Open Letter to Eric Moulds

Rico

Yep yep.....

anyone that thinks Losman wouldnt have won MIA/NYJ @ home...is crazy....

Worst decision to bench Losman....could have the offense clicking right now, with Losman...instead it will need a few weeks to get going again....

501585[/snapback]

No, actually benching Losman may have been the best thing for him...get his head on straight, realize hes gotta play good, and that the QB job wont be given to him...

Dear Eric,

From now on, just STFU and keep your punk-ass opinions on what's wrong with the team to yourself.

Sincerely,

Rico

PS. GO JP!!! GO EVANS!!!  :blink:

501568[/snapback]

Let's not get too rough with Eric. I too was upset when his "constructive criticism" went public but was certainly not in favor of booing him like some were. He should have just kept his comments in the locker room where they belonged. I said it before and I'll say it again...Moulds has been too good for us for too long to treat him like crap. Hopefully it is a lesson learned for him and I certainly would like to see JP the rest of the year. Not because of "developmental reasons" but more because he gives us a few dimensions Kelly does not (long ball, running, etc). In any event, I think JP delivered the message to Eric today when he STARED him down on the quick slant and nearly got him decapitated. Probably wasn't intentional....but you have to wonder. :D

Yep yep.....

anyone that thinks Losman wouldnt have won MIA/NYJ @ home...is crazy....

Worst decision to bench Losman....could have the offense clicking right now, with Losman...instead it will need a few weeks to get going again....

501585[/snapback]

Benching him may have been the best thing to have happened to him. I really think that he was losing his confidence. Having to sit fired him up. He had some time to watch and learn.

Today's JP was completely different from the JP we saw earlier in the year.

Agreed.

I think benching JP was the best move the coaching staff has made in their two years here. It gave him a chance to clear his head, watch and learn... and you saw a different QB today.

If he played like this against Atlanta or New Orleans, both games could have been wins.

Let's not get too rough with Eric.  I too was upset when his "constructive criticism" went public but was certainly not in favor of booing him like some were.  He should have just kept his comments in the locker room where they belonged.  I said it before and I'll say it again...Moulds has been too good for us for too long to treat him like crap.  Hopefully it is a lesson learned for him and I certainly would like to see JP the rest of the year.  Not because of "developmental reasons" but more because he gives us a few dimensions Kelly does not (long ball, running, etc).  In any event, I think JP delivered the message to Eric today when he STARED him down on the quick slant and nearly got him decapitated.  Probably wasn't intentional....but you have to wonder. :blink:

501590[/snapback]

Let's not get too rough with Eric.  I too was upset when his "constructive criticism" went public but was certainly not in favor of booing him like some were.  He should have just kept his comments in the locker room where they belonged.  I said it before and I'll say it again...Moulds has been too good for us for too long to treat him like crap.  Hopefully it is a lesson learned for him and I certainly would like to see JP the rest of the year.  Not because of "developmental reasons" but more because he gives us a few dimensions Kelly does not (long ball, running, etc).  In any event, I think JP delivered the message to Eric today when he STARED him down on the quick slant and nearly got him decapitated.  Probably wasn't intentional....but you have to wonder. :blink:

501590[/snapback]

Good post.

501590[/snapback]

Has been.

Not exactly burning down the house with these 40-, 30-, and 20-yard receiving games. Eric Moulds should have been worried about Eric Moulds' play earlier this year. I think he spoke up b/c he doesn't like JP very much. He didn't work with JP in the offseason like Evans and Reed did; JP didn't look at him very often in his four games probably b/c he wasn't on the same page as Evans & Reed... and guys get resentful for that (e.g. "Just Gimme The Damn Ball").

If he wants to stay here with #s like he's putting up, he needs to take a BIG paycut. And I don't see his ego doing that. Roscoe is the Young Turk, as is TD's MO for replacing aging players.

Has been.

Not exactly burning down the house with these 40-, 30-, and 20-yard receiving games. Eric Moulds should have been worried about Eric Moulds' play earlier this year. I think he spoke up b/c he doesn't like JP very much. He didn't work with JP in the offseason like Evans and Reed did; JP didn't look at him very often in his four games probably b/c he wasn't on the same page as Evans & Reed... and guys get resentful for that (e.g. "Just Gimme The Damn Ball").

If he wants to stay here with #s like he's putting up, he needs to take a BIG paycut. And I don't see his ego doing that. Roscoe is the Young Turk, as is TD's MO for replacing aging players.

501617[/snapback]

Agreed, and that's what bothered me about Moulds' statements earlier this season. He hadn't really played that well the two seasons prior to this one. Six TDs in two years isn't enough for a guy costing as much against the cap as he is. As you say, Eric Moulds needs to worry about his own play, rather than someone else's. I also didn't think he gave much of an effort for JP in that Saints game, in particular. Saw it today, too, when he short-armed that one pass where he got the big hit. You're going to get hit anyway...CATCH the ball.

Occasionally backup QBs look good because the opponent hasn't gameplanned for them. That's especially true when the backup's skill set is very different than the starter.

I'll believe Losman has learned alot in a couple of weeks. I saw enough of the inaccurate rookie to speculate much.

Occasionally backup QBs look good because the opponent hasn't gameplanned for them.  That's especially true when the backup's skill set is very different than the starter.

I'll believe Losman has learned alot in a couple of weeks.  I saw enough of the inaccurate rookie to speculate much.

501663[/snapback]

How much do you think they game-planned for one vs. the other? With our special situation at QB, I'd guess 70-30.

Still, a game-plan is a plan like any other and the best laid plans are often useless 5 minutes in. KC had halftime to make adjustments. How 'bout giving the kid some credit?

How much do you think they game-planned for one vs. the other? With our special situation at QB, I'd guess 70-30.

Still, a game-plan is a plan like any other and the best laid plans are often useless 5 minutes in. KC had halftime to make adjustments. How 'bout giving the kid some credit?

501687[/snapback]

That's a good question that I can't answer. From what I know about game preparation, they probably glossed over Losman, figuring that even if he ended up in the game they wouldn't have had much of a problem containing him.

I'm curious on what percentage of the snaps JP gets in practice each week. On most teams, the backup gets 10-15% at best.

That's a good question that I can't answer.  From what I know about game preparation, they probably glossed over Losman, figuring that even if he ended up in the game they wouldn't have had much of a problem containing him.

I'm curious on what percentage of the snaps JP gets in practice each week.  On most teams, the backup gets 10-15% at best.

501696[/snapback]

Doubtful they "glossed over" JP. NFL coaches live by the "assumption is the mother of all f----ups" credo. There is tape review, I'd say our opponents since the switch have focused on Holcomb, but they still probably give JP more of a slice of time than they do for most other backups.

That figure sounds about right for first-team O snaps. Doesn't the backup generally run the scout team? I think that's probably helped JP. To mimick how the other team's QB plays and what their tendencies are. You often add some of the good stuff to your own repetoir.

No, actually benching Losman may have been the best thing for him...get his head on straight, realize hes gotta play good, and that the QB job wont be given to him...

501588[/snapback]

Plus, it looked like sitting and watching the game after experiencing the pace of it for 4 weeks seemed to help him immensely. And I say that as one of his biggest detractors. He wasn't spectacular (save that TD pass to Evans, which was beautiful), but he was far more mistake-free and seemed less dazzled and lost than he's been.