sportsline says JP named starter

SlamnSam

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope that is true. I mean who is the coach here anyways moulds or malarkey? If Orton can do good for the Bears this is a dam good move by Malarkey

497688[/snapback]

Holcomb has been playing well. much better than JP was. it would be stupid to start JP now. with the pats loosing, we are not out of it yet.

and i will also say, !@#$ orton. he is below average at best. the only reason why people like this guy is because the guy who used to be their QB is also a BUM.

why bench Holcomb when hes playing well?

Moulds is the coach, apparently.

The fact that Mularkey let his players dictate who starts and who doesn't is embarassing. I can only hope that this is true and he's putting his foot down. Better late than never. Its time to do what's best for the long term good of the team, not to get a couple of cheap wins and chase being average. Even if Losman fails, at least we'll know it definitively and will know for sure we need to find someone else.

Holcomb has been playing well. much better than JP was. it would be stupid to start JP now. with the pats loosing, we are not out of it yet.

and i will also say, !@#$ orton. he is below average at best. the only reason why people like this guy is because the guy who used to be their QB is also a BUM.

497691[/snapback]

So let's say we win the division with Holcomb. We do this because everyone else in the division sucks. We enter the first round of the playoffs against...???

It amazes me that people are so desperate to be in the playoffs that they'd sacrifice the development of a quarterback so they can spend a Saturday afternoon watching their team get the ever-loving snot beat out of them.

I sure hope that is true. I mean who is the coach here anyways moulds or malarkey? If Orton can do good for the Bears this is a dam good move by Malarkey

497688[/snapback]

I really doubt thats true, Mularkey would never show his hand this early. With NE losing I'm really up in the air about who should start. We have a very tough schedule remaining compared to the other teams in the division, so I really don't think we'll come out on top.

497691[/snapback]

Orton was a rookie thrown into a tough situation. Sure he looks rough, but the Bears are 5 and 3...I'd take that. :devil:

Moulds is the coach,  apparently.

The fact that Mularkey let his players dictate who starts and who doesn't is embarassing.  I can only hope that this is true and he's putting his foot down.  Better late than never.  Its time to do what's best for the long term good of the team,  not to get a couple of cheap wins and chase being average.  Even if Losman fails,  at least we'll know it definitively and will know for sure we need to find someone else.

497694[/snapback]

I agree 100%. Excellent post.

FYI - I didn't see anything on Sportline's website about this so I'm not buying into it until I see some sort of link or ESPN reporting it.

So let's say we win the division with Holcomb. We do this because everyone else in the division sucks. We enter the first round of the playoffs against...???

It amazes me that people are so desperate to be in the playoffs that they'd sacrifice the development of a quarterback so they can spend a Saturday afternoon watching their team get the ever-loving snot beat out of them.

497695[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. Its seems like stumbling into the playoffs is the Holy Grail of Bills football for some. Granted, I'd rather make the playoffs than not, but ultimately, I want to see this team win a friggin' Super Bowl before I die. I don't want to see them become a running joke like the Dolphins were for most of the last ten years, making the playoffs every year just to get clobbered in the first round.

497695[/snapback]

:w00t::devil::devil::w00t:

OK, I would support the switch to JP. Not because I am convinced that he is any good mind you. I don't know.

But, being in a playoff game, including the anticipation, is just a tad better than you described.

Still, that WAS funny!!!

Orton was a rookie thrown into a tough situation. Sure he looks rough, but the Bears are 5 and 3...I'd take that. :devil:

497698[/snapback]

The reason: It is that defense of the bears....it is top notch...As JS pointed

out in his column, Orton is the 30th rated QB in the league and guy even

threw 5 INTs in a game....But their defense/st has been stellar.....

If our D had kept up their side of the bargain, then we will be at least 5-3

whether we play holcomb or JP and NE would have been 3-5...

dudes.... It's a fact.... JP will start this week... at right tackle!!!

Yes... as a result of Mike Williams recent indictment on charges of inpersonating a right tackle, Jason Peters will assume the duties on the right side this week.

497691[/snapback]

Actually, I'm assuming people like him because he is winning.

Why bench Holcomb? Because we have lost the last two games. Those losses include one to a very mediocre Oakland team. The question isn't why bench Holcomb, but why leave him in?

After the last two weeks do you really believe this team is going to go to the playoffs? And even if the rest of the division craps out and we squeak in, do you really think we do any damage in the playoffs?

This team has had a VERY easy schedule the last 4 games (No, NE is not the same team anymore), and they came out of it 2-2.

Why bench Holcomb?  Because we have lost the last two games.  Those losses include one to a very mediocre Oakland team.  The question isn't why bench Holcomb, but why leave him in?

497715[/snapback]

Exactly, We are in pretty much the same situation we were in with Losman. Won the easy games, and lost the ones that were more challenging.

The only difference is one QB is a young, developping rookie (well pretty much a rookie) while the other is an aging journeyman Veteran who should be doing much better with all his experience.

Holcomb also had the advantage of having his veteran teamates decide it was time they start playing cause "They want to win now".

497695[/snapback]

Yup.

Bills - Colts....

Uh huh.

The reason:  It is that defense of the bears....it is top notch...As JS pointed

out in his column, Orton is the 30th rated QB in the league and guy even

threw 5 INTs in a game....But their defense/st has been stellar.....

If our D had kept up their side of the bargain, then we will be at least 5-3

whether we play holcomb or JP and NE would have been 3-5...

497710[/snapback]

Yes, I know about their defense. And I saw the 5 int's against the B'gals on tv.

Still, by all accounts, Orton is a decent kid, and I don't see what is gained by slamming him. Most players give it their best; not all have stellar talent...and some that do are a detriment to the sport, unfortunately.

I wish him well.