Peters, Gandy, Preston, Villarial, Williams

JStranger76

Sure, mistakes will be made, but this would solve a lot of uncertainty going into next year. Sorry, I'll talk needs and next year all I want. If this line- up shows promise, DT will be the obvious top need going into next year.

486380[/snapback]

That is EXACTLY what I've been thinking for the past two weeks. We need to see what we've got with Peters and Preston, and guard may be a position better suited for Mr. Gandy.

Anderson and Teague will not be on this roster next season.

I am not necessarily opposed to this potential move, but when did we experts determine that Bennie was the sole cause of our offensive line woes? Given I have seen some attrocious pass blocking from the guy, but I've also seen that from each of the other 4. They seem to take turns. Plus , atleast this season, Anderson has been a very good run blocker. I'm not saying that makes him great but I'm just trying to be careful that we aren't making assumptions here.

Peters isn't ready to start in the NFL, probably never will. However, if we want to see Preston get reps at center and Gandy at guard, just kick Teague out to LT and replace Bennie with Gandy. Then we draft best LT available-which at the rate we're going is going to be the best LT in the draft to replace Teague. Meanwhile, Peters sits & the QB doesn't get killed.

I seriously doubt Peters will ever be a full time starter on the OL. What's wrong with him being what he is-a good roll player & special teams demon.

I agree with the above lineup, except that I'd insert Geisinger in Villy's place. Might as well go with the youth movement.

Actually, when healthy, Villy can play. I'd put Geisinger in for Gandy. Gandu is a backup T, nothing more. Anderson is a fat tub of goo. Teague is awful.

LT - Peters

LG - Geisinger

C - Preston

RG - Villy

RT - MW

Lets see what we have over the next 8 games. Play JP, Parrish, Evans etc. This may actually be done over the bye.

Sure, mistakes will be made, but this would solve a lot of uncertainty going into next year. Sorry, I'll talk needs and next year all I want. If this line- up shows promise, DT will be the obvious top need going into next year.

486380[/snapback]

I'm going to say say Left tackle or possibly center. Defensive Tackle would be a close second. I think we need to let im Anderson play a little bit more to see how good he is.

Someone explain to me why other teams crap on our defense using max protect schemes (they pound it right down our throat), yet we can't line up max protect (w/Peters as an extra lineman/TE) and do anything.

WHY IS EVERYTHING ALWAYS SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT FOR THIS TEAM?

We can't EVER pick up a yard on a 3rd or 4th-and-1 situation.

FUG.

486380[/snapback]

No concerns about getting the qb's killed?

486380[/snapback]

I like it but lets make that change AFTER NE game and put JP in at QB. Worht seeing if McNally can work with this group. I am all for the youth move,ment screw Moulds and some of the other vets that think we have aplayoff chance we need to build for the SB not just making the damn playoffs

I like it but lets make that change AFTER NE game and put JP in at QB.  Worht seeing if McNally can work with this group.    I am all for the youth move,ment screw Moulds and some of the other vets that think we have aplayoff chance we need to build for the SB not just making the damn playoffs

487012[/snapback]

I say put JP in NOW!!!!!. After all, is MM all for that 2% edge we get when we do not announce our starters . Just think of the edge we would have if JP started, or even better shane, or even better Rohan Davey, who was in the other day for tryout.