Penninngton and Harrison gone for the

DrPJax

Pennington gone with a second tear to his rotator cuff, and Harrison gone with ACL. MCL, and PCL ligament tears (sounds similiar to Mcgahee's injury). That may result in the Jets game as the only game we may be favorites in the rest of the year. The rest of our schedule looks very tough considering our previous two weeks performances. Even if our D regains some of its composure, we just don't have enough offensive firepower to compete with the AFC west teams, Cinci, New England, or even Miami who will have Ricky back by the time we play them. Not getting to Vick even once is an ominous sign since he is a frequently sacked QB. Our DL is getting no rush, as compared to a vastly improved Indy unit for comparison, who have 13 sacks already by their D lineman ! Also, given that we are going to be facing very good backs the rest of the way, like Mccallister, holmes, tomilinson, ricky,dillon, and the Denver group, we appear to be in for TEAMS following the blueprints of Tampa and Atlanta, and just ramming the ball down our throats. Add the loss of TKO to this, and this begins to look like a bleak picture. I also don't really think Parrish or a rookie tight end coming off of an acl injury will turn this offense around. For some reason, Mularkey and Clements are not doing anything to get the ball in the hands of Evans or Moulds, who could be used for reverses and other creative plays. Anyone watch LT for the chargers last night ? He was used very creatively, and yet our staff continues to keep the ball out of Mcgahees hands on third downs and even short yardage situations. This is a very puzzeling start to what we all hoped would be and exciting year for us. Lets hope the coaching staff quits the conservative play calling before the season is gone by our bye week !

Stop blaming bad quarterback play on the coaching staff.

I got news for you, Mularkey and Clements aren't out there playing quarterback. Losman's making the decisions, hes the one not getting the ball into the hands of Evans or Moulds.

He overthrew Moulds on two long throws, and Evans on another.

He was also AWFUL in terms of accuracy on the day.

The playcalling isn't the problem, the quarterback is.

456080[/snapback]

I was going to blast your post.. as just another stupid fan post.. until I realized.. your right for the most part.

it is JP's fault.. because he is playing.. However, he is playing exactly like a first year QB in the NFL normaly plays. So yes it is his fault.. but that is to be expected

But where you are wrong, is in the coaching. The coaches need to get JP ready, and put a scheme together where they can win the game with little game play from JP. Handing off, little dump passes,

The coaching staff has not built a game plan where this team can win with little play from the QB.

Fact is we are relying on JP to do more then the team relied on Bledsoe

Stop blaming bad quarterback play on the coaching staff.

I got news for you, Mularkey and Clements aren't out there playing quarterback. Losman's making the decisions, hes the one not getting the ball into the hands of Evans or Moulds.

He overthrew Moulds on two long throws, and Evans on another.

He was also AWFUL in terms of accuracy on the day.

The playcalling isn't the problem, the quarterback is.

456080[/snapback]

I was not giving JP a pass on his poor play so far. I am just unimpressed with the staffs ability to try and compensate during his "learning curve" while he is playing poorly. Jp doesn't have to be accurate to hand the ball off to MOulds or evans on an occasional reverse. If he can't get it to them in the air, why not try handing it off to them to at least have the chance they could make a big play for us. What would we have to lose when we were averaging just a little over a YD. per pass attempt ? Why not try a half back option when Jp is so obvioulsy having difficulty, and the falcon's were playing with a secondary of street free agents who had never played together before according to their coach? Wouldn't they be more likely to bite up on a reverse or half back option? Why does Mularkey "have" to give Mcgahee a breather on third downs, obviously taking a premier playmaker off the field when we are terrible on third down conversions? Is a premiere back in the prime of his career really that out of shape that he needs a breather every third down, or is the coaching staff sticking to a personel package and unwilling to change as the game dictates? Despite Mcgahee's obvious running, he is continually pulled off, and made a non factor on third downs by the coaching staff. Do you remember Thurman being pulled off the field this frequently? What about some toss plays to Mcgahee, or if they are willing to call QB draws with JP as they appear to be, why not try an option with him pitching to Mcgahee? My point, which you failed to grasp, was if Jp is playing poorly, what can you do as a COACHING STAff to help him succeed ! OUR staff is trying to protect and simplify things so much for him, that they have become so predictable and they are compounding our chances of failure. They are falling into the old cliche' of calling the game not lose it rather than take some chances to win.

I was going to blast your post.. as just another stupid fan post.. until I realized.. your right for the most part.

it is JP's fault.. because he is playing.. However, he is playing exactly like a first year QB in the NFL normaly plays.  So yes it is his fault.. but that is to be expected

But where you are wrong, is in the coaching.  The coaches need to get JP ready, and put a scheme together where they can win the game with little game play from JP.  Handing off, little dump passes,

The coaching staff has not built a game plan where this team can win with little play from the QB.

456118[/snapback]

Bingo,,,,you hit the nail on the head !! The coaching and game plans the past two weeks have been as poor as those of the days of the properly named Gregg Williams. When you read Mularkeys comments to the fan's questions, it comes across as " we are going to stick to our came plan" no matter how poorly it may be working or regardless of developments in the game. That is poor COACHING, and is reminiscent of the days of Greggo ! :o

"Jets | Fiedler Has Separated Shoulder

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:47:35 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports New York Jets QB Jay Fiedler (shoulder) has a separated shoulder. "

So now their #1 and #2 are out I assume. Harrison and Light are really going to hurt the Patriots, even though they are still going to be good. The Jets are screwed. The Dolphins are a .500 team. No matter how much we suck, or people think we suck, we're still going to be in this race.

it is JP's fault.. because he is playing.. However, he is playing exactly like a first year QB in the NFL normaly plays.  So yes it is his fault.. but that is to be expected

But where you are wrong, is in the coaching.  The coaches need to get JP ready, and put a scheme together where they can win the game with little game play from JP.  Handing off, little dump passes,

456118[/snapback]

Are you suggestion quick pop passes and 5 yards out to the TE? Those are high percentage throws that should build his confidence. I don't think the Bills ran any screen plays against Atlanta. With how aggressive Atlanta's front DL was, that might have gone for alot of yards

I am so glad that Harrison got a season and hopefully career ending injury after all of the injuries he inflicted on others with cheap shots. He was the only player i ever REALLY wished injury upon. He is a POS and deserves to never play the game again.

456209[/snapback]

The stations here in Patriette-land are reporting this in the station-breaks as an 'Aww shucks, he's such a great guy' thing that Harrison's career may be over. My reaction is the same as yours, and it's not bitter gamesmanship b/c I'm a Bills fan --- this punk cheap-shot artist being out of the NFL is a good thing. I figure it's too bad he didn't die on the field or get his brain permanently scrambled (that would be cosmic justice, no?). I don't normally wish ill on people, but he is a terrible human being, actually trying to seriously injure guys and taking joy from it. Now he'll wind up on some pregame show, all of which are getting more and more stupid.

I was not giving JP a pass on his poor play so far.  I am just unimpressed with the staffs ability to try and compensate during his "learning curve" while he is playing poorly.  Jp doesn't have to be accurate to hand the ball off to MOulds or evans on an occasional reverse. If he can't get it to them in the air, why not try handing it off to them to at least have the chance they could make a big play for us. What would we have to lose when we were averaging just a little over a YD. per pass attempt ?  Why not try a half back option when Jp is so obvioulsy having difficulty, and the falcon's were playing with a secondary of street free agents who had never played together before according to their coach?  Wouldn't they be more likely to bite up on a reverse or half back option?  Why does Mularkey "have" to give Mcgahee a breather on third downs, obviously taking a premier playmaker off the field when we are terrible on third down conversions? Is a premiere back in the prime of his career really that out of shape that he needs a breather every third down, or is the coaching staff sticking to a personel package and unwilling to change as the game dictates? Despite Mcgahee's obvious running, he is continually pulled off, and made a non factor on third downs by the coaching staff.  Do you remember Thurman being pulled off the field this frequently?  What about some toss plays to Mcgahee, or if they are willing to call QB draws with JP as they appear to be, why not try an option with him pitching to Mcgahee?  My point, which you failed to grasp, was if Jp is playing poorly, what can you do as a COACHING STAff to help him succeed !  OUR staff is trying to protect and simplify things so much for him, that they have become so predictable and they are compounding our chances of failure. They are falling into the old cliche' of calling the game not lose it rather than take some chances to win.

456124[/snapback]

I forgot that all those downfield throws early in the game that JP missed were a clear indication of a predictable coaching staff calling a game "not to lose" rather than to win. :o Thanks for providing brilliant insight to clear the matter up for those of us less enlightened :lol:

I forgot that all those downfield throws early in the game that JP missed were a clear indication of a predictable coaching staff calling a game "not to lose" rather than to win.  :o  Thanks for providing brilliant insight to clear the matter up for those of us less enlightened  :lol:

456266[/snapback]

Wow, two go patterns on the first series of play calling. Very innovative ! Completely predicatble playcalling the rest of the game as far as down and distace was concerned. If I as a non professional, casual fan, can read the tendencies of our offense, that is a problem. Others who are professional, for example Jim KElly, stated similar things. Not "brilliant" insight to quote you, but then again football is not a "brilliant" sport, and if my recall is correct, most of the players, and quite a few of the armchair analysts (fans) can't even speak appropriate english or finish complete thoughts. I might even include someone who is still enamoured with the fantasy and adolescent world of Star Wars in that category of "non-brilliant" thinkers who might actually miss the point of my previous post. But that wouldn't include someone as enlightened as you would it ? The results of our coaching speak for themselves, 1-2. Ill-timed and ineffective blitzing, "personel packages" that keep a premiere running back off the field for third downs, and inablity to get the ball in the hands of playmakers like Evans and Moulds will contiue to provide a predictable coaching outcome; losing ! "Brilliant", to quote both you and a now infamous commercial !!! ;):lol:

ESPN News just reported Pennington gone for the year.  Confirmed by AP.

456074[/snapback]

Fiedler is also out for 6-8 weeks. Hello Brooks Bollinger.

Seau may be doubtful for the Bills as well.

I for one am still optimistic, I may be in a minority, but I expect this team to turn around. Even with the loss of TKO, I think the D will hold its own. Everything in life happens for areason. Maybe Angelo Crowell will be a talent that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Give both him and JP a chance to learn, play, and grow as we go. JP WILL turn it around. he seems a little gunshy, afraid to make the mistake. I still see us being a 9-7 team, Willis finally found some holes...