sportsline says JP named starter

SlamnSam

Holcomb has been playing well. much better than JP was. it would be stupid to start JP now. with the pats loosing, we are not out of it yet.

and i will also say, !@#$ orton. he is below average at best. the only reason why people like this guy is because the guy who used to be their QB is also a BUM.

why bench Holcomb when hes playing well?

497691[/snapback]

JP is 1-3 with two losses against teams with winning records.

KH is 2-2 and has not faced a team with a winning record yet.

The TEAM is not playing much better than when they were led by JP. Just fodder for thought.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that people are so desperate to be in the playoffs that they'd sacrifice the development of a quarterback so they can spend a Saturday afternoon watching their team get the ever-loving snot beat out of them.

497695[/snapback]

Nothing here amazes me anymore. :devil:

I really hope this is true. The more I think about it, we have lost the last two games anyways, what has Holcomb done to cement the job. We should have smoked Oakland and we sucked.

497801[/snapback]

It's not true

So let's say we win the division with Holcomb. We do this because everyone else in the division sucks. We enter the first round of the playoffs against...???

It amazes me that people are so desperate to be in the playoffs that they'd sacrifice the development of a quarterback so they can spend a Saturday afternoon watching their team get the ever-loving snot beat out of them.

497695[/snapback]

What amazes me is that people are OK missing the playoffs every year and want to pull a QB who has played well all so we can "develop" a player who has proven nothing other than how to lose and have the worst QB stats possible. Does anyone have a clue if JP will turn out to be a solid QB or do we just waste the talent on this team, another losing season, and all for a QB who probably won't even be the QB in Buffalo's future :devil:

dudes.... It's a fact.... JP will start this week... at right tackle!!!

Yes... as a result of Mike Williams recent indictment on charges of inpersonating a right tackle, Jason Peters will assume the duties on the right side this week.

497712[/snapback]

At this point, Jason Peters could start at QB. Would we notice? :devil:

I have decided I am in the "Start JP now" camp - are we so desperate to make the play-offs that we are willing to sacrafice the long term gains of developing our future star QB? - for what ? to suffer another huge disappointment when we get crushed in the first round.

Whatever the case - we will most certainly be disappointed when this season over - either by losses in the last eight games or a play-off loss/embarassment.....but if JP starts and ends up making big plays after getting another 3-4 starts under his belt - there will be optimism for next year. He doesn't need another off-season of tutoring by Sam and studying the playbook - he needs NFL experience.

The bottom line is that if the Bills did somehow squeak into the playoffs with Holcomb and everyone says it was a waste to delay the development of JP, how do you explain getting through one of the hardest remaining shedules in the league with a winning record. Are people actually going to say that they would have preferred another crappy finish and not get on board to route for this team. Holcomb will have completely deserved the playing time IF he is able to pull upsets against the upcoming teams!! It is useless to B word every day about why JP is not in the game. Some of us want to see an exciting season after such crap the past few years. If Holcomb brings that now, so be it. Chances are that JP will be starting within a couple weeks so you will just have to wait and see. In the mean time, I hope we pound the Chiefs at home and see if these guys can't rally. Let's get the Ralph all fired up and enjoy being in the race halfway through the season. JP will get a chance but for now, Playoffs are still an option whether you like it or not!

So let's say we win the division with Holcomb. We do this because everyone else in the division sucks. We enter the first round of the playoffs against...???

497695[/snapback]

It amazes me that people are so desperate to engage in wishful thinking about the future that they'd sacrifice the season at hand so they can spend a weekend in April and the month of August fantasizing about a Bills Super Bowl victory that will happen in some unnamed season to come.

It amazes me that people are so desperate to engage in wishful thinking about the future that they'd sacrifice the season at hand so they can spend a weekend in April and the month of August fantasizing about a Bills Super Bowl victory that will happen in some unnamed season to come.

497837[/snapback]

Exactly!

497837[/snapback]

Whose point are you making?

Yes, I know about their defense. And I saw the 5 int's against the B'gals on tv.

Still, by all accounts, Orton is a decent kid, and I don't see what is gained by slamming him. Most players give it their best; not all have stellar talent...and some that do are a detriment to the sport, unfortunately.

I wish him well.

497782[/snapback]

Who was slamming Orton...not me...I was slamming our pathetic defense...

Just to point out that our faults were not JPs making, but the inability of

our coaching staff and defense to keep up their promise of not asking JP

to win the games for them.

What amazes me is that people are OK missing the playoffs every year and want to pull a QB who has played well all so we can "develop" a player who has proven nothing other than how to lose and have the worst QB stats possible. Does anyone have a clue if JP will turn out to be a solid QB or do we just waste the talent on this team, another losing season, and all for a QB who probably won't even be the QB in Buffalo's future :devil:

497815[/snapback]

If We do make the playoffs with Holcomb, I think we will end up having a QB

controversy next year or we will have to cut ties with JP...having him on the

bench in his 3rd year will not be bringing anything positive for him.

Holcomb has been playing well. much better than JP was. it would be stupid to start JP now. with the pats loosing, we are not out of it yet.

and i will also say, !@#$ orton. he is below average at best. the only reason why people like this guy is because the guy who used to be their QB is also a BUM.

why bench Holcomb when hes playing well?

497691[/snapback]

If we REALLY play hard-nosed ball-control ball and Willis gets 30 plus carries, I don't think the QB makes a huge difference in whether or not the Bills win. Plus, playing JP gets him the experience needed and gives the Bills a chance to see if he really has what it takes (I think he does, BTW).

I also think JP was playing well his last game...I know the stats don't support it, but I saw what I saw.