam rodgers, Holocek, and Flutie

TD decision all the way. Wiley and Moaulds were both set to become UFA's , and TD locked up Moulds and let Wiley walk, and Butler `promptly signed him in San Diego, along with Sam rodgers, Holocek, and Flutie

523908[/snapback]

You're right, my mistake. Still the right call by TD though.

its about friggin time a thread like this was started!

i dont understand these friggin' people. how quickly they forget.....same with henry a year or two ago.

moulds was nothing but loyal to the bills, and he deserves better and he'll get it.

better believe if we have to face him he will shread us.

You're right, my mistake.  Still the right call by TD though.

523931[/snapback]

Thought at the time as well, and now with Wiley being a bust except for his first year, looks that way in hindsight as well. But like I said, that should have been our first clue as to how TD would build this team from the outside in, instaed of the other way around.

But like I said, I am still a big EM fan.

What people don't seem to understand is that it is perfectly possible for a player like Eric Moulds to be the consummate Bills player for 9-10 years, sacrifice his body and soul for the team, be a great guy and teammate, and NOW when he is no longer the star and everyone's darling, has become a selfish prick detrimental to the team. They are not at all mutually exclusive and should not be treated that way.

What people don't seem to understand is that it is perfectly possible for a player like Eric Moulds to be the consummate Bills player for 9-10 years, sacrifice his body and soul for the team, be a great guy and teammate, and NOW when he is no longer the star and everyone's darling, has become a selfish prick detrimental to the team. They are not at all mutually exclusive and should not be treated that way.

523952[/snapback]

Did you listen to his press conference after the game? He wasn't complaining about not getting the ball. He said we should have been grinding out the clock instead of messing around in spread formations. He didn't want the ball. He wanted the win. He knows dumb playcalling just like the rest of us, and he let it be known Mularkely blew the game. Mularkey doesn't want to be called out by his player, so he tries to make Moulds out to be the bad guy. I just hope the fans don't buy it.

Did you listen to his press conference after the game?  He wasn't complaining about not getting the ball.  He said we should have been grinding out the clock instead of messing around in spread formations.  He didn't want the ball.  He wanted the win.  He knows dumb playcalling just like the rest of us, and he let it be known Mularkely blew the game.  Mularkey doesn't want to be called out by his player, so he tries to make Moulds out to be the bad guy.  I just hope the fans don't buy it.

523967[/snapback]

I was referring to the reports that he took himself out of the game and refused to go back in. Do you really think, honestly, that MM wants to suspend Moulds for no reason? That it was just because Moulds said we should have run the ball more? That's just ridiculous. He took himself out of the game. When we were winning 21-0.

I was listening to Shredd and Regan this morning and one of them made a great point. The Bills were up 21-0 and Lee Evans had 3 tds. Then Moulds leaves the game and they don't score. Do you think thefact that Moulds has killed the Dolphins so much in thepast had anything to do with Evans' success??? I'm guessing yes. I love Evans and think he is going to be a great wr for a long time. But he will not be nearly the player if he is forced to draw double teams. No other wr on our roster strikes fear in our opponents. Moulds deserves to finish his career as a Bill and can still be a very productive player (albeit at a lower rate). I understand you can't show up the coach, but I think MM is totally handling this the wrong way. Moulds has been stand up in the whole situation. My trust in MM is going quickly down the drain. He calls a goalline pass at the 1 up 21-0 with our supposed franchinse rb and then decides to suspend arguably our team leader. Smooth move Mike. B-)

Moulds has been my favorite player on the team since Jimbo retired. He was never any kind of disruption until MM and TC got hold of the team.....Screw Mularkey!

523952[/snapback]

I get it. Great post. Goodbye Eric.

I was referring to the reports that he took himself out of the game and refused to go back in. Do you really think, honestly, that MM wants to suspend Moulds for no reason? That it was just because Moulds said we should have run the ball more? That's just ridiculous. He took himself out of the game. When we were winning 21-0.

523973[/snapback]

Perhaps, but given the fact that MM has made it common practice to alienate many of his players I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt over Moulds.

I have no doubt that Moulds is, most likely, at least equally at fault in whatever transpired here. But trying to suspend a guy that's been here 10 years for part of his last four games in a Bills uniform (and his second to last home game) is just wrong. MM has no clue how to manage players and it’s becoming more obvious over time. It seems like every single week the guy is having problems with a different player.

Perhaps, but given the fact that MM has made it common practice to alienate many of his players I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt over Moulds. 

I have no doubt that Moulds is, most likely, at least equally at fault in whatever transpired here.  But trying to suspend a guy that's been here 10 years for part of his last four games in a Bills uniform (and his second to last home game) is just wrong.  MM has no clue how to manage players and it’s becoming more obvious over time.  It seems like every single week the guy is having problems with a different player.

524063[/snapback]

Adams? Who has been known as a problem player (as far as being on his own agenda) his entire career? Who else? Bobby Shaw, who wasn't good enough to be on the team with Josh Reed and Sam Aiken as his main competition and who is out of the league now I think? Just who is it that he is having problems with? He was a tough player in this league. He knows players. He may be having a miserable year coaching but he's not going to be a petty prick to guys that did nothing to deserve it.

Adams? Who has been known as a problem player (as far as being on his own agenda) his entire career? Who else? Bobby Shaw, who wasn't good enough to be on the team with Josh Reed and Sam Aiken as his main competition and who is out of the league now I think? Just who is it that he is having problems with? He was a tough player in this league. He knows players. He may be having a miserable year coaching but he's not going to be a petty prick to guys that did nothing to deserve it.

524081[/snapback]

Here's the thing that I don't like about all of this. After the Miami game, Mularkey said Moulds took himself out of the game while Moulds said he was taken out of the game and at that point hadn't been told why. Then it was reported that Moulds was benched for not running his routes. If the latter is true, that would make Mularkey a liar.

Here's another thing. I think some of the fans are more on EM's side in all of this because he is that last link (albiet brief) to the Levy, Kelly, Thurman days. He's arguably the second greatest WR in Bills history (he definitely is statistically speaking) and he's been here for many years and had never, ever, ever caused a disturbance like this with Levy, Phillips or Williams.

524081[/snapback]

Yeah, he "knows" players so well that he's had three very public spats with players this year. Getting into it with a player once a month in the press isn't going to win players over. The fans, and players, might accept this type of "coaching" if the guy produced results. But coming after some of the most pitiful 4th quarter playcalling I've ever seen I'm surprised there's anybody out there that will defend him.

Here's the thing that I don't like about all of this.  After the Miami game, Mularkey said Moulds took himself out of the game while Moulds said he was taken out of the game and at that point hadn't been told why.  Then it was reported that Moulds was benched for not running his routes.  If the latter is true, that would make Mularkey a liar. 

Here's another thing.  I think some of the fans are more on EM's side in all of this because he is that last link (albiet brief) to the Levy, Kelly, Thurman days.  He's arguably the second greatest WR in Bills history (he definitely is statistically speaking) and he's been here for many years and had never, ever, ever caused a disturbance like this with Levy, Phillips or Williams.

524091[/snapback]

Without taking the specific persons into account, meaning Moulds and Mularkey, do you believe in the history of sports there has ever been a case where a player was trying hard, and doing his job, and wanted to be on the field. And then was taken out of a game and spent the rest of the game on the sidelines. Then, after the game, the coach of that team went on record, in public, and just flat lied and said the player himself took himself out of the game? Out of nowhere? That is impossible to have happened. I don't care if you love Moulds and hate Mularkey, love Mularkey and Hate Moulds, love them both or hate them both, it is impossible that Mularkey just made that up. And that Moulds was just "shocked and confused" by the whole thing.

Without taking the specific persons into account, meaning Moulds and Mularkey, do you believe in the history of sports there has ever been a case where a player was trying hard, and doing his job, and wanted to be on the field. And then was taken out of a game and spent the rest of the game on the sidelines. Then, after the game, the coach of that team went on record, in public, and just flat lied and said the player himself took himself out of the game? Out of nowhere? That is impossible to have happened. I don't care if you love Moulds and hate Mularkey, love Mularkey and Hate Moulds, love them both or hate them both, it is impossible that Mularkey just made that up. And that Moulds was just "shocked and confused" by the whole thing.

524128[/snapback]

it was probably a little bit of both - i.e., "you're fired, no i quit."

Yeah, he "knows" players so well that he's had three very public spats with players this year.  Getting into it with a player once a month in the press isn't going to win players over.  The fans, and players, might accept this type of "coaching" if the guy produced results.  But coming after some of the most pitiful 4th quarter playcalling I've ever seen I'm surprised there's anybody out there that will defend him.

524119[/snapback]

His play-calling in the fourth quarter was pretty terrible. I am thoroughly disappointed in Mularkey this year and think he has flat out sucked. he's had a worse year than his terrible players. But because he calls shittty plays has zero bearing on whether he just suspends players for no reason. And again, I asked you to name any other player than Adams, who has been known to do this stuff and prides himself by bragging he doesn't try in practice. He's losing the team because they are losing games and everyone of them is frustrated as hell, like we are. Adams and Moulds, however, regardless of how great they have been in the past, have been a lot more vocal off the field than they've been productive on it.

524128[/snapback]

I think it's seems fairly likely, based on what I've read, that Mularkey pulled Moulds out of the game and after a few series when he went to put him back in Moulds refused, probably saying something along the lines of "if he thinks this team is better off without me then so be it". If this is the case then both of them are lying in a sense.