My Cousin In Boston Tells Me...

Mark VI

My cousin Bob is a rare nice Pats fan and never rubs it in. Knows the game well.

He told me the Pats defintely miss Crennel. The D looks OK but not nearly as good as last year. He believes they will have more losses than people expect and the Steelers game will be tough. Says the Pats fans believe they will completely shut down RB Willie Parker but he wonders if that will happen. Admitted the Carolina game opened his eyes and he doesn't see the dominating team of past years.

Hmmm...

This is the injury report on Yahoo, I'm not sure how accurate it is, but NE is a pretty banged up team right now.

New England Patriots

Tully Banta-Cain LB  Questionable  Knee

Andre' Davis WR  Questionable  Foot

Brandon Gorin T  Questionable  Thigh

Jarvis Green DE  Questionable  Shoulder

Bethel Johnson WR  Questionable  Thigh

Tyrone Poole CB  Questionable  Ankle

James Sanders S  Questionable  Ankle

Chad Scott CB  Questionable  Shoulder

Richard Seymour DT  Questionable  Thigh

Duane Starks CB  Questionable  Thigh

This is the injury report on Yahoo, I'm not sure how accurate it is, but NE is a pretty banged up team right now.

449847[/snapback]

I thought the Bills were banged up. Hells Bells ! <_<

Steelers must be licking their chops.

BTW- Bill, what are you talking about ? Romeo and Juliet are a couple, not Romeo and Lovie.

449847[/snapback]

No, the Pats always do that. They do it to disguise real inuries. It's kinda funny, but the pats always have a huge injury list.

No, the Pats always do that. They do it to disguise real inuries. It's kinda funny, but the pats always have a huge injury list.

449893[/snapback]

I think they got fined for underreporting an injury, so now they report *everything*.

I think they got fined for underreporting an injury, so now they report *everything*.

449908[/snapback]

Oh yea! I knew it was something like that. Somebody breaks a nail and they are probable. A stubbed toe makes you questionable. A zit makes you doubtful.

They're missing more than just Crennel.  They're missing Bruschi, Johnson, Patten, Andruzzi, and especially Weis.  The other teams have also closed the gap on them significantly, to the point where they're probably the 4th best team in the AFC, if even that.

449940[/snapback]

They are definitely going to miss Weis. Right now they are still running things pretty much the way Weis used to. Once teams are used to what they are calling, I'd be surprised to see the new signal caller be able to devise new stuff the way Weis did. It kind of reminds me of '92 with the Bills. The Bills offense looked great the 1st 4 games, but then they started putting in Bresnahan's plays and adjustments and never looked the same as they did with Marchibroda.

Dave.

My cousin Bob is a rare nice Pats fan and never rubs it in. Knows the game well.

He told me the Pats defintely miss Crennel.

Your cousin isn't watching the same team I'm watching.

The defense is not the problem. Horrible ST play and no run-blocking whatsoever have something more to do with Sunday's loss (and the bad parts of the Oakland game as well). The ST puts the defense in bad spots by giving up huge returns, and the offense is consistently in 3rd-and-longs because the running game goes nowhere.

The defense held Delhomme to 154 yards and a 42% completion rate, and the Carolina runners to under 3.0 YPC. They even scored a TD! What more could they have done?

Your cousin isn't watching the same team I'm watching.

The defense is not the problem.  Horrible ST play and no run-blocking whatsoever have something more to do with Sunday's loss (and the bad parts of the Oakland game as well).  The ST puts the defense in bad spots by giving up huge returns, and the offense is consistently in 3rd-and-longs because the running game goes nowhere.

The defense held Delhomme to 154 yards and a 42% completion rate, and the Carolina runners to under 3.0 YPC.  They even scored a TD!  What more could they have done?

450006[/snapback]

I have to agree with you. Seems the OL is the biggest worry so far, from what I've seen. No push and Brady is getting lots of pressure.

I guess my cousin is more worried about the D wearing down. He did mention that but that's because of the Offense.

He told me the Pats defintely miss Crennel. The D looks OK but not nearly as good as last year. He believes they will have more losses than people expect and the Steelers game will be tough. Says the Pats fans believe they will completely shut down RB Willie Parker but he wonders if that will happen. Admitted the Carolina game opened his eyes and he doesn't see the dominating team of past years.

Hmmm...

449836[/snapback]

I don't think any of the Pats team in the last 4 years were dominating....They did not blow out teams (other than the 31-0 beating up of us in the season finale two seasons ago).....

I think they have played intellegently and make the right plays to win their games...but dominating....a big NO.

I have to agree with you. Seems the OL is the biggest worry so far, from what I've seen. No push and Brady is getting lots of pressure.

I guess my cousin is more worried about the D wearing down. He did mention that but that's because of the Offense.

450200[/snapback]

I think Weiss's leaving will hurt a lot more over the long run. The one thing I've noticed in the Oakland and Carolina games is how Corey Dillon is looking a lot like Antwoin Smith. That O-line is not as good as it has been.