i know this is something that has no chance of

meazza

I was thinking about this last night as I was watching the Green Bay-Carolina game.

The Packers are now at 0-4 and even though they are in a horrible division, they knew that the team is very flawed and needs an infusion of young talent to start the rebuilding process.  They also have the young QB in house with Aaron Rogers.

Would it be reasonible to offer Green Bay next year's 2nd & 3rd round picks to trade the Bills Brett Favre.

The Bills could throw in Holcombe to round out the deal, make JP the back-up for 2005 and let him prepare for 2006.  The question is would Favre ever approve a trade such as this.  In my opinion, he wants to go out a winner and if he can't would prefer to retire.

There is no chance in GB for him to win and everything is pretty much in place here in Buffalo.  He could lead the Bills to the playoffs in 2005 , and possibly to a legitimate run for a Super Bowl berth and then retire leaving the team to JP in 2006.

The other alternative would be Steve McNair of the Titans.  Although after the Travis Henry deal, they might not care to deal with the Bills in the near future.

Anyways, would love to hear your feedback on what I am suggesting.

464535[/snapback]

So what would you do if JP struggled at the beginning of next year after sitting on the bench behind Brett Farve? Find the next over the hill QB to trade away future picks for? I think we have traded away enough draft picks for QBs.