Does anyone still believe

Kipers Hair

Just a check on who still has the Rose colored glasses on here - Who still thinks the Bills are a playoff team? Going in to the season, I saw little reason to believe...after week 1, I had hope...since then, i want a top 10 pick since there would be no benefit from going into the playoffs with the team we have.

Who still is burning a torch the playoffs and what are you realistically expecting? I myself and resigned to the fact this this is a team wrought with holes in the offensive and defensive lines, lacking decisive leadership and still does not know what it has at the QB position long term...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a check on who still has the Rose colored glasses on here - Who still thinks the Bills are a playoff team?  Going in to the season, I saw little reason to believe...after week 1, I had hope...since then, i want a top 10 pick since there would be no benefit from going into the playoffs with the team we have.

Who still is burning a torch the playoffs and what are you realistically expecting?  I myself and resigned to the fact this this is a team wrought with holes in the offensive and defensive lines, lacking decisive leadership and still does not know what it has at the QB position long term...

476056[/snapback]

No..6-10. but the number 8 pick in a good draft, Hello Eric Winston T- Miami, FLA

Just a check on who still has the Rose colored glasses on here - Who still thinks the Bills are a playoff team?  Going in to the season, I saw little reason to believe...after week 1, I had hope...since then, i want a top 10 pick since there would be no benefit from going into the playoffs with the team we have.

Who still is burning a torch the playoffs and what are you realistically expecting?  I myself and resigned to the fact this this is a team wrought with holes in the offensive and defensive lines, lacking decisive leadership and still does not know what it has at the QB position long term...

476056[/snapback]

I think the team can still win the division, but I don't expect them to. If they beat the Jest on Sunday; they'll be 3-3. With all the Patriots injuries and coaching losses and injuries / team quality on the other 2 teams; 9-7 can win the division. The Bills COULD sweep miami and the Jest and split with the Pats. That gets them to 6 wins and most likely any tie breakers. If they can beat Oakland and either KC or Denver at home (a split is possible, either team would kill the Bills if Buffalo had to travel) then they need to scrape out one more win. Didn't Carolina lose at miami. If so, why can't they lose in Buffalo as well? Maybe Cincy will be locked into a wild card when the Bills go there.

My gut feel at this point is 7-9 assuming they win this week, but I haven't totally ruled the playoffs out (wild card yes, playoffs no).

I will never root for the Bills to lose, even if it costs them draft picks. Against my nature. Even if it looks like it's possible, I wouldn't hope for them to tank the season. We have one more win than we had last year at this time and last year we went 9-7. We're 2-0 in the conference. Don't talk to me about records of the teams we play/played. Anything is possible. Not taking bets either way just taking it one game at a time...and rooting for them to win each time.

476056[/snapback]

It's hard to believe someone named "Henry Fumbles" has given up on the season already. :o

If you can't wear rose-colored glasses during the season, every year the only thing you'll look forward to is the draft. Yeah, the Bills haven't played great--but they're only 2-3, and in every game until the very end. If this team can put together a couple of wins, I can easily see the playoffs.

476056[/snapback]

You'd rather have a top 10 pick than make the playoffs this year? Not me, man. Not me. There's no guarantee that a top 10 pick will ever pan out, but making the playoffs this year would show that TD has our team on the right track....which is INFINITELY more important to me than drafting about 15 picks earlier. Plus, as crappy as the Bills have played lately, it's awfully hard to give up this early.

It's really hard to believe the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team actually consisted of people from THIS country.

476116[/snapback]

Truly. It reminds me of a Marv-ism:

Fan: Was there ever a time when you wished you wouldn't make it to a Super Bowl? That way you would have avoided the pain of losing four straight.

Marv Levy: No, and I'm glad you're not a member of our team.

It's hard to believe someone named "Henry Fumbles" has given up on the season already.  :o

If you can't wear rose-colored glasses during the season, every year the only thing you'll look forward to is the draft. Yeah, the Bills haven't played great--but they're only 2-3, and in every game until the very end. If this team can put together a couple of wins, I can easily see the playoffs.

476112[/snapback]

You know...as I think of it, I love the draft...

on a serious note - I really want them to win, but I guess the great kelly-Smith-Thomas teams always had a chance at the Superbolw...And unless we can get there, I am almost not interested....

You know...as I think of it, I love the draft...

on a serious note - I really want them to win, but I guess the great kelly-Smith-Thomas teams always had a chance at the Superbolw...And unless we can get there, I am almost not interested....

476165[/snapback]

I'm going to guess that you're in the neighborhood of 25-28 years old. Am I close? :(

I know you know this, but there was a team loooooooong before Kelly-Smith-Thomas.

Week 6 vs the Jets will tell us what this team is REALLY made of this year.

Week 6 is huge!

476110[/snapback]

A home game against a weak opponent won't tell us much (unless the Bills lose). The Bills need to win either @Oak or @NE in weeks 7 and 8. Win one of those games and they might be a legitimate playoff contender. Go into the bye week 3-5 and they're pretty much dead in the water.

A home game against a weak opponent won't tell us much (unless the Bills lose).  The Bills need to win either @Oak or @NE in weeks 7 and 8.  Win one of those games and they might be a legitimate playoff contender.  Go into the bye week 3-5 and they're pretty much dead in the water.

476186[/snapback]

I think they need to win 7 of the next 11 games to have a chance at making the playoffs. If they don't do that they might be in trouble.

I will never root for the Bills to lose, even if it costs them draft picks.  Against my nature.  Even if it looks like it's possible, I wouldn't hope for them to tank the season.  We have one more win than we had last year at this time and last year we went 9-7.  We're 2-0 in the conference.  Don't talk to me about records of the teams we play/played.  Anything is possible.  Not taking bets either way just taking it one game at a time...and rooting for them to win each time.

476102[/snapback]

couldn't have said it better.

I wonder if last year's Seahawks & Rams fans bitched so much about making the playoffs, even though both were trounced by a "crappy" Bills team.

Why is it so difficult to think that this team doesn't have a realistic shot at the playoffs, given the sudden dismantling of AFC East? Even if they get bounced out of the playoffs early, it will be nice to have a weekend after January 1st to actually care about football.

Why is it so difficult to think that this team doesn't have a realistic shot at the playoffs, given the sudden dismantling of AFC East?

476250[/snapback]

It's not difficult to think that this team doesn't have a realistic shot at the playoffs. In fact, it's quite easy. :(