For Realists Only

Red Dragon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that the Bills are seemingly on an unstoppable slide to the basement, it's time to look forward to the 2006 NFL Draft. Here are my top 12 as of right now.

1. Matt Leinart, QB Southern California

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

3. Reggie Bush*, RB USC

4. A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

5. Mario Williams*, DE North Carolina State

6. Laurence Maroney* RB Minnesota

7. Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

8. Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

9. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

10. DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

11. Ahmad Brooks*, LB Virginia

12. DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

See anyone you like? It looks a little thin at WR, so maybe a back-up running back will be the choice for good ole' Donahoe. Lets hope he is not gun shy about taking a tackle again and draft D'Brickashaw. He should be available if the Bills continue their current pace.

486198[/snapback]

How do you know the Bills will end up one of the worst 12 teams in the NFL? Were 3-4 and if for some reason we end up winning next week at New England to go to 4-4 heading into the bye week, there will be several people starting to get back on the band wagon.

It is certainly conceivable. It is not as if that their performance in Oakland gave me any reason to be optimistic. Houston and SF will probably finish with a worse record than Buffalo, though.

486204[/snapback]

Just as a reality check, at this point in time there are 12 (TWELVE) teams with a worse record than the Bills. They don't look so hot, either.

Some people have absolutely no appreciation for the game of professional football, and you, sir, are one of those people. Please bring your story to your personal blog at WhenTheGoingGetsToughIGetGoingHomeLikeAPussy.com.

Seven weeks in and you're ready for the season to end? What an embarrassment you must be to other people at your table.

486472[/snapback]

How does one show a standing ovation ovwr the internet? Great post!!!

Ok, OK, OK!!!! I'm going to be a homer.

This season isn't close to being done. There are still 60% of the games to play yet. There are all the + and -'s ever team has to go thru: Every team still has the bad game days, every team can have injuries to key players, every team can have the graces from heaven on any given game day.

THIS IS BEING REALISTIC.

Yep there have been a lot of things going wrong. Yea, there have been a lot injuries. Yea, our "coaches" do not have a handle on making adjustments. Yea, our drafting has been flawed. Yea, there doesn't seem to be any chemistry. Etc, Etc, Etc.

BUT, "it isn't over until the fat lady sings". Stranger things have happened, like the Bills going 2-6 in the first half of last season, then finishing with 7-1 in the second half.

I'm not saying this group of individuals will actually become a T-E-A-M, but they did it last year. I'm not saying the playcalling will improve, but it did last year. I'm not saying this o-line will ever become even adaquate. I'm not even saying the "light bulb" will go off with TD, BUT stranger things have happened.

The season isn't over yet. There is a lot of football to play.

I think the Bills will finish 8-8 give or take a game. They have a very tough schedule ahead of them. I think they pick somewhere in the middle of the round. (They do have an extra 3rd - which you "realists" thought they would never get )TD could well use that to move up if he sees someone he likes. This draft is supposed to have a number of quality linemen in it, so I think TD drafts heavy in that area (I will be pizzd off if he doesn't).

You know I was reading this thread again...and I do have to admit I missed the 1st Part of the Original...The sliding into the Basement part...But anyway...

I just cant believe how this Board, seemingly on every thread, is this Group vs. that Group...It's gotten rediculous...JP vs. Holcomb, the Season is Over vs. we are only 3-4...Coaching is to blame vs. Talent is to blame...Bandwagon threads...ugh...

I for one have always enjoyed talking about potential Draft Picks no matter what time of Year...I would be looking forward to the Draft if the Bills were 7-0...I love the Scouting/Player Evaluation side of the NFL...I certainly hope we can have real discussions in this area without our Loyalty to the Bills being questioned...

Now I'll give y'all the fact that assuming the Bills are gonna have a Top 10 Pick is a bit premature...But speculation is just that...and opinions are like...well you know...But I viewed this thread as an opportunity to at least throw out an opinion on where the Bills may go in the 1st Round and nothing more...I know everyone is a bit frustrated, but dang... these attacks are getting a bit too much...

Maybe it's just me... :)

Considering that the Bills are seemingly on an unstoppable slide to the basement, it's time to look forward to the 2006 NFL Draft. Here are my top 12 as of right now.

1. Matt Leinart, QB Southern California

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

3. Reggie Bush*, RB USC

4. A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

5. Mario Williams*, DE North Carolina State

6. Laurence Maroney* RB Minnesota

7. Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

8. Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

9. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

10. DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

11. Ahmad Brooks*, LB Virginia

12. DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

See anyone you like? It looks a little thin at WR, so maybe a back-up running back will be the choice for good ole' Donahoe. Lets hope he is not gun shy about taking a tackle again and draft D'Brickashaw. He should be available if the Bills continue their current pace.

486198[/snapback]

Well---if he holds true to form----he will polish up the exterior of the car and leave the sputtering engine as is. You could add Jerry Rice in his prime or Jim Brown in his prime to this squad and it would still be fundamentally flawed. Gimme a very good O and D line with a smart QB and average to above average RBs TEs and WRs any day.

Two tight ends I like are Vernon Davis of Maryland, and Dominique Byrd of USC. Davis is one of those freak types players, breaking all of Marylands weight records, running a 4.4, and having 3% body fat. The guy will likely be this years Boss Bailey, or Matt Jones if he decides to pass up his senior year.

Byrd is not as freakish as Davis but is a very athletic receiver, and is something we just don't have at TE right now. Of course this is all dependent on Kevin Everett, but I would hate to see management hold out hope on a guy off a blown knee without a NFL snap. The TE is becoming a big weapon in the NFL and we need a guy that can stretch defenses. If we can get either of these guys in the second we should consider them, as for the first we should go OT, either Marcus McNeill of Auburn or the D from Virginia.

Give me D'Brickashaw or give me death!

Well, OK, I'm sort of kidding here. But give me D'Brickashaw dammit! How's that?

I figure the Bills (I almost said "we"!) will franchise Clements, get a 1st and a 3rd or whatever, and draft 2 OLs and 2 DLs early.

Oops! Sorry, I was thinking logically again. Doh!

Maybe we'll take that 130-lb WR from UNLV who is a hell of a blocker for his size.

PFW sez: "...a hell of a blocker for his size"

And his younger brother the 152-lb LB who is, pound for pound, one of the quickest SOBs I've ever seen.

PFW sez: "...one of the quickest SOBs I've ever seen"

Which brings me back (naturally) to D'Brickashaw... What are mom and dad thinking?!?!

But hang in there, D'Brickashaw, it could be worse!

Urhines Kendall Icy Eight Special K

Well---if he holds true to form----he will polish up the exterior of the car and leave the sputtering engine as is. You could add Jerry Rice in his prime or Jim Brown in his prime to this squad and it would still be fundamentally flawed. Gimme a very good O and D line with a smart QB and average to above average RBs TEs and WRs any day.

486772[/snapback]

Although I don't see this season as over, I think TD will be looking to get a high motor, white defensive lineman. You can never get enough of those players, and after three years, you can look to replace them.

Ok, OK, OK!!!! I'm going to be a homer.

This season isn't close to being done. There are still 60% of the games to play yet. There are all the + and -'s ever team has to go thru: Every team still has the bad game days, every team can have injuries to key players, every team can have the graces from heaven on any given game day.

THIS IS BEING REALISTIC.

Yep there have been a lot of things going wrong. Yea, there have been a lot injuries. Yea, our "coaches" do not have a handle on making adjustments. Yea, our drafting has been flawed. Yea, there doesn't seem to be any chemistry. Etc, Etc, Etc.

BUT, "it isn't over until the fat lady sings". Stranger things have happened, like the Bills going 2-6 in the first half of last season, then finishing with 7-1 in the second half.

I'm not saying this group of individuals will actually become a T-E-A-M, but they did it last year. I'm not saying the playcalling will improve, but it did last year. I'm not saying this o-line will ever become even adaquate. I'm not even saying the "light bulb" will go off with TD, BUT stranger things have happened.

The season isn't over yet. There is a lot of football to play.

486632[/snapback]

Your right. Unfortunately, there is a lot of bad football to play. Face it, they just don't have the players to compete.

Big problem...No DT on the list?

We do not need LB's or DE's We need 2 unmovable DT's on defense. I also would say a high quality CB on D.

As for the O we need quality lineman and a TE,TE,TE,TE,TE,TE do you get the point?

College draft is true gambling. Todd Collins was great at Michigan. JP who hopefully will learn from all this was great at Tulane. And who can forget Ron Dayne, the Heisman winner. Bills should trade any first round pick and get multiple 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for them. The Team always seems to have better luck with non 1st round picks recently.