My Moulds gameday jersey will be in the closet

When he scores this weekend how will you feel. I'm sure he tired of losing with the organization. You would be too.

468855[/snapback]

It's the pinning the blame on one individual that some here find too convenient and cowardly. The offensive line pass blocking and the play calling had just as much to do with our pitiful offense as JP did. This just smells really foul on a multitude of levels. So what happens when Holcomb starts getting wacked around the field because of sh*tty line play? The Bills coaches and players will look like a bunch of cowards for hiding behind the excuse that it was JP holding us down. The receivers better have a big day because they obviously feel the problem has been solved with the switch. We'll see. The inmates are now running the asylum, that's just wonderful. I have zero respect for Mike Malarkey.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booed Sunday. :doh:

468652[/snapback]

Mine will too. Because I will have on my Thurman Thomas jersey. Can't wait to see the Thurmanator go up on the wall. And I'll be cheering for the Bills no matter who plays. Who the hell cares who's at QB, I just want to win some games or at least be somewhat productive at QB.

If Holcomb doesn't work out after two or three games, JP will go back in there and the learning curve will start again. He's still the future.

Christ, if JP sits out a game or two, it's not the end of the world. If Holcomb plays well, cool. We'll maybe make a run (most likely not). If not, JP will be back, and hopefully progress more than the first four game he was in there.

That has to be one of the most fickle things I have ever heard.

I question any Bills fan who claims that Moulds deserves boos. He is a constant on this franchise and deserves to speak out when necessary. He was in full support of JP throughout camp and during the offseason. He is simply stating that this team needs to win now. To fault him for that, after all the years he has spent in this organization, is just plain wrong.

Is he a top 5 receiver? No.

Is he the most respected and most senior veteran on the team? Absolutely.

Separate the two before you attack Moulds.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booed Sunday. :doh:

468652[/snapback]

Jay never said he would be booing or Moulds deserved boos, just making a valid observation on the probable fanboy stadium mood this Sunday. #80 should save his talk for the locker room and team meetings, NOT for the press.

Could it be that is what Jay was objecting to? Hmmmmmmmm? When did Jay attack Moulds?

I question your statement that Moulds absolutely is "the most respected and senior veteran on the team".

That said, I will not boo him and will cheer if he makes good plays! :doh:

That has to be one of the most fickle things I have ever heard.

I question any Bills fan who claims that Moulds deserves boos. He is a constant on this franchise and deserves to speak out when necessary. He was in full support of JP throughout camp and during the offseason.  He is simply stating that this team needs to win now.  To fault him for that, after all the years he has spent in this organization, is just plain wrong.

Is he a top 5 receiver? No. 

Is he the most respected and most senior veteran on the team?  Absolutely.

Separate the two before you attack Moulds.

469213[/snapback]

It's the pinning the blame on one individual that some here find too convenient and cowardly. The offensive line pass blocking and the play calling had just as much to do with our pitiful offense as JP did. This just smells really foul on a multitude of levels. So what happens when Holcomb starts getting wacked around the field because of sh*tty line play? The Bills coaches and players will look like a bunch of cowards for hiding behind the excuse that it was JP holding us down. The receivers better have a big day because they obviously feel the problem has been solved with the switch. We'll see. The inmates are now running the asylum, that's just wonderful. I have zero respect for Mike Malarkey.

468872[/snapback]

If the Bills coaches were cowards, they would have played Losman the whole year, and blamed any losses on giving the rookie experience. With Holcomb under center, the Bills can't blame any losses to Miami or the Jets on the rookie. Seems to me the coaches are looking for wins, not excuses.

FYI, Moulds did not exactly let the cat out of the bag. A day before he even spoke, Len Pasquarelli threw out a confirmed report on ESPN.com stating that Holcomb would be this week's starter, as confirmed by members of the Bills front office.

Moulds has been quite the team player throughout all this. He rarely complains about touches and he just wants to win now. I see nothing wrong with expressing that to the media. He even took the time to speak with JP and let him know that he is the future of the franchise and to keep his head up. Mularkey has repeatedly singled out Moulds as the veteran solely most resposible for Losman's development -- the extra time he spends with him during practice, after practice and during the offseason have been invaluable. He even took the time to hang with him off the field.

And there is no question that Moulds is the most senior and most respected veteran on the team. The only player that might come close is Troy Vincent, but Moulds has been with the organization for a longer period of time. Nevertheless, if he isn't number 1, he's at least top 2.

And I too will cheer him when he makes plays. Hopefully, Holcomb will provide him with that opportunity.

Jay never said he would be booing or Moulds deserved boos, just making a valid observation on the probable fanboy stadium mood this Sunday.  #80 should save his talk for the locker room and team meetings, NOT for the press.

Could it be that is what Jay was objecting to? Hmmmmmmmm?  When did Jay attack Moulds?

I question your statement that Moulds absolutely is "the most respected and senior veteran on the team".

That said, I will not boo him and will cheer if he makes good plays!  :flirt:

469317[/snapback]

FYI, Moulds did not exactly let the cat out of the bag.  A day before he even spoke, Len Pasquarelli threw out a confirmed report on ESPN.com stating that Holcomb would be this week's starter, as confirmed by members of the Bills front office. 

Moulds has been quite the team player throughout all this. He rarely complains about touches and he just wants to win now.  I see nothing wrong with expressing that to the media.  He even took the time to speak with JP and let him know that he is the future of the franchise and to keep his head up.  Mularkey has repeatedly singled out Moulds as the veteran solely most resposible for Losman's development -- the extra time he spends with him during practice, after practice and during the offseason have been invaluable.  He even took the time to hang with him off the field.

And there is no question that Moulds is the most senior and most respected veteran on the team. The only player that might come close is Troy Vincent, but Moulds has been with the organization for a longer period of time.  Nevertheless, if he isn't number 1, he's at least top 2.

And I too will cheer him when he makes plays.  Hopefully, Holcomb will provide him with that opportunity.

469603[/snapback]

la la la la la la la la :flirt:

Jay never said he would be booing or Moulds deserved boos, just making a valid observation on the probable fanboy stadium mood this Sunday.  #80 should save his talk for the locker room and team meetings, NOT for the press.

Exactly. Moulds deserves to crank about this in the locker room and his opinion should be respected. It's probably fair to assume his complaining had a lot to do with the change. There is no need, however, with the decision already made to keep speaking publicly. Especially when the coach (whether you like him or not) has made it clear the "the bills are not speaking about this." The decision was made, he got what he wanted...why persist in presenting the obvious to the press. His comments give the team's (coaches and veterans and?) decision a personal zing that is unnecessary. Whether he feels that way or not, his "we want to win now" commentary set in the backdrop of a QB change clearly calls out JP as the sole reason we have lost 3 of 4. Moulds to be booed? Shouldn't happen. He's been too good to us for too long. I'd like the chance to quietly tell him to shut up though.

If Moulds was on any other team, he would be in the Hall of Fame when he retired.

He can and should talk all he wants.

469623[/snapback]

He's been very good to great at times, but never once did I feel he had HoF talent. Just my opinion, I wouldn't object to hearing someone make a case for him.

Because DeeRay said this so perfectly in another thread, I decided to post it here:

He could have pulled a TO and said trade me now. Instead, a 10 year vet took the pulse of his offense, something you would think the HC would do, and the consensus was that the offense is better left in the hands of Holcomb. So, Moulds has the balls to step up to the plate and tell the coach the results of this pulse taking. The coach agrees. end of story.

If the offense moves better under Holcomb, doesn't that help the defense out and the special teams as well? So, if the Holcomb move works, don't all three phases of the game inprove and the TEAM improve? Will Moulds get credit if that happens?

What does this team have to lose by making the switch at QB now? If they lose and continue to suck on offense, JP will be back in quickly and they can continue to suck until he learns not to suck.

Exactly.  Moulds deserves to crank about this in the locker room and his opinion should be respected.  It's probably fair to assume his complaining had a lot to do with the change.  There is no need, however, with the decision already made to keep speaking publicly.  Especially when the coach (whether you like him or not) has made it clear the "the bills are not speaking about this."  The decision was made, he got what he wanted...why persist in presenting the obvious to the press.  His comments give the team's (coaches and veterans and?) decision a personal zing that is unnecessary.  Whether he feels that way or not, his "we want to win now" commentary set in the backdrop of a QB change clearly calls out JP as the sole reason we have lost 3 of 4.  Moulds to be booed?  Shouldn't happen.  He's been too good to us for too long.  I'd like the chance to quietly tell him to shut up though.

469624[/snapback]

Yeah, what he said.

Moulds should be looking in the mirror, not pointing fingers. Some of the most obvious poor performances last Sunday (other than Losman) came from Moulds, Vincent, Adams, Teague... these veterans who so badly want to win now... Moulds could've gone to the coach, voiced the concerns, and let the coach deal. But no - he had to go to Losman which basically tells Losman he doesn't have the support of those veterans. Then he had to go to the press, which told everyone the same thing, and now we all know there's a rift there. Once Losman does get the job back you think Moulds will be his primary target?

And no, I won't boo anyone except the fish on Sunday - I never do.