Wed. Buff News - Allen Wilson Reports..

Mark VI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is laughable.  Coughlin lost his team at Jacksonville, and Ditka at New Orleans.  Right now 90% of what is being posted on this board is hysterical.

523225[/snapback]

I looked up Ditka in NO, you're right, my bad.. thought it was lack of talent, but it was more than that.
His first year was marked by sideline tantrums, yanking players out of games and even a threat to quit, which he rescinded later. The Saints were 6-10 and 6-10 in Ditka's first two years.
3-13 in his last. Look at the assistants who got fired the same day:
The assistant coaches who also lost jobs Wednesday are offensive coordinator Danny Abarmowicz, defensive coordinator Zaven Yaralian, special teams coach Bobby April, quarterback coach Tom Clements, defensive line coach Walt Corey, wide receivers coach Harold Jackson, running backs coach Lary Kuharich, defensive coach Carlos Mainord, offensive line coach Bill Meyers, tight ends offensive line assistant Dan Neal, assistant head coach-linebackers coach Rick Venturi, offensive assistant Judd Garrett, offensive assistant Rodney Holman, defensive assistant Rickey Jackson, defensive assistant Ned James, strength coach Mike Woicik, and assistant strength coaches Markus Paul and Derek Brown.
:D

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Facts have no place on the retard rollercoaster.  Facts suck.

523251[/snapback]

dude my thoughts exactly alaska. i have no idea what all these tards on this board were seeing. you guys take a rumor and make it your opinion and jump the gun about moulds. geez and the fire that you have about throwing him under the bus. makes me wonder if you guys should check your blood pressure. GO BILLS!!!

MM should be suspended for playcalling detremental to the team.  He's a fool if he thinks he can get away with a TO type suspension.  I'd like to see him deposed for 6 hours like Andy Reid.  So Mr. Mularkey, why exactly did you call for a play action pass on 1st and goal from the 3? :D

523204[/snapback]

No one is above the game...neither the player nor the coach.....If Moulds took

plays off during the game to sulk (Plays off means not running his route....not

sitting on the bench).....If MM went overboard he should be fired....

Florio's Analysis

The bigger issue here, as we see it, is that this appears to be the first effort by an NFL team to capitalize on the T.O. arbitration ruling, which upheld a four-game unpaid suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.  But even though some league insiders believe that the Owens ruling swings the balance of power toward management, we think that the Owens outcome was a one-shot deal, which was driven largely by the fact that Owens intentionally embarked on a strategy of disruption in order to get more money from the Eagle, or to force a trade or release. 

Also, there was plenty of evidence in Owens' case of prior efforts to discipline him before the suspension was imposed.

Absent proof that Moulds has been turding it up for weeks and has received letters from Mularkey (presumably written in crayon) warning Moulds that he needs to shape up, any suspension of Moulds likely would be reduced to a fine, just as former arbitrator Richard Bloch had done in past cases involve acute episodes of allegedly detrimental conduct. 

I'm begining to agree with Sam Adam's agent when he said that the coach is trying to single out players to divert attention away from the real problem, coaching.

523319[/snapback]

Yep me too.

Is it any wonder that Moulds who never has been in trouble with this team and Sam Adams have all had problems with Mularky. Heck even Fletcher said some things need to change and if its management than so be it. Mularky can not handle coaching an NFL team. Its a joke and the players are voicing there opinons about it. I have no problem with that. I hope Ralph does show Moulds more respect than Mularkey. Because Mike is a joke. This is coming from someone who supported him coming into the season.

Yep me too.

Is it any wonder that Moulds who never has been in trouble with this team and Sam Adams have all had problems with Mularky. Heck even Fletcher said some things need to change and if its management than so be it. Mularky can not handle coaching an NFL team. Its a joke and the players are voicing there opinons about it. I have no problem with that. I hope Ralph does show Moulds more respect than Mularkey. Because Mike is a joke. This is coming from someone who supported him coming into the season.

523332[/snapback]

You might have a bad NFL coach...but that still doesn't give a veteran player

the right to be insubordinate....that just sets a bad example for the younger

players...

I'm beginning to wonder if this kind of problem is not coming from the GM office. Man, I miss the days of Polian and Butler and Levy when respect was earned from both sides, and it was not a us(management and coaching) vs them(players) mentality.it was a WE (team) mentalilty. Now, I know the league has changed dramitically in the last 15 yrs, but dam this is getting bad.

Think back to the glory years, even when guys left for more money(Wolford,Biscuit, Conlon, Odomes) they naver blasted away like Phat Pat . They had respect for the organization and the staff. I miss that.

If he DID refuse to run his routes (and the tapes wont lie), I hope that he IS suspended for the rest of the season, before his unceremonious cut which does thankfully loom.

I think that I get the picture. This was a grown man pouting because Evans was catching TDs.

If he is guilty of dogging it (and I see no logical reason for MM to lie), I would rather finish the seson watching Aiken.

523153[/snapback]

Is there an article out there somewhere I missed that states these as fact?

Is there an article out there somewhere I missed that states these as fact?

523506[/snapback]

No, it's just people making baseless assumptions so that they can get ready to run a coach/player/executive/owner out of town with their torches and pitchforks.

CW

No, it's just people making baseless assumptions so that they can get ready to run a coach/player/executive/owner out of town with their torches and pitchforks.

CW

523519[/snapback]

So you dont think someones should leave because of this mess? I have never seen anything like this in the organization. Its not pitchforks and torches, its common sense that changes need to be made in management now.

Ralph should be thinking about canning his GM and Coach first.

What a mess.  B-)

523151[/snapback]

I don't necessarily see it as dark as this- Eric Moulds has at his very best been an "inconsistent" top receiver in the NFL. These days he's clearly fallen from the "top" category yet he remains the same old inconsistent Eric Moulds we've paid out the type of money earned by the consistent WRs around the league. Take his draft-mate Marvin Harrison. Harrison has built a career on making the tough grabs we know Eric makes on many occasions but Marvin also has long spans over which he also catches EVERY ball thrown his way he's supposed to catch. I can't think of as much as a 6 game span over Eric's career wherein he's caught "every ball" he should have come up with; Harrison on the other hand goes stretches like 30-40 games. Eric has both won and lost games as a WR, Marvin Harrison has really only been on the "W" side of that equation.

All the things Eric has been able to bring over the years have always been balanced by his attention lapses, and I believe in the NFL of the new millenium the simple difference between the good offenses and the bad ones is which offenses can take advantage of more opportunites. Teams who have brought in RELIABLE hands guys are winning more often than the Superstar Wideout teams like the Raiders. We suffer from two "unrealiable" hands guys in Moulds and Reed, and this in my mind has had as much to do with our O struggles this year as any other dynamic save our "learnin'" period for our new QB. I'm thankful we have Lee Evans, a guy who appears to have VERY reliable hands, and if ever there could be a case of addtion by subtraction it might be this off-season with a good complement being added on the other side of Lee and one very substantial cap hit being softened with a trade of our "superstar" WR.

I don't necessarily see it as dark as this- Eric Moulds has at his very best been an "inconsistent" top receiver in the NFL. These days he's clearly fallen from the "top" category yet he remains the same old inconsistent Eric Moulds we've paid out the type of money earned by the consistent WRs around the league. Take his draft-mate Marvin Harrison. Harrison has built a career on making the tough grabs we know Eric makes on many occasions but Marvin also has long spans over which he also catches EVERY ball thrown his way he's supposed to catch. I can't think of as much as a 6 game span over Eric's career wherein he's caught "every ball" he should have come up with; Harrison on the other hand goes stretches like 30-40 games. Eric has both won and lost games as a WR, Marvin Harrison has really only been on the "W" side of that equation.

All the things Eric has been able to bring over the years have always been balanced by his attention lapses, and I believe in the NFL of the new millenium the simple difference between the good offenses and the bad ones is which offenses can take advantage of more opportunites. Teams who have brought in RELIABLE hands guys are winning more often than the Superstar Wideout teams like the Raiders. We suffer from two "unrealiable" hands guys in Moulds and Reed, and this in my mind has had as much to do with our O struggles this year as any other dynamic save our "learnin'" period for our new QB. I'm thankful we have Lee Evans, a guy who appears to have VERY reliable hands, and if ever there could be a case of addtion by subtraction it might be this off-season with a good complement being added on the other side of Lee and one very substantial cap hit being softened with a trade of our "superstar" WR.

523631[/snapback]

moulds makes fewer drops than terrell owens, yet owens is hands down (in my opinion) a better player than marvin harrison. the point is that sure, he drops some, but the drops are overrated (i can think of only 2 drops this year, in fact). the fact that you're comparing moulds to someone like harrison as opposed to, say, jake reed, eddie kennison, laverneous coles, amani toomer, etc. says something. he has definitely been better than all of those guys. finally, i agree that he's in decline, but lets not forget that his 1998 season was probably the best single season ever for a bill receiver. in the course of throwing him under the bus, lets not forget that.

But Moulds was doing well before this awful regime grabbed the reins.

B-)

Ralphie needs a big supply of pink slips.

:doh:

523157[/snapback]

A-men to that.

Time to clean house for one thing.

Draft picks or not, I'm not sure I'd be so keen to let the front office take on this year's draft, supposedly a good one.

Imagine what they could do to set the team back another 5 years if they stay.

*ugh*

moulds makes fewer drops than terrell owens, yet owens is hands down (in my opinion) a better player than marvin harrison. the point is that sure, he drops some, but the drops are overrated (i can think of only 2 drops this year, in fact). the fact that you're comparing moulds to someone like harrison as opposed to, say, jake reed, eddie kennison, laverneous coles, amani toomer, etc. says something. he has definitely been better than all of those guys. finally, i agree that he's in decline, but lets not forget that his 1998 season was probably the best single season ever for a bill receiver. in the course of throwing him under the bus, lets not forget that.

523697[/snapback]

The only stat in which Moulds breaks into the top 5 anymore is his annual salary and amortized bonus. He right now is among Moss, Owens and Harrison as a top 4 WR in the league- in salary only of course.

If we were talking about the top 35 money you suggest by the players on your list this discussion could be substantially different.

[/size][/color]

Man, you've got that right.

Things have come totally unglued.

It's Ruben Brown all over again times three.

This is an object lesson in why so many want a veteran HC that's a firm disciplinarian to take over control at OBD. Tuna wouldn't have lost his team like this, nor would Coughlin nor Ditka.

523171[/snapback]

Coughlin has had trouble with TWO teams to date.