i know this is something that has no chance of

meazza

happening but imagine a guy like favre on the bills... he would never come to buffalo but wouldnt it be crazy if a guy like this came to play for a year or two for us

how much would he make our team better :blink:

happening but imagine a guy like favre on the bills... he would never come to buffalo but wouldnt it be crazy if a guy like this came to play for a year or two for us

how much would he make our team better  :blink:

464151[/snapback]

Sorry to spoil the party////BUT..Does anyone realize that Favre has regularly thrown a TON of interceptions the past few years??? Sure---he has the occasional big game still that WOWS all of us.But overall he makes a LOT of terrible throws /decisions.

Didn't we just get rid of an over the hill quarterback that throws an interception at the worst time. Some people just need to face it, JP is the quarterback. No one likes losing but historically teams with first time starters do not do well. With the exception of Marino and Big Ben. Ride out the season with JP.

I was thinking about this last night as I was watching the Green Bay-Carolina game.

The Packers are now at 0-4 and even though they are in a horrible division, they knew that the team is very flawed and needs an infusion of young talent to start the rebuilding process. They also have the young QB in house with Aaron Rogers.

Would it be reasonible to offer Green Bay next year's 2nd & 3rd round picks to trade the Bills Brett Favre.

The Bills could throw in Holcombe to round out the deal, make JP the back-up for 2005 and let him prepare for 2006. The question is would Favre ever approve a trade such as this. In my opinion, he wants to go out a winner and if he can't would prefer to retire.

There is no chance in GB for him to win and everything is pretty much in place here in Buffalo. He could lead the Bills to the playoffs in 2005 , and possibly to a legitimate run for a Super Bowl berth and then retire leaving the team to JP in 2006.

The other alternative would be Steve McNair of the Titans. Although after the Travis Henry deal, they might not care to deal with the Bills in the near future.

Anyways, would love to hear your feedback on what I am suggesting.

This is just a desperate attempt to mortgage the future of the franchise to “win now” while attempting to resurrect the career of an aging qb with no guarantees that they would fare any better behind this crappy o line. Favre and McNair are both on the downside of their careers.

I would think that it would be all but impossible. I don't know his contract, but I am positive that it contains a huge signing bonus that GB would have to eat.

Also, why continue to waste draft picks on qbs; an old one at that?

We have an extra 3rd that will probably be an early pick. I am hoping for a 4th for losing Jennings/Williams. Sorry, but our picks will probably be on the early side as well.

With a few cuts, a good draft and a free agent or 2, the Bills will have a good football team in 06 without getting Favre and his mileage.

I would think that it would be all but impossible. I don't know his contract, but I am positive that it contains a huge signing bonus that GB would have to eat.

Also, why continue to waste draft picks on qbs; an old one at that?

We have an extra 3rd that will probably be an early pick. I am hoping for a 4th for losing Jennings/Williams. Sorry, but our picks will probably be on the early side as well.

With a few cuts, a good draft and a free agent or 2, the Bills will have a good football team in 06 without getting Favre and his mileage.

464557[/snapback]

Add to it the fact that it would be a horrible trade for both teams. All the Packers have right now, that makes them the Packers, is Brett Favre. All the Bills have right now, is hope for the future. We will need draft picks a lot more than Favre. Don't get me wrong, I love Favre, but this is very likely his last season. Who knows, he might stick around another year, in Green Bay, but I couldn't see him going all the way to Buffalo, to extend his already hall of fame carreer, on a rebuilding team...it makes absolutely zero sense.

Besides, we already have the next Brett Favre! :)