Strange Penalty Call: Comitting an "unatural act"

The Dean

Did anyone else here that? That rivals the old "Giving him the business" call.

I was doing something (making drinks, I think) and I heard the ref say "commited an unatural act"...I immediately looked up and said , "What?"

I thought making he was screwing a dog out there, or something.

Can't say on a family board, but it involved two girl scouts, a German Shepherd, saran warp, and a quart of vegetable oil.

:(  That was a weird call...

492330[/snapback]

Is that sig your own, or did you get it somewhere? Classic stuff. I love it.

Is that sig your own, or did you get it somewhere? Classic stuff. I love it.

492336[/snapback]

Mine. Pretty much sums up what I was shouting at the TV last night. "Stop getting cute, you idiot! Stop passing! Run the ball! Don't dance with them! Kick 'em in the nuts while they're down!" I mean, Christ...five and a half minutes left, you've just ripped off four straight runs for 15 yards and a first down, it's second and six, so what do you call?

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

And you turn it over on downs on a two-yard out on 4th and 8. :(NO, YOU !@#$ING CLOWN OF A COACH! RUN THE BALL!!!!!

the defensive line tried to act as if they were jumping across the line, in order to get one of our O-Lineman to move, thus causing a false start. they made this illegal a few years ago. though i have never heard it refered to "unnatural acts".

Mine.  Pretty much sums up what I was shouting at the TV last night.  "Stop getting cute, you idiot!  Stop passing!  Run the ball!  Don't dance with them!  Kick 'em in the nuts while they're down!"  I mean, Christ...five and a half minutes left, you've just ripped off four straight runs for 15 yards and a first down, it's second and six, so what do you call?

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

And you turn it over on downs on a two-yard out on 4th and 8.  :(  NO, YOU !@#$ING CLOWN OF A COACH!  RUN THE BALL!!!!!

492347[/snapback]

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more demoralizing to a team than to have another team run the ball play after play, right up your gut, and you can't do a damn thing to stop them. That's where we were last night. Right up until those four passes. It's killing me.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more demoralizing to a team than to have another team run the ball play after play, right up your gut, and you can't do a damn thing to stop them. That's where we were last night. Right up until those four passes. It's killing me.

492382[/snapback]

My buddy called me (drunk) at halftime from LA. He asked, "Dean, do we keep running in the second half, or is it time to put the ball up?" My response (surprise) was, "We keep running. The runs that didn't give us much in the first half will yeild yardage as the day goes on. Trust me, we're in the lead and need to RUN!"

Well, when we ran, I was right. Then the passes started...ugh.

the defensive line tried to act as if they were jumping across the line, in order to get one of our O-Lineman to move, thus causing a false start.  they made this illegal a few years ago. though i have never heard it refered to "unnatural acts".

492380[/snapback]

That's because they didn't jump across the line, per se. Didn't even fake jumping. It was apparently some sort of vague, nondescript flinch that, while not being a false start, was penalized as a false start nonetheless, on the grounds that the vague, nondescript flinch was an "unnatural" motion.

492382[/snapback]

Agreed. As I keep saying, there comes a point, in a close game, when you have to seal it by kicking the opponent in the teeth. This TEAM does not have the fortitude to do that.

New England, on the other hand, does. New England also has three Superbowl rings. I do not think that is a coincidence.

That's because they didn't jump across the line, per se.  Didn't even fake jumping.  It was apparently some sort of vague, nondescript flinch that, while not being a false start, was penalized as a false start nonetheless, on the grounds that the vague, nondescript flinch was an "unnatural" motion.

492508[/snapback]

Maybe one of the Pats linemen farted and crapped his pants in an effort to draw us offsides.

Actually the penalty was called because they had a huge circle jerk around Teddy and his friggin wife.

They were supposed to wait until half time for that therefore making it unatural.

492902[/snapback]

There's been some funny things said over the last 48 Bruschi hours but that one actually had me LMAO.

Anyone see how open McGahee was on that series when he checked down & threw to Shelton?

If he saw & threw to Willis instead it could possibly have been 7. No one was near him! <_<

Can't say on a family board, but it involved two girl scouts, a German Shepherd, saran warp, and a quart of vegetable oil.

<_<  That was a weird call...

492330[/snapback]

That's a penalty? Man, talk about your No Fun League...

492729[/snapback]

That's only a 5 yarder. The flagrant 15 yard version involves George Takai

My buddy called me (drunk) at halftime from LA.  He asked, "Dean, do we keep running in the second half, or is it time to put the ball up?"  My response (surprise) was, "We keep running.  The runs that didn't give us much in the first half will yeild yardage as the day goes on.  Trust me, we're in the lead and need to RUN!"

Well, when we ran, I was right.  Then the passes started...ugh.

492409[/snapback]

Actually...the first drive of the second half, we put the ball up. We scored 7 on a 55-yard TD pass. From then on, we ran 18 times and passed 13, scoring 6 more points. I'm not picking a fight with you. I agree this team needs to run most of the time - as we did, but there are times where you need to pass. And we didn't execute those times well enough. Anyone else notice NE outgained us on running plays 4.2-3.8?

And the unnatural acts, so a family walks into a talent agency...

Or at any point after the first drive.

Anyone else notice the disconcerting habit this team has of playing steadily worse the later it gets in the game?    :)

493660[/snapback]

Maybe next year Mularkey should amend his t-shirts...this year's only said "Start Fast". Maybe next year's could say "Start Fast and don't slow down". He could even use the same shirts, just print on the back.....

Actually...the first drive of the second half, we put the ball up.  We scored 7 on a 55-yard TD pass.  From then on, we ran 18 times and passed 13, scoring 6 more points.  I'm not picking a fight with you.  I agree this team needs to run most of the time - as we did, but there are times where you need to pass.  And we didn't execute those times well enough.  Anyone else notice NE outgained us on running plays 4.2-3.8?

And the unnatural acts, so a family walks into a talent agency...

493641[/snapback]

I know we scored on a pass (a by-product of the amt of running we did in the first half). You are correct that we did not execute the pass well when we needed to (the last pass, for example). My point was we passed when it was unnecessary. We were ahead in the game (thanks in part to the 55 yard TD pass) and we needed to REALLY keep the ball on the ground. There was NO reason to pass on the play where KH threw the INT. (BTW, I called it i advance of the play. I said "we'll do something stupid like pass and turn it over."...or something to that effect.) And we didn't need to pas when KH got hit and fumbled.

At that point in the game this team did not need to be balanced. They needed to be over-the-top all run. That's all I'm saying.