Is Bennie Anderson the worst..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been horible since the first series I saw him in a Bills uni. Between his poor protection, multiple penalties and inexplicable inability to move guys in-line the guy seems like he's got this offense constantly playing from behind hte 8ball. I was hoping Preston would start Game1 but if the staff hasn't made teh switch by now, it doesn't seem like they're willing to at all.

485025[/snapback]

To be fair I've seen some really good play from him in the run game, while in pass pro he may be our worst.

Eddie Robinson was indeed over-the-hill when we signed him, but once upon a time he was a legit NFL OLB, and we didn't break the bank to sign him, one year and out.

OTOH, Bennie Anderson has never been (nor it appears ever will be) a viable NFL OL, and he will represent dead cap money if/when he's cut at the end of the year... not a whole lot of dead cap $, but dead cap $ nonetheless.

Joe Panos though... ;)

The 'worst' FA OL signing? How about Ceasar Rentie. Yep, his signing (I believe the Bills first FA signing) was about the worst signing ever and it, apparently, was a sign of things to come regarding the OL - ugh - who would have known??

Who is the OL scout ?

Name escapes me, but if I remember correctly I think he was second assistant to the assistant of the guy that scouts college offensive lines for the Stillers ;)

Nevermind that the Stillers let him go and he is willing to work for a hot meal, this is yet another brilliant move by TD in the never ending quest to save RW some bucks by being...cheap, cheap, cheap :P:lol:

I was going to say Vince Ferragamo. Turns out the Bills traded Tony Hunter for him. Great trade.

Old Vince is doing quite well for himself these days. He owns Ferragamo Touchdown Real Estate in Anaheim and runs the Vince Ferragamo Foundation. You can even get an authentic Vince Ferragamo autographed Corn Cob pen for $75 or a personalized autographed photo for only $45. No photos of him in a Bills uniform though.

He had a bad game yesterday but he did play well at home which you have to remember as well.  Willis has run well this season and a lot of that is the line.  It is one of the things they do reasonably well--run block.  I just wonder how the Pats manage to always take a bunch of mid to late round guys including rookies and insert them into an OL and not miss a beat.

485063[/snapback]

I don't think it boils down to where a player is taken, it's whether or not the guy can actually play. Take Tom Brady, for instance. They got him in the 6th round, just a few picks after the Bills selected strongman Lief Larsen. I think we do okay in some instances when it comes to evaluating talent (Terrence McGee quickly comes to mind), but we're lacking when it comes to evaluating the big guys up front.

I don't think it boils down to where a player is taken, it's whether or not the guy can actually play.  Take Tom Brady, for instance.  They got him in the 6th round, just a few picks after the Bills selected strongman Lief Larsen.  I think we do okay in some instances when it comes to evaluating talent (Terrence McGee quickly comes to mind), but we're lacking when it comes to evaluating the big guys up front.

485782[/snapback]

Yup...see my posting in anothe thread....The entire Atlanta OL players are

drafted as follows 7th Rd, 5th Rd, 5th Rd, 7th Rd, UDFA.

The highest drafted player was 134.....Either our players are lazy and/or

bad coaching........May be McNally is over-the-hill...

thats up there on the top 10 most embarassing moments in bills history.

Robinson juked and falls down, letting pennington run it in for a TD.  :w00t:

485298[/snapback]

I was at that game. It was even worse seeing it live and then having it replayed on the jumbotron while surrounded by Jet fans. ;)

How about this: THEY SUCK.

This is a testament to TD's drafting (or lack there of)

The highest drafted player was 134.....Either our players are lazy and/or

bad coaching........May be McNally is over-the-hill...

485898[/snapback]

I'm thinking you might be thinking of T Kris Farris.  Yet another from the Steeler reject pile.  I'm thinking this was from the TD-GW era.  But hey, TD is alright, after all, we are selling more jerseys now than when John Butler was here.

485022[/snapback]

better draft picks too!

Didn't we sign a FA guard who got injured and maybe played one or two games about 6 years ago?

485006[/snapback]

Joe Panos? Played a bit more than that, but did get hurt and was a waste when he was in there anyway.