Dear Morons

One DOES NOT complain about a win over the Miami Dolphins.  One understands that ANY win over the God DAMN Miami Dolphins is a great win.  One always has in the back of their mind that for an ENTIRE DECADE we NEVER beat the God DAMN Miami Dolphins.

Had this been during my childhood, Ronnie Brown's fumble would've been picked up by someone like that POS Jimmy Cefalo, and carried into the endzone for a Fish victory as time expired.

You people are bitching about a team that is has 2 wins.  You'd have offed yourself during Bullough/Stephenson - which may well have been your greatest gift to the species.

Bitching about a win over the Fish.  Idiots.  :rolleyes:

472247[/snapback]

Ahhhh.....it's like a breath of fresh air.

GO BILLS!!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One DOES NOT complain about a win over the Miami Dolphins.  One understands that ANY win over the God DAMN Miami Dolphins is a great win.  One always has in the back of their mind that for an ENTIRE DECADE we NEVER beat the God DAMN Miami Dolphins.

Had this been during my childhood, Ronnie Brown's fumble would've been picked up by someone like that POS Jimmy Cefalo, and carried into the endzone for a Fish victory as time expired.

You people are bitching about a team that is has 2 wins.  You'd have offed yourself during Bullough/Stephenson - which may well have been your greatest gift to the species.

472247[/snapback]

Good post Darin. You after all have the right to tell other Bills fans how to feel, what to think and how to post.

The "morons" thing was a nice touch. "Idiots" was OK too, but why stop there? Why not pick out a troubled individual or 2, and attack them until they utterly lose it and get banned. Your friends from the secret board will surely fly to the rescue!

You are a smart man. Very smart and accomplished. I see little need for a guy like you to berate others.

Good post Darin. You after all have the right to tell other Bills fans how to feel, what to think and how to post.

The "morons" thing was a nice touch. "Idiots" was OK too, but why stop there? Why not pick out a troubled individual or 2, and attack them until they utterly lose it and get banned. Your friends from the secret board will surely fly to the rescue!

You are a smart man. Very smart and accomplished. I see little need for a guy like you to berate others.

472290[/snapback]

Come on, Bill.....You are one of my favorite people to disagree with. You know why? Cause we disagree without being disagreeable. I know that you love the Bills and you respect what it means to be a fan of this team. But there are a lot of people on this board lately who are more concerned with some sort of stupid self-validating agenda than they are being a Bills fan. They appear to love to just cause a stir or a reaction, and many of them post nothing but pessimistic, unreasonable garbage. I don't pretend to speak for AD, but I am quite certain these are the "idiots" and "morons" he's referring to.

I love this board and I look forward every day to reading what most of the people here have to say about our beloved team - good or bad. But days like yesterday were simply a disgrace. To have so many people crapping on the team on the heels of a VICTORY over the hated Dolphins? It was to the point where it was a complete drag to even partake in the discussion. I even have it from a very reputable source that many respected, long time posters here don't even bother anymore because of the barrage of crap that some insist on spewing day after day.

I, for one, am tired of it, and I'm glad other people are takign the time to express a similar sentiment.

GO BILLS!

Come on, Bill.....You are one of my favorite people to disagree with. You know why? Cause we disagree without being disagreeable. I know that you love the Bills and you respect what it means to be a fan of this team. But there are a lot of people on this board lately who are more concerned with some sort of stupid self-validating agenda than they are being a Bills fan. They appear to love to just cause a stir or a reaction, and many of them post nothing but pessimistic, unreasonable garbage. I don't pretend to speak for AD, but I am quite certain these are the "idiots" and "morons" he's referring to.

I love this board and I look forward every day to reading what most of the people here have to say about our beloved team - good or bad. But days like yesterday were simply a disgrace. To have so many people crapping on the team on the heels of a VICTORY over the hated Dolphins? It was to the point where it was a complete drag to even partake in the discussion. I even have it from a very reputable source that many respected, long time posters here don't even bother anymore because of the barrage of crap that some insist on spewing day after day.

I, for one, am tired of it, and I'm glad other people are takign the time to express a similar sentiment.

GO BILLS!

472301[/snapback]

Good post, dude.

Moron. :rolleyes:

But there are a lot of people on this board lately who are more concerned with some sort of stupid self-validating agenda than they are being a Bills fan.

GO BILLS!

472301[/snapback]

I love the idea that if someone disagrees with you they're "more concerned with some sort of stupid self-validating agenda than they are being a Bills fan." :rolleyes: Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

GO BILLS!

472301[/snapback]

Fair enough. I was AT the game and did not read the posts to which you refer, nor do I plan to.

I was looking at things from another angle. Yesterday was great! The tailgate was one of the better ones. I liked the friendship and togetherness more than seeing TBD posters as a group being called names for having opinions.

I wish that you were there. It was a great time. :rolleyes:

Typical egocentric, obnoxious, omnipotent post from the Alaskan King Crab....unfortunately -- I agreed with every word...

Now onto another hated team--the Jests--look at these 4 weeks--Fish, Jests, Raiders and Pats--just one big bundle of teams you love to beat....your note could apply to any of these.

BTW--Go Irish--I think they have a shot against the condoms this week...

Fair enough. I was AT the game and did not read the posts to which you refer, nor do I plan to.

I was looking at things from another angle. Yesterday was great! The tailgate was one of the better ones. I liked the friendship and togetherness more than seeing TBD posters as a group being called names for having opinions.

I wish that you were there. It was a great time.  :rolleyes:

472309[/snapback]

You know, maybe that's just it....I've been to Bills games plenty of times. I used to go with a bunch of friends when I lived in Rochester. We'd paint our faces, put on our jerseys, pack up a cooler with plenty of cold beer, load up on snacks of various kinds, and never forget the football. I know what kind of people are at those tailgates and I loved every friggin minute of every game I went to. I miss going like you would not believe.....So maybe it's my fault. Maybe what I do is I expect this board to kind of be a really small little taste of that for someone who is stuck down here in Atlanta. I think I really do rely on TSW to remember what it feels like to be a part of the Upstate NY community, particular during a sunday Bills home game. Cause I tell you what.....the ONLY people bashing the Bills at those tailgates were people wearing an opposing teams jersey near cars bearing another team's flag. You don't find people wandering about in the parking lots all disgruntled and pissy about the Bills, their chances for the game that is about to start, or their prospects for the season. It's about community. Good people, good food, and good times.

So maybe I'm just the dumbass for thinking that I could get just a little bit of that from a board like this. Maybe I'm the one who needs to alter my thinking? I dunno....I just know I love this team, for all their faults, and I love interacting with other people who do, too.

472247[/snapback]

No, one does not B word.

One does recognize, however, that when said win is less a result of good play and more because of the Dolphins repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot, it does not indicate a good team.

For what it's worth...and I'm told it's not much, hardly anybody is "bitching" about the actual win over the Miami Dolphins. I'd say 99% are as happy as a pig in stevestojan. However, constructive criticism and analysis is one of the many reasons this board exists. A win over Miami is always a win over Miami, but people can still analyze the game.

472247[/snapback]

He's right. I live here in Miami, and trust me when I say they are taking this loss really hard. And I'm lovin' every minute of it! :):wub::angry:

You know, maybe that's just it....I've been to Bills games plenty of times.  I used to go with a bunch of friends when I lived in Rochester. We'd paint our faces, put on our jerseys, pack up a cooler with plenty of cold beer, load up on snacks of various kinds, and never forget the football. I know what kind of people are at those tailgates and I loved every friggin minute of every game I went to. I miss going like you would not believe.....So maybe it's my fault. Maybe what I do is I expect this board to kind of be a really small little taste of that for someone who is stuck down here in Atlanta. I think I really do rely on TSW to remember what it feels like to be a part of the Upstate NY community, particular during a sunday Bills home game. Cause I tell you what.....the ONLY people bashing the Bills at those tailgates were people wearing an opposing teams jersey near cars bearing another team's flag. You don't find people wandering about in the parking lots all disgruntled and pissy about the Bills, their chances for the game that is about to start, or their prospects for the season. It's about community. Good people, good food, and good times.

So maybe I'm just the dumbass for thinking that I could get  just a little bit of that from a board like this. Maybe I'm the one who needs to alter my thinking? I dunno....I just know I love this team, for all their faults, and I love interacting with other people who do, too.

472320[/snapback]

Nice post.

No, one does not B word.

One does recognize, however, that when said win is less a result of good play and more because of the Dolphins repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot, it does not indicate a good team.

472325[/snapback]

Agreed. The opponent's 18 penalties and 5 turnovers should have led to a much wider margin of victory if the Bills were a good team.

There were some reasons for optimism though--

We drove the ball at will the first half with a rookie and a street free agent on the right side of our offensive line...for some reason we put that offense in the archives the second half and Miami began to take advantage of the patch work offensive line.

Our punter is back to his all-pro form

Our special teams continue to be league leading

Our kicker has been possessed by an alien being that has turned him into a real kicker

But we still can't run with consistency and stop the run---hence the playoffs are probably out of reach....maybe the return of the Right Side of the Offensive line can help with the run part --- but I am afraid we are looking at a season long problem with the D stopping the run.

I will take all the lucky wins against hated division rivals we can get---in fact 5 more this season just like yesterday would be fine...