Are the Bickering Bills coming back?

The_Real

Mularkey needs to realize that McGahee is more important to this team than he is. Mularkey is a middle of the road (at best) head coach, who is easily replaceable. Not a great motivator, not too brilliant with the things he says to the press, and simply a puppet for TD. Willis, on the other hand, is a premier back in this league, who, if not made happy (as sh------- as that sounds) can EASILY be seen holding out next year.

For once, the HC needs to shut up, start coaching as if he had half a brain, and appease his star player (ie, get him the frigging ball!)

450746[/snapback]

Suddenly Mularkey and his coaching staff are only middle of the road and need to bow to the "star" Players. It didn't seenm to be that way last year or in the first game this year.

WM needs to start playing like the premier back he thinks he is. "Cadillac" in tampa made him look secondary. Parker last year did the same. I get it he only plays like a star when the other guys don't have a star back of their own. That means a stellar game this week and a horrible game against Miami. Grow up WM.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of just tossing an insult, why not try arguing your side?

Mularkey has done nothing to show even a hint of being a great head coach yet. McGahee is one of the best backs in the league. It's not like he said something negative about his HC, he just said "everyone has their own opinion". 

Face it, Mularky is FAR more replaceable than Willis.

450771[/snapback]

i have -- check other threads. i get tired repeating myself.

you, on the other hand, just fire off a quick-hitter filled with exaggeration and hyperbole -- and you're quoting from a jerry sullivan article, of all things. aye caramba.

i have -- check other threads.  i get tired repeating myself.

you, on the other hand, just fire off a quick-hitter filled with exaggeration and hyperbole -- and you're quoting from a jerry sullivan article, of all things.  aye caramba.

450780[/snapback]

I agree with him, but agree with your assestment of him also. :D

It appears the low morale and in-fighting is not restricted to the Bills-

Attached:

The Buffalo News

September 21, 2005

THE BUFFALO BICKERING IS BACK AGAIN

Shades of the '89 Bills return to Orchard Park

by Mark Gaughan

The locker room is tense.  There is behind-the-back name calling and finger pointing.  The coach is involved, and of course, so is the media.  Is it Jimbo and House, Bruce and Thurman, and the rest of the 1989 Bickering Bills?  No, it's much worse:  The Bickering Jills.

It's come to this.  The Bills' biggest supporters have some serious "in-house" issues to clear up before Sunday's game against Atlanta.  The team had an excellent offseason and were considered to be in top form heading into the home opener.  While the product on the field appeared flawless, the catfighting and name calling began almost immediately afterwards during postgame interviews.  Among the comments overheard:

"Look how much cleavedge Jessica was showing.  I know she altered her outfit." 

"All I know is I wasn't the one who missed that dance step between the third and fourth quarters?" 

"How come everyone loves that skank Melissa?"

With an off-week for the Jills when the boys were on the road in Tampa, coach Eileen Dover knew she had to make the most of that time to prepare the team for their upcoming game with Atlanta.  "It's been tough.  We have a young squad and we're going through some growing pains.  But we will work it out internally." 

Dover says she spent most of the off-week working on team-building activities, as well as educating her squad on the dangers of Herpes.  "With Ron Mexico coming to town, I am issuing a 7pm curfew on Saturday night.  If he gets a hold of a few of my girls, I could be looking at an extensive injury report."

Dover is confident that a solid performance on Sunday could be the start of a wave that the team rides into January.  And that's all the fans in Buffalo want.

450762[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Great stuff. I especailly like the coach's name.

i have -- check other threads.  i get tired repeating myself.

you, on the other hand, just fire off a quick-hitter filled with exaggeration and hyperbole -- and you're quoting from a jerry sullivan article, of all things.  aye caramba.

450780[/snapback]

good response "I'm not gonna repeat myself". Sorry, I'm not gonna go digging through threads because you'd rather take the same amount of time writing:

"you, on the other hand, just fire off a quick-hitter filled with exaggeration and hyperbole -- and you're quoting from a jerry sullivan article, of all things. aye caramba."

Than explaining how I'm wrong in your opinion..

In other words... YAWN.

Get Willis the ball 30 times in last weeks game, we win. He was gaining 1-2 yards a carry, i know. Does that mean you get pass happy, and still not get 1st downs? Why not get the ball to your workhorse, pound him 35 times, and watch him wear down their defense?

No, a better thing for a head coach to do would be to openly criticize his star player. Mularky needs to start acting like a head coach.

good response "I'm not gonna repeat myself". Sorry, I'm not gonna go digging through threads because you'd rather take the same amount of time writing:

"you, on the other hand, just fire off a quick-hitter filled with exaggeration and hyperbole -- and you're quoting from a jerry sullivan article, of all things.  aye caramba."

Than explaining how I'm wrong in your opinion..

In other words... YAWN.

Get Willis the ball 30 times in last weeks game, we win. He was gaining 1-2 yards a carry, i know. Does that mean you get pass happy, and still not get 1st downs? Why not get the ball to your workhorse, pound him 35 times, and watch him wear down their defense?

No, a better thing for a head coach to do would be to openly criticize his star player. Mularky needs to start acting like a head coach.

450785[/snapback]

Not even the stupidest of coaches would give a man 30 carries just because. He needs to hit the hole as the play design dictates or he ain't getting the ball, period. Now if he shows some life attacking the hole once in a while, I'm all for your plan.

Not even the stupidest of coaches would give a man 30 carries just because. He needs to hit the hole as the play design dictates or he ain't getting the ball, period. Now if he shows some life attacking the hole once in a while, I'm all for your plan.

450795[/snapback]

JUST BECAUSE?

No....

I don't want to give Willis the ball 30 times for ***** and giggles. I want to do it because he is the core of our "offense" (I use the word offense lightly). We have a rookie QB who seems to be having acuracy issues. You have a potential ProBowl RB. Our line isn't one of the best in the league, and we were playing a TOUGH defense. The yards aren't going to come easy. But if you keep pounding, at least give him touches, something will give, helped by the fact that he IS so talented. But instead, once we were down by mroe than one score... get pass happy. Rookie Coaching moves by a coach who needs to stop making them.

JUST BECAUSE?

No....

I don't want to give Willis the ball 30 times for ***** and giggles. I want to do it because he is the core of our "offense" (I use the word offense lightly). We have a rookie QB who seems to be having acuracy issues. You have a potential ProBowl RB. Our line isn't one of the best in the league, and we were playing a TOUGH defense. The yards aren't going to come easy. But if you keep pounding, at least give him touches, something will give, helped by the fact that he IS so talented. But instead, once we were down by mroe than one score... get pass happy. Rookie Coaching moves by a coach who needs to stop making them.

450802[/snapback]

Again, I agree with the approach. What I meant by "Just Because" is that you can't feed him the ball if he keeps dancing east west. In that case, there MAY be 30 carries, and 15 of them will be from Shaud Williams. :D

Again, I agree with the approach. What I meant by "Just Because" is that you can't feed him the ball if he keeps dancing east west. In that case, there MAY be 30 carries, and 15 of them will be from Shaud Williams.  :D

450805[/snapback]

This reminded me of something I've noticed so far this year - did I miss the memo on Shaud becoming our 3rd down back? Seems he's on the field a lot more than I expected to see him. I would think you'd rather have WM out there on 3rd down -gives a greater threat to the D so they must respect the run and he can catch the rock.

So, is this the role on this team now for Shaud, or is it a subtle message being sent by the coach?

Suddenly Mularkey and his coaching staff are only middle of the road and need to bow to the "star" Players. It didn't seenm to be that way last year or in the first game this year.

WM needs to start playing like the premier back he thinks he is. "Cadillac" in tampa made him look secondary. Parker last year did the same. I get it he only plays like a star when the other guys don't have a star back of their own. That means a stellar game this week and a horrible game against Miami. Grow up WM.

450779[/snapback]

The day that happens is the day I stop being a Bills fan.

Tell McGahee to learn how to play football. MM can call him out any day he wants to, he's the HC and its his job to do so.

This reminded me of something I've noticed so far this year - did I miss the memo on Shaud becoming our 3rd down back?  Seems he's on the field a lot more than I expected to see him.  I would think you'd rather have WM out there on 3rd down -gives a greater threat to the D so they must respect the run and he can catch the rock. 

So, is this the role on this team now for Shaud, or is it a subtle message being sent by the coach?

450848[/snapback]

If Willis could pick up the blitz better, he might be in there on more passing downs. Dude is downright awful, for a guy his size, he blocks like a panzy. Then again, the same could be said for Jim Brown.

Mularkey needs to realize that McGahee is more important to this team than he is. Mularkey is a middle of the road (at best) head coach, who is easily replaceable. Not a great motivator, not too brilliant with the things he says to the press, and simply a puppet for TD. Willis, on the other hand, is a premier back in this league, who, if not made happy (as sh------- as that sounds) can EASILY be seen holding out next year.

For once, the HC needs to shut up, start coaching as if he had half a brain, and appease his star player (ie, get him the frigging ball!)

450746[/snapback]

Interesting. I see it completely differently. It looks to me like Mularkey is continuing to grow into his role as a head coach. He was not insulting to WM on a personal level, he criticized his play. That's his job, and I'm pleased to see he's doing it. He's establishing that he, not the players, not the owner, not the GM, is in charge of how the team plays.

I don't know if we win, but I agree with the premise. Since 1990, the team that has led the league in rushing ATTEMPTS has been to the playoffs with at least 10 wins, every year but one. Stop the stupid pass happy offensive calls and run the friggin ball. I don't care if its Willis, Shaud or Jason Peters running the damn ball. The Steelers ran the ball 61% of the time last year. Is it possible that we hired the wrong Steelers offensive coach?

Any coach who needs to call out his RB four times during a week has a problem with him even if he says there is no problem.

And why exactly does the press need to know Mularkey has a problem with Willis?

Who knows, it may end up working really great like it did with Larry Johnson but I think it's isolating and dimwitted.

If Willis could pick up the blitz better,  he might be in there on more passing downs.  Dude is downright awful,  for a guy his size,  he blocks like a panzy.  Then again,  the same could be said for Jim Brown.

450875[/snapback]

I would like to see something from Daimon Shelton. He is supposed to be a lead blocker for WM and a pass blocker for JP. So far he has not shown me too much.

As far as MM calling out WM, why feed the media? It is just as effective to call him out in practice or during half time to wake him up.

I think MM is right; Willis needs to hit the hole quickly. Hell, Thurman would hit it running sideways while pumping his legs and fall down in a seam for 4 yards. Keep doing that and eventually that slot becomes a hole and it's "hello, daylight!"

The Bickering Bills are back, if that is what we want to believe! The Bickering Fans never left.

I appreciate all the commentary and criticism, but I think too many fans are getting out their doooooomed jersies pretty early. :D

I would like to see something from Daimon Shelton. He is supposed to be a lead blocker for WM and a pass blocker for JP. So far he has not shown me too much.

I agree Rockpile. Last season the coaching staff said he was blocking as good, if not better, then any FB in the league.

What happened? :D

The day that happens is the day I stop being a Bills fan.

Tell McGahee to learn how to play football. MM can call him out any day he wants to, he's the HC and its his job to do so.

450856[/snapback]

Agreed. Once WM starts running the ball like a man rather than a unsure 6th grader, give him the ball 30 times. I give credit to MM in the Tampa game, I would have benched WM for the entire second half.

WM needs to understand running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL - evidence in the fact the average tenure is 4-5 years. WM needs to bow down to MM or be prepared to ride the pine - and with good reason. The shelf life of a RB is so short they are easily replaced.