Are the Bickering Bills coming back?

The_Real

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More like the bickering Bill's media coverage guys. The players and coaches haven't come across as upset with one another at all.

450698[/snapback]

i disagree.......willis seems very agitated......his "everyone has an opinion" comment is uncalled for and shows little respect for his head coach, who's opinion matters a hell of a lot more then "everyone".......

More like the bickering Bill's media coverage guys. The players and coaches haven't come across as upset with one another at all.

450698[/snapback]

I think E. Moulds and J.P said things that were critical of one another. I also think that Mularkey definitely called out Willis for his lack of aggression when running the ball. Willis in turn did not respond as a team player. The only thing he could say is that everyone has their own opinion. That's not exactly comforting if you are a Bills fan. He said that you don't understand unless you are out there.

As a fan, I want to hear him say things like "I understand where coach is coming from" or "He's right, I need to get through the holes faster". I think there are alot of things being said that could escalate if they continue to lose.

Just my opinion.

t-r

I think E. Moulds and J.P said things that were critical of one another.  I also think that Mularkey definitely called out Willis for his lack of aggression when running the ball.  Willis in turn did not respond as a team player.  The only thing he could say is that everyone has their own opinion.  That's not exactly comforting if you are a Bills fan.  He said that you don't understand unless you are out there.

As a fan, I want to hear him say things like "I understand where coach is coming from" or "He's right, I need to get through the holes faster".  I think there are alot of things being said that could escalate if they continue to lose. 

Just my opinion. 

t-r

450716[/snapback]

Just thinking maybe JP-Moulds could bicker a little bit more like TO-McNabb. Seems to be working out pretty well for them :D

I think E. Moulds and J.P said things that were critical of one another.  I also think that Mularkey definitely called out Willis for his lack of aggression when running the ball.  Willis in turn did not respond as a team player.  The only thing he could say is that everyone has their own opinion.  That's not exactly comforting if you are a Bills fan.  He said that you don't understand unless you are out there.

As a fan, I want to hear him say things like "I understand where coach is coming from" or "He's right, I need to get through the holes faster".  I think there are alot of things being said that could escalate if they continue to lose. 

Just my opinion. 

t-r

450716[/snapback]

Hey The Real, I always make sure to read all of your threads because of your avatar. :D That being said, I think one win makes all of this go away and we're back to a Buffalo love fest. I do agree however, that there is too much talking going on right now and another bad game will make it worse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by Sunday night, all is forgiven.

Just my opinion. 

t-r

450716[/snapback]

I agree with you in principal, but based on what many of them along with Mularkey have said afterward (and Willis' efforts in practice the next day) they DO have a respect and understanding with each other and are basically toying with the media when they try to manufacture controversy. Again, Willis has adjusted accordingly in practice according to Mularkey.

Just thinking maybe JP-Moulds could bicker a little bit more like TO-McNabb. Seems to be working out pretty well for them :D

450720[/snapback]

"HALF BREED!!!!"

"HAS BEEN!!!!"

"You throw with no accuracy!!!"

"Yeah, how many babies you got?"

:D0:):D0:)

Hey The Real, I always make sure to read all of your threads because of your avatar.  :D  That being said, I think one win makes all of this go away and we're back to a Buffalo love fest.  I do agree however, that there is too much talking going on right now and another bad game will make it worse.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by Sunday night, all is forgiven.

450727[/snapback]

She is beautiful isn't she?

I hope so too. I hate it when we fall apart on the field and in the locker room.

t-r

Mularkey needs to realize that McGahee is more important to this team than he is. Mularkey is a middle of the road (at best) head coach, who is easily replaceable. Not a great motivator, not too brilliant with the things he says to the press, and simply a puppet for TD. Willis, on the other hand, is a premier back in this league, who, if not made happy (as sh------- as that sounds) can EASILY be seen holding out next year.

For once, the HC needs to shut up, start coaching as if he had half a brain, and appease his star player (ie, get him the frigging ball!)

Hey The Real, I always make sure to read all of your threads because of your avatar.  :D  That being said, I think one win makes all of this go away and we're back to a Buffalo love fest.  I do agree however, that there is too much talking going on right now and another bad game will make it worse.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by Sunday night, all is forgiven.

450727[/snapback]

You are correct sir - things don't just go to hell in a handbasket in a week for no reason. Ralph, the coaches, the team and all the fans are embarassed after that game last week. The Bills win big at home against Ron Mexico and the dirty birds and all will be well again.

i hope they are.  the last group of bickering bills went on to win four AFC championships.

if it works, why fight it?  :D

450739[/snapback]

Well, that is a very good point. So I guess we just have to wait see if we have the type of characters we had back in 1989. Will the bickering cause each guy to step up and perform? I sure hope so because that is only way the bickering will go away.

Mularkey needs to realize that McGahee is more important to this team than he is. Mularkey is a middle of the road (at best) head coach, who is easily replaceable. Not a great motivator, not too brilliant with the things he says to the press, and simply a puppet for TD. Willis, on the other hand, is a premier back in this league, who, if not made happy (as sh------- as that sounds) can EASILY be seen holding out next year.

For once, the HC needs to shut up, start coaching as if he had half a brain, and appease his star player (ie, get him the frigging ball!)

450746[/snapback]

is it any wonder that the word stevestojan was, for a time, the automatic filter for the word schitt?

that's some major bull-stojan you're spouting, man...

It appears the low morale and in-fighting is not restricted to the Bills-

Attached:

The Buffalo News

September 21, 2005

THE BUFFALO BICKERING IS BACK AGAIN

Shades of the '89 Bills return to Orchard Park

by Mark Gaughan

The locker room is tense. There is behind-the-back name calling and finger pointing. The coach is involved, and of course, so is the media. Is it Jimbo and House, Bruce and Thurman, and the rest of the 1989 Bickering Bills? No, it's much worse: The Bickering Jills.

It's come to this. The Bills' biggest supporters have some serious "in-house" issues to clear up before Sunday's game against Atlanta. The team had an excellent offseason and were considered to be in top form heading into the home opener. While the product on the field appeared flawless, the catfighting and name calling began almost immediately afterwards during postgame interviews. Among the comments overheard:

"Look how much cleavedge Jessica was showing. I know she altered her outfit."

"All I know is I wasn't the one who missed that dance step between the third and fourth quarters?"

"How come everyone loves that skank Melissa?"

With an off-week for the Jills when the boys were on the road in Tampa, coach Eileen Dover knew she had to make the most of that time to prepare the team for their upcoming game with Atlanta. "It's been tough. We have a young squad and we're going through some growing pains. But we will work it out internally."

Dover says she spent most of the off-week working on team-building activities, as well as educating her squad on the dangers of Herpes. "With Ron Mexico coming to town, I am issuing a 7pm curfew on Saturday night. If he gets a hold of a few of my girls, I could be looking at an extensive injury report."

Dover is confident that a solid performance on Sunday could be the start of a wave that the team rides into January. And that's all the fans in Buffalo want.

Media hype!

We dont know whats going on inside the locker room, in practice, in meetings, in the stalls (good thing), etc. They could all be lovie-dovie at this very moment.

We're being fed a few quotes by reporters looking to make a big deal out of it. I'm sure every team has these squabbles at one point or another, they just tend to come out into the open after a team has gone through a thorough ass-kicking.

Just my opinion. 

t-r

450716[/snapback]

If they all started saying what we wanted to hear, we'd all be criticizing them too, for being like Drew Bledsoe. I think this is definitely a media creation. The only one I would be a little concerned about is McGahee. In his press conference he definitely comes off a little bitter. Maybe it is bitterness with Mularkey, or maybe it is bitterness with the media guys asking him the same stupid question a dozen times. Either way, reading the tea leaves (as FFS says), I thouhgt the most telling comment was the Madden video game question. Asked what team he uses when playing Madden, he responds something to the effect of "I don't play Madden much anymore, but if I did, it would probably be the Raiders!" On the heels of everything "going on" with him this week, it seemed like a sort of defiant statement. I don't think McGhee is as stupid as he sounds sometimes...winning will cure everything!

is it any wonder that the word stevestojan was, for a time, the automatic filter for the word schitt?

that's some major bull-stojan you're spouting, man...

450760[/snapback]

Instead of just tossing an insult, why not try arguing your side?

Mularkey has done nothing to show even a hint of being a great head coach yet. McGahee is one of the best backs in the league. It's not like he said something negative about his HC, he just said "everyone has their own opinion".

Face it, Mularky is FAR more replaceable than Willis.