This place has died.

Personally, I don't find anything compelling to talk about with this team on a consistent basis.  It is another year of disappointment and I don't necessarily blame fans who chose not to invest themselves emotionally in this particular roster....

495770[/snapback]

How many more years are we willing to take, Scott?

But, that's already been discussed. We have no control, and I'm not sure we'd want it, either.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo fans do a pretty good job of supporting losing teams and are far from "fair weather fans", but the apathy now displayed regarding Bill's discussions is well earned. What is there exciting or even interesting to talk about regarding this football team? We have a "Spin master" running the team and the fan base is tiring of his crap.

I have been a fan for 40 years and suffered through Harvey Johnson, et al. There was still interest displayed by fans in discussing the Bills... even then. But the present Bills President is a political animal that has put together a team with little heart.

I still frequent this board due to being a Bills fan and because there are several posters who I respect. I don't post a lot but enjoy reading the various comments.

I think the interest in Bills discussions will pick up when we have a new, less political football man running this organization... and of course, when we show more heart and start winning again. It is one thing to lose but our team loses with no heart... that will turn off fans more than anything else.

Better not be.  :(

:flirt:

495852[/snapback]

Is there something we should know, Harriet? :D

I haven't been called gay in months, I yearn for the good old days. :(

495855[/snapback]

Dude, you're waaaaaaaaaaaaay gay! :);) Not that there's anything wrong with that! ;)

After great optimism (as ever!) for 2005, the Bills had sucked the life out of the season by week #4.

495709[/snapback]

That's it exactly. I think if I were expecting the Bills to win only 4-6 games and be way out of contention I'd be more into the season because I'd acknowledge that it's a rebuilding year and it's getting done. However, the fact that there was so much hype and hope going into this season and it's been such a dismal failure so far just makes it that much more bitter.

Unless there is a second half miracle (and I am not ruling out) the 2005 Bills will rank right up there with the 2003 team as the all time most disappointing Bills teams in my cognazant Bills life (1972-2005). Not to say they are the worst, just the most disappointing. There hasn't been lots to get excited about.

IMHO, not to gripe, but I think the wall being broken down into so many categorys has kind of made it a little less interseting. I can completely understand why it was done, but it has taken some of the color out of things...

I haven't been posting because this was a good weekend to get away from football.....

- The bills and my JAAF team both had byes the exact same weekend

Our kids are off on a weekend campout.....hopefully it will recharge the batteries much the same way as the bills taking a few extra days off hopefully will help them.

My biggest problem with this team is:

a. I dont know what the biggest problem is on defense...it is really Gray's overagressive style? but I do know this....Sam Adams got benched and the defense actually played BETTER.....and that really confuses me as Sam is now EASILY our best defensive linemen right now......

b. I am sitting totally on the fence about Losman and Holcomb right now.....Holcomb has the better mind and no friggen arm.....Losman needs a ton of work but has everything you could ask for from a NFL QB......if we truly cannot make the playoffs then we need to make the switch to Losman right now...the only thing is our division sucks so bad that we actually DO have a chance to overtake the patriots for the division.....we are still within shouting range and the Pats simply are not playing well......they shouldn't have even won the game against us.

.....we are still within shouting range and the Pats simply are not playing well......they shouldn't have even won the game against us.

496083[/snapback]

Therein is the biggest problem. The Pats definitely should not have won that game....BUT they did!

I'm a bigger homer than most on this site, but even I have to admit that our chances to win this division, thus make the playoffs, are slim to none.

Therefor I have to think that starting JP now is probably the wise move.

That being said....I really hope that the Bills start Holcomb, because that tells me that the team has not given up on themselves as quickly as we fans have given up them! I want to watch a team that does EVERYTHING it can to WIN NOW! Fug next year!

If this team could rise to the occasion and play with some heart....who knows....