This place has died.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone happy now?

495702[/snapback]

Bills have a way of sucking the spirit out of you. At least thats the way I feel. Its a off week and thats a good thing. Maybe we can come back and beat KC. If not im not going to worry about it. Bills are losing me quite frankly. I just wish they had better management from the top down. Then I would know we at least had a future even if we dont have a present. For now Im quite content watching the Leafs/Sharks for my pro sports jollies.

Bills have a way of sucking the spirit out of you. At least thats the way I feel. Its a off week and thats a good thing.

I just wish they had better management from the top down. Then I would know we at least had a future even if we dont have a present.

495703[/snapback]

After great optimism (as ever!) for 2005, the Bills had sucked the life out of the season by week #4.

None of the pieces (Defense, ST) that were working last year are available this year to give us any hope. That what really sucks for me.

McGee can run a kick back 60 yds, give the O a start at the opponent's 40, and then the O might squeeze a FG out of it.

Blah.

Everyone happy now?

495702[/snapback]

You're right------------most of those who posted here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day have moved on. I remember a time when you could generate a 3-4 page thread on the blocking style of Carwell Gardner or the pros and cons of Kamil Loud.

In this case, mediocraty breeds apathy. It has been so long since the Bills have fielded a REAL team that once the reasons the Bills screwed up have been covered, there is very little else to discuss.

Gimme an 11-5 or 12-4 team and I'll show you an active message board.

Almost a ghost myself,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

Nothing like a bye week coming in the middle of a slow-motion train wreck to lift one's spirits. Half way through the year and this team still doesn't have a pitcher. It's got lots of catchers, but not a single pitcher. Hell, even ESBN deprived us of a full two week period of mourning with their Brewski Hummer Fest.

So here we sit with nothing inspiring to do for a vapid week while we get to think about the Kansas City Iron Chefs and their weepy chairman Little Dick Vermeil coming to town. I wonder what the secret ingredient will be! Sacks? Interceptions? Passes over 20 yards? Maybe 50 yard runs! I can't wait to see what each team of talented pros can do with the secret ingredient in the 60 minute time period.

I think Iron Chef MularkeySan will be looking for new ways to work the Half Back option pass into the running game when the panel of judges will least expect it. I can even see him bring out the Statue of Liberty play on the opening drive.

Now, who can't get excited about that?

It is less entertaining now that a lot of interesting posters have left for various reasons, & for that reason I spend less time here than I used to..

OTOH, I don't at all miss the inane drivel that went on and on and on and on by certain individuals that didn't know the difference between a message board & a chat room.

Know what I mean, Vern? :flirt::)

It hasn't died. It just had a stroke. It will come back in a year or so, a few mediocre threads will be started, and TBD will be named best message board of the week once again. Just wait....

495724[/snapback]

Pfff...How pathetic would it be if it took this place a year to come back from a stroke???

If the Bills don't make the correct changes in the off season the season ticket sales will die also.

495751[/snapback]

The Bills-Pats game had a combined 41.5 on Channel 2 (26.5) and ESPN (15.1), dominating Sunday night competition, locally. The combined 41.6 rating was the highest in any NFL market last week. At midseason, the Bills ratings are up 8 percent from a year ago.

I doubt it.

Personally, I don't find anything compelling to talk about with this team on a consistent basis. It is another year of disappointment and I don't necessarily blame fans who chose not to invest themselves emotionally in this particular roster....