MM & TD need to make a decision

zow2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Reich is hundred times better than JP Losman. Frank Reich got us to our 3rd SuperBowl. He won the games against the Oilers and the Steelers and I thought he played beetter in that SB against the Cowboys than Kelly did. Reich could have started for half the teams in this league.

454296[/snapback]

That wasn't my point

0:) Um...because TD doesn't take ownership for bad decisions. Look at past history. It says it all./

454363[/snapback]

Something tells me you didn't have 54 unique thoughts today, despite the fact that you have posted 54 times. :P

If it is one thing many former posters had in commmon - it was diarrhea of the keyboard.

May as well just write off the year as a training year. Holcomb is not the long term answer for sure. Losman may not even be the long term answer, but let him play this year and see what happens. Of course, by the time he develops into a superb quarterback, our aging defense will be retired and we'll still only be good on one side of the ball. What else is new? Where the hell is the defense? Gray is being outsmarted.

We're always playing for the future. JP is not Jim Kelly and we didn't come off a 2-14 season. It's like let's do it for the kids. LAME. The hell with the kids and the hell with Losman. If he improves in practices in the future, play him, otherwise bench him.

Just like kids, the cream always rises to the top. If he is cream, he will eventually rise. I just don't see it at this point.

454245[/snapback]

Don't tell me, I'm not the one that made the decision. All I said was in response to "MM & TD need to make a decision"; I replied, in effect, "They already have." :P

May as well just write off the year as a training year.  Holcomb is not the long term answer for sure.  Losman may not even be the long term answer, but let him play this year and see what happens.  Of course, by the time he develops into a superb quarterback, our aging defense will be retired and we'll still only be good on one side of the ball.  What else is new?  Where the hell is the defense?  Gray is being outsmarted.

454445[/snapback]

Herm Edwards is not a great coach. But I agree with him when he says, "you play to win the game". You go with the guy who has the best chance to win every week until you're out of it. Then you develop players. Maybe Mularkey believes Losman actually gives the Bills the best chance to win. Maybe this is Donahoe's call. It's a shame if they both think Holcomb is better and go with Losman anyway. Donahoe has retarded the quarterback position so much that he would would have been fired on many teams for it.

Of course, by the time he develops into a superb quarterback, our aging defense will be retired and we'll still only be good on one side of the ball. 

454445[/snapback]

I'm not sure that I understand this logic. Did the NFL institute a rule that requires us to keep all of the current defensive players, and prohibits us from trying to improve both sides of the ball at the same time?

Clearly JP is overwhelmed at this level right now.  He probably has what it takes to lead this team to maybe 3 wins this year.  The staff needs to decide if they want to make this an on the job training year for JP?...or do they give Holcomb or Matthews a chance to "manage" the offense and get us some wins.  We still have an entire slate of AFC games to play.  I do believe either of those two guys could make the intermediate throws and make better decisions in the red zone.  It's an interesting call to make.  JP needs confidence but he won't get it on the bench.  If he plays though, it's only a matter of time before people like Moulds starts bitching and the coaches who get paid tons of money to win games start feeling serious heat. Heck, they already are.

454180[/snapback]

The decision has already been made. Since DB couldn't take us to the playoffs, a rookie will have a harder time of it. We are in rebuilding mode, so let's get used to it.

Spikes should've stayed in Cincy. They have a shot at something special.

Clearly JP is overwhelmed at this level right now.  He probably has what it takes to lead this team to maybe 3 wins this year.  The staff needs to decide if they want to make this an on the job training year for JP?...or do they give Holcomb or Matthews a chance to "manage" the offense and get us some wins.  We still have an entire slate of AFC games to play.  I do believe either of those two guys could make the intermediate throws and make better decisions in the red zone.  It's an interesting call to make.  JP needs confidence but he won't get it on the bench.  If he plays though, it's only a matter of time before people like Moulds starts bitching and the coaches who get paid tons of money to win games start feeling serious heat. Heck, they already are.

454180[/snapback]

I like your post....BUT---we can't stop the run...so it doesnt really matter.

I'm not advocating the benching of JP Losman because he will never be good. I'm just saying that to win right now, Holcomb might be the better answer. I don't believe that human beings...especially JP...are that fragile that a week on the bench will destroy his confidence. It would probably make him more angry and maybe push his development. One aspect of JP that i really like is that he refuses to suck. RJ for example just took the abuse and didn't seem to care. JP wants to and will get better. But right now he is a white Akili Smith. No accuracy, not as fast as we thought and slow decision making when the pocket breaks down. Holcomb could probably steady the ship for a week or two.

I'm not advocating the benching of JP Losman because he will never be good.  I'm just saying that to win right now, Holcomb might be the better answer.  I don't believe that human beings...especially JP...are that fragile that a week on the bench will destroy his confidence.  It would probably make him more angry and maybe push his development.  One aspect of JP that i really like is that he refuses to suck.  RJ for example just took the abuse and didn't seem to care.  JP wants to and will get better.  But right now he is a white Akili Smith.  No accuracy, not as fast as we thought and slow decision making when the pocket breaks down.  Holcomb could probably steady the ship for a week or two.

454671[/snapback]

zow - I think there is more to it than confidence. You are right, JP is an extremely confident kid that "refuses" to suck, but to me what is really the issue is that the things that he needs to be a better QB will only come from experience. We all know he can throw and run the ball - but you can only get away with that in practice for so long. He needs to spend the year seeing the different formations, different D allignments, etc - again, you just can't practice how to learn when a DL is breathing up your back in the pocket.

It is frustrating to watch, but like many other posters it is obvious that we are not 'wasting' away a Pro-Bowl D - they are an above-average D at best right now.

Maybe this is all an evil plan to get the first pick in the draft and bring in the kid from USC, before the Bills move to LA. From a business perspective, this is brilliant planning by TD, and should have no problem selling out in LA for 8-10 years if he can put together a semi-willing team led by the local USC hero.

Welcome to your Buffalo Bills of Los Angeles.

BTW, this is a joke.

zow - I think there is more to it than confidence.  You are right, JP is an extremely confident kid that "refuses" to suck, but to me what is really the issue is that the things that he needs to be a better QB will only come from experience.  We all know he can throw and run the ball - but you can only get away with that in practice for so long.  He needs to spend the year seeing the different formations, different D allignments, etc - again, you just can't practice how to learn when a DL is breathing up your back in the pocket. 

It is frustrating to watch, but  like many other posters it is obvious that we are not 'wasting' away a Pro-Bowl D - they are an above-average D at best right now.

454726[/snapback]

Good, well thought out post. Thank you for that. If that's what we're in for this year then i can accept that. I can sit with a beer and some wings and watch the Bills with no stress or pressure because i know the result of the game is not important. JP getting experience and showing progress will be the important thing. The alarming thing right now though is that he's not hitting some wide open throws. He has to be more accurate on deep passes and outs when he's given time. He also can't continue to use Reed, Aiken and Freddy Smith as his primary WR's. He must get the ball to Evans and Moulds any way he can.

We're always playing for the future. JP is not Jim Kelly and we didn't come off a 2-14 season. It's like let's do it for the kids. LAME. The hell with the kids and the hell with Losman. If he improves in practices in the future, play him, otherwise bench him.

Just like kids, the cream always rises to the top. If he is cream, he will eventually rise. I just don't see it at this point.

454245[/snapback]

You sir are a blithering idiot. I bet if you were a Bengal or Giant fan last year you'd have been bitching to bench Palmer or Manning. I'd bet the mortgage on it. And NOW look at those two.

Yet another "fan" without a clue.

You sir are a blithering idiot. I bet if you were a Bengal or Giant fan last year you'd have been bitching to bench Palmer or Manning. I'd bet the mortgage on it. And NOW look at those two.

Yet another "fan" without a clue.

454771[/snapback]

How long are you willing to wait for JP to learn how to play football in the NFL?

Are you unphased by the losses? I am NOT being a smartass right now (believe it or not :( ).

I am asking just how long you will sit there patiently while JP screws up.