Banks quote on SI.com

Amstel

"That sound you hear emanating from Buffalo was the J.P. Losman era officially reaching a crisis point. Can anybody be enjoying that rapid development more than Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe? Kelly Holcomb, it's your job to lose."

I'm not saying I agree with his statement I just posted it........what do you think?

"That sound you hear emanating from Buffalo was the J.P. Losman era officially reaching a crisis point. Can anybody be enjoying that rapid development more than Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe? Kelly Holcomb, it's your job to lose."

I'm not saying I agree with his statement I just posted it........what do you think?

464599[/snapback]

Let's see how much DB "enjoys" playing the Eagles this week. :)

In all honesty, I don't think Drew cares really. He needed to leave Buffalo, it wasn't a good team for him to be on, which is apparent since he seems to be doing better in Dallas. So good for him.

But of course... i'm sure there's a tiny part of him who's jumping for joy that JP, the guy that took his job, is not doing particularly well. But i'd like to think he's just happy that he's moved on to a team more complimentary to him...

Many of you criticized DB for saying that he did not want to back up JP. There is no way that DB should be a back up to JP at this point in either of their careers.

DB is playing for a coach and team that know how to use his talents. JP is stuck on a team that made the misjudgment of advancing his time table and not appreciating the importance of an o-line that is necessary for any QB to be effective.

As a result, we are in the process of wasting this year because of management's hubris. Rather than correcting the real flaws on this team, they chose to blame it all on DB (as did many on this board) and outsmarted themselves.

I just hope that we can salvage something from this year -- hopefully with kicking the sh*t out of the Dolphins this week.

Many of you criticized DB for saying that he did not want to back up JP.  There is no way that DB should be a back up to JP at this point in either of their careers.

DB is playing for a coach and team that know how to use his talents.  JP is stuck on a team that made the misjudgment of advancing his time table and not appreciating the importance of an o-line that is necessary for any QB to be effective.

As a result, we are in the process of wasting this year because of management's hubris.  Rather than correcting the real flaws on this team, they chose to blame it all on DB (as did many on this board) and outsmarted themselves. 

I just hope that we can salvage something from this year -- hopefully with kicking the sh*t out of the Dolphins this week.

464626[/snapback]

great post... I totally agree... I didn't like having Bledsoe here at all... and wanted him gone as much as anyone else, but I didn't think he was all our problems either. I'm very glad he went to Dallas and is doing well again... As for JP, I wanted him to have the chance to play this year, but was desperately hoping the Bills would do something with their OL before this year started.

464599[/snapback]

Banks is a moron for making those comments. In fact, anyone writing off JP after four games is a moron. This guy has no clue about the Bills. If he did he know that Holcomb has created no sparks in his relief efforts. He also has no clue as to the reason it would be stupid to bench Losman since the team as a whole has had miserable performances up and down the roster.

Game 1 vs. SD: Bledsoe plays in Cowboy debut like he did in his first 8 games as a Bill. End result: W.

Game 2 vs. Skins: Bledsoe faces a DC who knows his weaknesses well, and has a rather ho-hum performance. End result: L

Game 3 vs. 49ers: Bledsoe beats up on the 49ers like he beat them up as a Bill last year. End result: W

Game 4 vs. Raiders: Bledsoe plays in Oakland a lot like he did there last year as a Bill. End result: L

Yawn. Next...

Game 1 vs. SD: Bledsoe plays in Cowboy debut like he did in his first 8 games as a Bill. End result: W.

Game 2 vs. Skins: Bledsoe faces a DC who knows his weaknesses well, and has a rather ho-hum performance. End result: L

Game 3 vs. 49ers: Bledsoe beats up on the 49ers like he beat them up as a Bill last year. End result: W

Game 4 vs. Raiders: Bledsoe plays in Oakland a lot like he did there last year as a Bill. End result: L

Yawn. Next...

464660[/snapback]

Yeah, right. Keep saying that and you might convince even yourself.

The guy is the third ranked QB in the NFC. What is our QB ranked?

Even in the two Cowboy losses, they came down to the end of the game. In our three losses, we were pathetic.

Yeah, right.  Keep saying that and you might convince even yourself.

Even in the two Cowboy losses, they came down to the end of the game.  In our three losses, we were pathetic.

464673[/snapback]

You missed the point. JP is still an unknown; Drew is repeating history.

everyone's getting ahead of themselves...does anyone hear remember how bad eli manning was last year?

464701[/snapback]

Sure do. And while JP could be as good as Eli Manning or as bad as Ryan Leaf or something in between, Drew is Drew and will always be Drew.

Cowboys finish 8-8 and just miss the playoffs.

Even in the two Cowboy losses, they came down to the end of the game.  In our three losses, we were pathetic.

464673[/snapback]

Bledsoe still sucks. If I had a choice between JP who I trust will get much better or Drew "King of not meeting expectations" Bledsoe then I'll still take my chances with Losman thank you.

Bledsoe still sucks. If I had a choice between JP who I trust will get much better or Drew "King of not meeting expectations" Bledsoe  then I'll still take my chances with Losman thank you.

464721[/snapback]

Good for you.

You think thats bad read this:

The J.P in J.P. Losman stands for Just Pathetic

Seriously, what is it going to take for Bills’ coach Mike Mularkey to finally go with Kelly Holcomb over J.P. Losman? I mean Holcomb may not be Jim Kelly (well, maybe compared to Losman he is), but he can at least move the ball down the field and take pressure off of Willis McGahee, which are two things that Losman has failed to do this season. Losman has been “Just Pathetic” in these first 4 games of the 2005 season. How bad has he been? In the first 4 weeks of the season, he has totaled just 433 yards passing, Marc Bulger passed for 442 yards in week 4 alone. His quarterback rating is a paltry 55.9, which is last in the league. And, he has thrown for as many passing TDs (1) as LaDainian Tomlinson. Losman has truly earned the nickname “Just Pathetic” Losman.

http://bruno.mostvaluablenetwork.com/whool...ed-from-week-4/

My favorite citique of Sundays game .....

Snake's Take: This game is forkin' ridiculous. I get the report that Joe Horn isn't going to play today so I quickly run to change my pick to Buffalo. With no Joe Horn, there is no way New Orleans is going to do anything right? How quickly I forgot JP Losman couldn't score on a fat chick with a bucket of chicken. Just-Pitiful Losman is without a doubt the worst NFL QB this year and that's saying something with Kyle Orton and Brooks Bollinger in action. Buffalo's season is quickly swirling the crapper and as long as they keep Just-Pitiful in there, it should only take a couple more weeks to put the nail in the coffin. Matt Leinart anyone? Deuce McAllister rumbled for 130 yards today and Aaron Brooks managed to not look like a total bumbling boob as he didn't have a single interception or fumble. Shocking. Donte Stallworth filled in nicely for Horn as he hauled in 8 catches for a buck twenty-nine. Both of these teams gargle fuzz-sack but at least the Aints can get some kind of offense going.

Snake's Take: This game is forkin' ridiculous. I get the report that Joe Horn isn't going to play today so I quickly run to change my pick to Buffalo. With no Joe Horn, there is no way New Orleans is going to do anything right? How quickly I forgot JP Losman couldn't score on a fat chick with a bucket of chicken. Just-Pitiful Losman is without a doubt the worst NFL QB this year and that's saying something with Kyle Orton and Brooks Bollinger in action. Buffalo's season is quickly swirling the crapper and as long as they keep Just-Pitiful in there, it should only take a couple more weeks to put the nail in the coffin. Matt Leinart anyone? Deuce McAllister rumbled for 130 yards today and Aaron Brooks managed to not look like a total bumbling boob as he didn't have a single interception or fumble. Shocking. Donte Stallworth filled in nicely for Horn as he hauled in 8 catches for a buck twenty-nine. Both of these teams gargle fuzz-sack but at least the Aints can get some kind of offense going.

464806[/snapback]

What an eloquent writer.

DB is playing for a coach and team that know how to use his talents.  JP is stuck on a team that made the misjudgment of advancing his time table and not appreciating the importance of an o-line that is necessary for any QB to be effective.

464626[/snapback]

Yet, despite this, if the Cowboys lose to the Eagles this weekend (likely) and the Bills beat the Dolphins at the Ralph the Bills and the Cowboys have the same record...

Yet, despite this, if the Cowboys lose to the Eagles this weekend (likely) and the Bills beat the Dolphins at the Ralph the Bills and the Cowboys have the same record...

464828[/snapback]

We will see where both teams are at the end of the season.

I really hope that the Bills kick ass on Sunday against those Dolphins. To do so, we better play a whole hell of a lot better than we have.

Seriously, what is it going to take for Bills’ coach Mike Mularkey to finally go with Kelly Holcomb over J.P. Losman? I mean Holcomb may not be Jim Kelly (well, maybe compared to Losman he is), but he can at least move the ball down the field and take pressure off of Willis McGahee, which are two things that Losman has failed to do this season. Losman has been “Just Pathetic” in these first 4 games of the 2005 season. How bad has he been? In the first 4 weeks of the season, he has totaled just 433 yards passing, Marc Bulger passed for 442 yards in week 4 alone. His quarterback rating is a paltry 55.9, which is last in the league. And, he has thrown for as many passing TDs (1) as LaDainian Tomlinson. Losman has truly earned the nickname “Just Pathetic” Losman.

464763[/snapback]

Running the ball 16 times. Yeah, there's a ton of pressure on McGahee.

We will see where both teams are at the end of the season.

I really hope that the Bills kick ass on Sunday against those Dolphins.  To do so, we better play a whole hell of a lot better than we have.

464834[/snapback]

The good news is they can't play any worse, so there's nowhere to go but up.

if anyone caught the Comboys Raider game sunday. Drew had four chances from the 5 yd line with at the end of the game to win it. third down- fade to the corner of the end zone= over thrown. Fourth down- quick out to the te on the goal line= under thrown. Those two downs sum up Drew at this point in his career. Im glad we dumped him becuase atleast JP can improve and get better- Drew is going in the opposite direction and has been for the past three seasons.

if anyone caught the Comboys Raider game sunday. Drew had four chances from the 5 yd line with at the end of the game to win it. third down- fade to the corner of the end zone= over thrown. Fourth down- quick out to the te on the goal line= under thrown. Those two downs sum up Drew at this point in his career. Im glad we dumped him becuase atleast JP can improve and get better- Drew is going in the opposite direction and has been for the past three seasons.

464946[/snapback]

Shutup! Drew Rules! He has like, mega awesome stats. :lol:

464946[/snapback]

Actually, you should have heard Bill Parcells describe those plays.

On the one running play, there was a blown blocking assignment.

On the fade, the receiver was covered and ran out of real estate.

On the fourth down play, the receiver should have caught it. According to Parcells, it would have been a first down.

For what it was worth, Parcells seemed most pissed off about Demarcus Ware lining up in the neutral zone. According, to Parcells, that cost them three points (which ended up being the difference in the game).

In the end, DB had a decent game. He did not have a great game. The Cowpokes lost.

Actually, you should have heard Bill Parcells describe those plays. 

On the one running play, there was a blown blocking assignment.

On the fade, the receiver was covered and ran out of real estate.

On the fourth down play, the receiver should have caught it.  According to Parcells, it would have been a first down.

For what it was worth, Parcells seemed most pissed off about Demarcus Ware lining up in the neutral zone.  According, to Parcells, that cost them three points (which ended up being the difference in the game).

In the end, DB had a decent game.  He did not have a great game. The Cowpokes lost.

465122[/snapback]

If Parcells called out Nancy in the press he'd curl up into the fetal position all week.

If Parcells called out Nancy in the press he'd curl up into the fetal position all week.

465126[/snapback]

Based on his track record, I trust his judgment more than TD's and MM's. You can now accuse me of stating the obvious.

Based on his track record, I trust his judgment more than TD's and MM's.  You can know accuse me of stating the obvious.

465128[/snapback]

Based on track record, I trust Bellysick's judgement more than Parcell's (Only one of them has won a SB without the other).

Based on track record, I trust Bellysick's judgement more than Parcell's (Only one of them has won a SB without the other).

465131[/snapback]

If you are saying that Tom Brady is better than DB. You are correct. Tom Brady is as good a QB as there is in the game.

JP is not better than DB at this stage of their careers though.

You think thats bad read this:

The J.P in J.P. Losman stands for Just Pathetic

http://bruno.mostvaluablenetwork.com/whool...ed-from-week-4/

464763[/snapback]

Do you wash before you come here? Your computer goes just about anywhere doesn't it...?

464673[/snapback]

2 losses, 13 points each game by the Dallas offense. Same old Drew. Just because JP is playing like s**t, it doesn't mean Drew is playing any better than he did last year, when against good teams, he couldn't get the job done-which is leading his team to victory. Dallas is 2-2, not exactly reaping the benefits of having the 3rd ranked QB in the NFC. I'll take at least half the guys ranked below him over Drew.

Sure he's a better QB than Losman is right now, and he may always be better than JP (see Flutie over Johnson). But being better than JP doesn't mean anything right now.

2 losses, 13 points each game by the Dallas offense.  Same old Drew.  Just because JP is playing like s**t, it doesn't mean Drew is playing any better than he did last year, when against good teams, he couldn't get the job done-which is leading his team to victory.  Dallas is 2-2, not exactly reaping the benefits of having the 3rd ranked QB in the NFC.  I'll take at least half the guys ranked below him over Drew.

Sure he's a better QB than Losman is right now, and he may always be better than JP (see Flutie over Johnson).  But being better than JP doesn't mean anything right now.

465198[/snapback]

The point is that the Bills "brain trust" made the wrong decision on so many different levels. They deluded themselves into believing that the ills of this team were attributable to one player (who happens to be having a pretty good year thus far).

P.S. It is funny that you mention Flutie. How many games did he start for the Bills where the Bills scored in the teens or below?

P.S.  It is funny that you mention Flutie.  How many games did he start for the Bills where the Bills scored in the teens or below?

465213[/snapback]

Enough for us not to have home field advantage.

At least he got us to the playoffs though.

The point is that the Bills "brain trust" made the wrong decision on so many different levels.  They deluded themselves into believing that the ills of this team were attributable to one player (who happens to be having a pretty good year thus far).  

P.S.  It is funny that you mention Flutie.  How many games did he start for the Bills where the Bills scored in the teens or below?

465213[/snapback]

See any one or more of the "put butts in seats" threads. I think they pretty well know exactly what they're doing, and have for a while. Each year is a new gimmick, in an organization unable/unwilling to spend.

But, yeah, I know - we're admitedly sheep.

Enough for us not to have home field advantage.

At least he got us to the playoffs though.

465222[/snapback]

It is funny how things have changed. Back then, we expected to go to the playoffs. It is unbelievable that our last playoff appearance was in the home run throwup game.

It is funny how things have changed.  Back then, we expected to go to the playoffs.  It is unbelievable that our last playoff appearance was in the home run throwup game.

465228[/snapback]

I know, seems like forever ago. :lol:

The point is that the Bills "brain trust" made the wrong decision on so many different levels.  They deluded themselves into believing that the ills of this team were attributable to one player (who happens to be having a pretty good year thus far). 

465213[/snapback]

The current situation is better than Drew starting, the Bills missing the playoffs (like we've done the past 3 years with Drew) and having JP struggle next year. Like it or not, at some point JP was going to get his chance and he (like just about all first time starters) was going to struggle, no matter how many years he had on the bench.

The way you propose has the Bills missing the playoffs for at least two years. Though I’m assuming when it came time to bite the bullet next year and start JP you'd hedge again and want to stick it out with Drew because it "isn't his fault". After years and years of this we'd eventually have a 70-year-old Bledsoe on the field who still hadn't gotten the Bills to the playoffs and there'd be a faction out there that still wanted to keep him over a young QB because they don't have the patience to watch him struggle. After all, a veteran gives us a better shot at winning. :lol: