Hello boys and girls

dib

So far no power since Monday, (145mph wind) I'm running on a generator now so I thought I'd fire off a quick note.

Roof: Blue tarps now.

Patio: Aloha

Water- no boil as of today

Gas: You must be joking.

There area looked like it was carpet bombed..

I talked to a few friends in Broward County. They said gas if you can find it is $5 a gallon, max 4 gallons can be bought at once. There is usually a 3-4 hour wait.

No ice anywhere.

FPL (electric) is saying most electric will be back by Nov. 22nd....ugggghhhh!

There are no lights at intersections and many wires, trees and poles are still in roads. The driving is very dangerous, especially after dark.

Most people didn't have their cell phones start working until today.

Good luck to all affected by Wilma. I hope your lives are brought back to normal soon!!

So far no power since Monday, (145mph wind) I'm running on a generator now so I thought I'd fire off a quick note.

488081[/snapback]

Glad you're OK, even if your stuff isn't. Whereabouts are you?

488081[/snapback]

If Kerry were president, this never would have happened... :P

Not to make light of the situation, it has affected me too, I am a cynic by nature but my god the cynicism is above average in this thread!!!!

Bravo!!!! :P:doh::doh:

oops forgot, thank god Kerry didn't make it. All of New England would have been wiped out! HA! :lol::doh::w00t:

editors note: so there's no mistake, KERRY SUCKS! Eggs, wind, balls and everything in between! :P

Not to make light of the situation, it has affected me too, I am a cynic by nature but my god the cynicism is above average in this thread!!!!

Bravo!!!!  :P  :doh:  :doh:

oops forgot, thank god Kerry didn't make it. All of New England would have been wiped out! HA!  :lol:  :doh:  :w00t:

editors note: so there's no mistake, KERRY SUCKS! Eggs, wind, balls and everything in between!  :P

488347[/snapback]

Jes wonderin. Do you think Kerry would have made things worse? And just give me a fer instance. Like maybe more dead American men, or - he would've responded slower to our hurricanes, or he would have appointed a monkey to FEMA or he would have had more henchmen in jail by now.

Just predict how Kerry would have created an America that somehow would be worse off than todays. Go ahead use the stock market, the supermarket or One Bills Drive. Just give me ONE plausible situation that you think would be worse than what we got goin on right now.

Cause I think that not only is Bush man an idiot, but I always held out hope for his appointees. And those guys are now ALL either under indictment or (as in dee dee miers) being eaten by fellow Reps.

In short I think it's a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into.

But go ahead, preach brother...

Jes wonderin. Do you think Kerry would have made things worse? And just give me a fer instance. Like maybe more dead American men, or - he would've responded slower to our hurricanes, or he would have appointed a monkey to FEMA or he would have had more henchmen in jail by now. 

Just predict how Kerry would have created an America that somehow would be worse off than todays. Go ahead use the stock market, the supermarket or One Bills Drive. Just give me ONE plausible situation that you think would be worse than what we got goin on right now.

Cause I think that not only is Bush man an idiot, but I always held out hope for his appointees. And those guys are now ALL either under indictment or (as in dee dee miers) being eaten by fellow Reps.

In short I think it's a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into.

But go ahead, preach brother...

488360[/snapback]

oh, I just read my thing here and I thought that I would not take US Servicemen so lightly. For clarification, the US Serviceman is the greatest solider in the history of the world, in training, accomplishments, bravery, and simple fighting power. To waste just ONE of these is tantamount to foolishness above all others. To have sacrificed 2000 is approaching Light Brigade status. These are the men that took a country and lost like what 25? And we set them up as targets for crazed loonies? These are the warriors that are simply beyond description. For you Republican morons, it's like taking your team and making the quarterback be your gunner on the punt return. It's stupid and it's wrecking the team.

I'll stop now.

488081[/snapback]

Glad you're OK Dave. Stuff will get replaced, hang tough.

Good to hear your good. This is the same thing that happened to me last year with Charlie, and Francis. Lost power for 2 weeks each time, except it was in August, where the temps were closer to 100. Gas...you'll eventually get it back. People freak about these storms, and rightfully so. FPL should be called Florida Flicker and Flash, because they are the WORST. Not just in the storms, but power outages for no reason a few times a year is enough for me to not like them.

Uh, guys, this thread got hijacked somehow.

We were talking about dib and his situation (along with about 4 million other South Floridians) and somehow this morphed into a Bush v. Kerry thread.

Dib, I hope you and yours are OK. Hope all will be well soon.

From me and mine. :mellow:

Mike

Ahhhh, a Repubilcan.  Sorry bro.

488500[/snapback]

No, a cynic. And someone who looks to the office of the president for foreign policy first...of which, the Democratic party has not managed to produce a coherent one since Truman, really.

But the fact is, neither party's produced a candidate truly competent to hold office in my lifetime.

We just got our power back. It was a lot stronger storm when it hit the East coast of Florida than we expected. We are all fine. The house held up well. We lost a fence, parts of two oaks, and two large palm trees. There also was a lot of debris. We have spent the better part of the past four days cleaning up. Fortunately, I bought a small generator on Saturday, and we were able to run the refrigerator and some appliances and the TV. Yet, you could not imagine the lines for gas.

All in all, we have very little to complain about. It could have been a lot worse.