Milloy & Wire

eSJayDee

1st, kudos to Wire for an excellent open field tackle, which I believe was his 1st of the year. It looked like he was beaten around the corner for what would've been a game icing long gain.

Besides being his customary 4th man in the pile on ST, he apparently got an assist somewhere during the game according to the state sheet.

As for Milloy, unless he uses his broken hand to hold the jockstrap that he's being faked out of w/ increasing frequency, that's not his only problem.

So whadda we do at SS?

1st, kudos to Wire for an excellent open field tackle, which I believe was his 1st of the year. 

492365[/snapback]

Actually - it was the first of his career

So whadda we do at SS?

492365[/snapback]

It is not really fair to expect much from Milloy when backs are steamrolling in his direction untouched by the DTs. Not only that, he is coming on a blitz on close to half of his plays or so it seems.

As for his future, much will depend on his salary/cap hit. I don't know how much the Bills would save by cutting him in 06. This will probably and hopefully be the deciding factor for TD wrt whether or not to keep our aging veterans after this dismal season.

Is'nt Milloy a free agent after this season?

If he is, I don't see him getting that big a contract from the Bills.

We may have to go another direction.

ans4e64 Posted Yesterday, 11:15 PM

jim leonhard

Do you really think Leonhard can handle that position? I understand Free Safety, but I do'nt see him covering the Tight End that well?

Well, we don't need a converted LB. We need someone who can cover; something neither Wire or Milloy can do.

I would guess how much of an overhaul this D goes over the off season. It is very apparent that this "system" has been figured out. The lack of adjustment, the complexity, and the mismatches it creates (DEs on WRs and CBs on Tackles) are no longer effective.

The basic "cover 2" that Greggy brought here has been replaced by a combination of Cover 2 and Dick LeBeau's Zone Blitzing. The best description is deceit and finesse. The traditional cover 2 does use the SS as a blitzing LB. This is why Wire was drafted. Then Milloy was brought in, never known for his ability of cover, only run support.

We no longer have the personnel that fits the "system" that is employed here, what ever that system may be. I have doubts that Gray knows the answer to that question. With almost total lack of respect based on the last two drafts, this club is in the rebuilding stages.

Well, we don't need a converted LB. We need someone who can cover; something neither Wire or Milloy can do.

I would guess how much of an overhaul this D goes over the off season. It is very apparent that this "system" has been figured out. The lack of adjustment, the complexity, and the mismatches it creates (DEs on WRs and CBs on Tackles) are no longer effective.

The basic "cover 2" that Greggy brought here has been replaced by a combination of Cover 2 and Dick LeBeau's Zone Blitzing. The best description is deceit and finesse. The traditional cover 2 does use the SS as a blitzing LB. This is why Wire was drafted. Then Milloy was brought in, never known for his ability of cover, only run support.

We no longer have the personnel that fits the "system" that is employed here, what ever that system may be. I have doubts that Gray knows the answer to that question. With almost total lack of respect based on the last two drafts, this club is in the rebuilding stages.

493134[/snapback]

An excellent post.

Keep Wire on ST and that is it--he can't cover, can't catch and is out of position half the time. Milloy stays. With his one asrm he is still about 50X better than Wire who is just bad as a SS. Nice guy but a bad SS.